Dragon Gate 2014 UK Tour 25th & 26th July : Both DVDs released&#33

Mark Sloan

assuming lion kid looses of course! :-p I think he's proven himself a tough competitor on previous tours.

Id love to see a DGUK title one that is acknowledged by dragon gate and maybe even defended back in japan on occation, Open The Kingdom Title anyone? :-)

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Why Low Ki, anyone? Unlike previous North American wrestlers that have been booked for DG:UK shows (Bucks, Generico), Ki has zero ties with actual Dragon Gate. Well, unless you count him appearing on this weekend's Gabe-produced DG:USA shows, which have only got Ricochet in common with an authentic Dragon Gate show. Which I don't.

Why Low Ki, anyone? Unlike previous North American wrestlers that have been booked for DG:UK shows (Bucks, Generico), Ki has zero ties with actual Dragon Gate. Well, unless you count him appearing on this weekend's Gabe-produced DG:USA shows, which have only got Ricochet in common with an authentic Dragon Gate show. Which I don't.

Ki has been in Dragon Gate USA a bunch of times.

He wrestled BxB Hulk. He wrestled Pac. And he teamed with Akira Tozawa & BxB Hulk to fight Masaaki Mochizuki, PAC & Ricochet

Isn't a name supposed to be announced today?

I'm out with a daft but busty cow and been sneaking away refreshing the UKFF on the sly

There is. But for your tremendous post, let's make it two names!

Posted within 90 minutes for sure!

9/4/14

In this update

2 Stars Announced Below

Dragon Gate UK DVD : Festival of Fire : N3 Details

Event Details

More News and Notes

Naruki Doi and Mark Haskins Announced

-------

2013_Bio_Pic_Naruki_Doi.jpg

Naruki Doi

DG UK Record 3-5

http://www.facebook.com/naruki.doi

undoubtedly one of the biggest names ever in Dragon Gate, multiple time champion, former ROH tag champion and one of the mainstays of the Dragon Gate promotion. He is a big match player, all of his title runs were seen as major matches and was part of the superb "Speed Muscle" pairing with Masato Yoshino. The real deal and we're glad to have him back in the UK

In DG:UK Rushed to an impressive 3-0 as part of the World One trio who were victorious in the main event on their UK debut, beat Yamato in 2010 and was part of the blistering semi main event tag match at Invasion 2 in St Ives. In 2011 suffered his first DG:UK loss when the Blood Warriors lost out to team UK in an excellent 6 man tag team match. The following night lost to Yoshino and didn't win a match on the 2013 tour either. So his form was undefeated for the first three and then has dropped five on the trot. He is absolutely intent on turning it into a positive with two victories in 2014.

2013haskinsbiopic.jpg

Mark Haskins

DG UK Record 5-4

@markhaskins

One of the UK's most prominent talent's and for good reason, former TNA roster member and Dragon Gate of Japan "import". The Star Attraction is still improving and developing which is quite a statement when you have already had a contract with two major organizations in the wrestling world. One of the few fighters to be on a postive on the Win / Loss record.

Racing to 4-0 with victories over Kagetora, Lion Kid, CIMA and Dragon Gate and then the Blood Warriors in a 6 man tag team match at Invasion 3. The following night in Nottingham, he (along with Marty Scurll) had the chance to eliminate CIMA from DG:UK, but dropped the match to CIMA and surprise partner Gamma (Osaka 06) in a classic. Lost the following night to Shingo and finished the 2011 tour on 4-2. When it came to the 4 way at the start of the 2013 tour, sacrificed himself to save the DG:UK career of team mate Marty Scurll and then won the 4 way the following night. However things weren't so good for the Team UK stable mates when they met on the final night of the 2013 tour. Haskins v Scurll and Scurll was one loss away from being Eliminated? Haskins gave up his victory on night 1 to save him, but after Scurll's lost to CIMA on the Saturday night Scurll took out his frustrations on "Skins" and it was on!

Dragon Gate UK : Festival of Fire N3 DVD Update

-------

DGUK_DVD_Festival_Of_Fire_Finale.jpg

The excellent Night 3 or Finale DVD is finally finished, proof watched and on it's way to the manufacturer, we're very proud of this DVD, it's taught us alot, the picture quality, the match quality and the overall DVD is something we are extremely happy with. It has stretched the team at times, but we're finally glad to have finished it and we hope it to be instock within the next 2 weeks.

The amazing All Star tag match, Naruki Doi and Mochizuki wage war in a very hard hitting bout. Genki Horiguchi and BxB Hulk do battle just one week after a brutal slaying of the Jimmy's by Hulk's Mad Blankey. The Lion Kid and Akira Tozawa go one of one and gain a standing ovation. Yamato tests Noam Dar like nobody so far in the Scotsman's trial series. Team UK member's Marty Scurll and Mark Haskins do battle with Scurll's career on the line. A packed Castleford Civic Hall only adds to the incredible night of action.

Trailer Here -

Order Here - Festival of Fire N3 DVD Page

Event Details

-------

2014poster.jpg

DG:UK X

Date : Friday July 25th

Doors Open : 7pm,

Show Start : 7.45

Est Finish : 10.15

Venue :

Broxbourne Civic Hall

High Street

Hoddlesdon

Herfordshire

EN11 8BE

Tickets :

roster is shaping up nicely. Hopefully we get one or two of the Millenials as I think they'll really put the weekend over the top in terms of giving it an identity different to the previous DG-UKs (as Ricochet did last year). In terms of how each guy would fit I'd say this:

Eita - Maybe the most talented new young wrestler in Japan. He is just friggin ridiculous! I think the European fans in particular would really appreciate how slick his mat work is. Already an amazing tag team wrestler and I think that would be the role that he would most excel in over the weekend.

T-Hawk - Kinda like the new Shingo in many ways. His title match with Yoshino may have been the 2013 DG MOTY. He could go out there on either night and have the match that has people raving to the point where the next tour could be built around a rematch (ala Takagi vs. Susumu, and YAMATO vs. Susumu).

Yosuke SantaMaria - Potential to be the most over wrestler DG-UK has ever seen. No way in hell this crowd doesn't LOVE this gimmick. She's amazing, and will be the star of the weekend if she comes over. Guaranteed most popular photo opp at the meet & greet too.

U-T - Probably a year too soon for the youngster but he's well on his way to being great. If he does come over he won't let anyone down, and his charisma will go a long way. For his experience level (10 months), he's so good.

If we had to pick one out of the four Millenials I'd go with T-Hawk. I thought he had such huge potential in his debut match at Dead Or Alive 2010.

Haskins was an expected and welcome announcement but I am happy with Doi eventhough I'd left him off my picks. Doi has been one of the un-sung heroes of the past tours with his involvement in all three six-man tags and his matches against YAMATO, Yoshino and Mochizuki yet he doesn't quite get the love he deserves.

It's crazy that all but four competitors have been announced already! We're considering bringing in two extras too.

We're hoping to have some additional DVD releases in the not too distant future.

Should we announce either Friday's main event or the Card Structure next week? Let's hear it!

I'll be greedy and say I'd love an extra two. I'd be happy with the extra two being from the UK as well. Out of the remaining four we still need Shingo Takagi, Lion Kid, Noam Dar and at least one Dragon Gate UK debut. I'd love for Martin Kirby to get a full time roster spot as part of DG:UK. So the two extra's will be welcome additions.

The Wrestling Store shows or DG:UK Best Of's? I know you once gave out the Faringdon 08 show as a thank you to fans but I would pay good hard money to own it.

Friday's main event.

Yosuke SantaMaria - Potential to be the most over wrestler DG-UK has ever seen. No way in hell this crowd doesn't LOVE this gimmick. She's amazing, and will be the star of the weekend if she comes over. Guaranteed most popular photo opp at the meet & greet too.

Have to agree with this. Hope we do get a 2 person team from the Millienials featuring Yosuke. Good to see Haskins back, as the same with Marty, it just wouldn't be DG:UK without him. Mrs. E will be happy about Doi coming back, as she fancies him a bit, hah. All I need now is Lion Kid back, and my daughter will be happy (she was rocking a Lion Kid tshirt over the weekend).

Ki has been in Dragon Gate USA a bunch of times.

He wrestled BxB Hulk. He wrestled Pac. And he teamed with Akira Tozawa & BxB Hulk to fight Masaaki Mochizuki, PAC & Ricochet

hit the nail on the head there, besides I was just 'fantasy' booking, the guys semi-retired, just with previous guests he was the first 'outsider' that came to mind. LowKi fits into dragon gate just as well as Scrull, haskins ect... do

Although reading through the results coming from japan id expect a shake up with the units before July, especially with Mad Blankey and the Jimmiz

Love the additions of Doi and Haskins. Doi and Scurll V Lion Kid and Haskins anyone?

speaking of other UK talent, i'm probably alone in this one but i'm personally not fussed about seeing Noam Dar on this tour, don't get me wrong he had good matches on the last shows but id love to see El Ligero make his DGUK debut this time around.

Archived