11/6/14

In this update.

What could have been!

Have your say, let's hear your voice!

Current Cards

News and Notes Section

What could have been? We did say it was to be confirmed

-------

Well, the big update actually turns out to be what could have been! We were hoping to change our advertised roster slightly and bring in both Eita and T-Hawk, the Millennials as fresh debuts this year, there was alot of work going on to try and make it happen, that's why it said about the update was to be confirmed and why some matches got announced in a different order. Alas they would have faced off against Lion Kid and the fourth member of Team UK in singles competition and then would have teamed in the 3 way tag team match on Night 2. LK really wanted to face off against Eita after seeing him rise through the DG Dojo when he was in Japan

However it would have been at the expense of BxB Hulk, who as most of you will know left Mad Blankey recently and is fired up and very much excited to be coming to the UK in just a few weeks. The financial side of it also played a part with the additional travel costings of bringing an additional talent from Japan. The flight costs are the most we have ever seen! It is unlikely we'll run a summer event again, we knew the costs were going to be high but little did we know just how much they like to crucify people when it comes to summertime travel! We try to keep the ticket prices reasonable and Dragon Gate really do go out of their way to make sure these UK events are as packed as possible.

So the big update was to be the European debut of the Millennials, but sadly we'll have to wait for next year for that one.

Let's hear what you think, make your voice heard

-------

So then, let's hear from the people that count! What should we do with the last two matches on these shows?

We approached, in no particular order - AJ Styles, Bad Influence, Sabin, Low Ki last year and schedules didn't go our way.

What would you like to see in the future? People keep asking about a Dragon Gate UK title belt, but with yearly tours is it worth it?

How about a one night single elimination tournament? Should we return to the 3 debut's each year.

Should we take a break in 2015? Should the bonus matches be canned?

Would you pay

So then, let's hear from the people that count! What should we do with the last two matches on these shows?

I guess on the Friday do a Lion Kid/BxB Hulk rematch and the two current TBA's against each other. I wouldn't mind two UK guys as the last two.

What would you like to see in the future? People keep asking about a Dragon Gate UK title belt, but with yearly tours is it worth it?

I'd still personally like to see a Title belt. While these weekends are some of the best wrestling weekends you will see all year, something to fight for other than personal pride would be appreciated.

How about a one night single elimination tournament? Should we return to the 3 debut's each year.

I'd like to see the 3 debuts. T-Hawk and Eita would be two good first choices, Don Fuji as the third would rock my world.

NO AND NO. NO. NO. NO! The bonus matches could be used for the UK talent to fight for spots on the next years tour and feel like they mean something.

Would you pay

i still hold hope for joe as he is in the uk on the 27th july. could he be booked to come in a couple of days early?

a big 3 nights to crown a champion would be amazing

if you can put on show i say NO to the break

im not a fan of blu rays but i know alot of fans buy them for the extra stuff

kirby and travis to team uk or stixx or dar or well any of the amazing uk talent its hard to choose one name

as for the one indy name not linked to any major usa companies how about petty williams.

i would like to see a facebook page as not on twitter.

would have personally much rathered either Eita or T-Hawk than BxB Hulk. Ah well.

Here's the things I'd be trying for:

BxB Hulk vs. Tommy End on Friday. About as good a style matchup as I can think of. They'd mesh really well, and it would feel like a proper big match.

Lion Kid vs. either Mark Andrews or Grado on Friday. Obviously would be two completely different matches but those two guys probably have the most buzz on the UK scene this year so either would be a nice addition.

Saturday:

I'd scrap the 3 way.

Swann vs. Marty (charisma explosion)

Then a 6 man tag with the gimmick being Yoshino leading a team of hungry young UK guys against Hulk doing the same.

Yoshino/Andrews/Lion Kid vs. Hulk/Haskins/Will Osperay

as for some of the other questions:

-not too fussed about a title

-a tournament could be fun

-3 debuts would be great. Keeps things fresh

-I've never liked classing things as bonus matches. Don't can them but just treat them as a regular match on the card.

-Not fussed about Blu-Ray. On Demand, quick access to the shows without needing to get a physical copy mailed to me is definitely my preference these days.

Hope that feedback is of help.

• Paid Members
We approached, in no particular order - AJ Styles, Bad Influence, Sabin, Low Ki last year and schedules didn't go our way.

Impressive. Obviously the main draw is the Dragon Gate stars but the potential to provide Dragon Gate v indy dream matches is enticing. I'd love to see Speed Muscle vs Bad Influence happen somewhere, someday.

You'll know as well as anyone, a belt is just a prop to make a match seem a bigger deal. Personally the calibre of match on the DG:UK shows speaks for itself, and I'm not bothered about a belt or not, especially when tour to tour you don't even know if the challenger you set up this year would be available for next year's tour, or even champion for that matter.

Do you think Martin Kirby should be moved up into Team UK, Should Scurll be eliminated, who should replace him? Stixx? Dar? Storm? Kirby? Find a new blood?

Kirby is a great wrestler who works well with anyone and he'd be an asset to a DG:UK show. I honestly think a guy like Kris Travis would have some barn-burners in the hard hitting main event style with Shingo, YAMATO or Yokosuka and also mesh well with Tozawa and Hulk, and one guy you could put in any match on any spot on the card from opening sprint to mid-card multi-man to main event would be Ligero.

We'll definately be coming back to the North on the next tour, where should we go?

The Ritz, Manchester! Was a good venue for wrestling when I went to see HXC, spitting distance from Oxford Road station for people having to connect.

If you could bring in one Independant or non-affliated talent into DG:UK who should it be?

Other than the fab names you listed above? AR Fox.

But seriously, Bad Influence vs any two Dragon Gate guys would make me wet myself, and others in the vicinity.

I guess on the Friday do a Lion Kid/BxB Hulk rematch and the two current TBA's against each other. I wouldn't mind two UK guys as the last two.

We did think about that, it's possible, but in two of your posts below you mention about things meaning something, unless there is something to it, then it's just a UK bonus match moved onto the main card

I'd still personally like to see a Title belt. While these weekends are some of the best wrestling weekends you will see all year, something to fight for other than personal pride would be appreciated.

Well they are fighting for both competition and the win loss record (to gain +5 and to avoid being ousted from the company) the title is something that has been discussed a few times already

I'd like to see the 3 debuts. T-Hawk and Eita would be two good first choices, Don Fuji as the third would rock my world.

I think we'll see Eita and T-Hawk on the next tour

NO AND NO. NO. NO. NO! The bonus matches could be used for the UK talent to fight for spots on the next years tour and feel like they mean something.

Unofficially they have (Lion, Scurll and Dar all did bonus matches), but with 4 guys in bonus matches, sometimes as many as 8 and 10 if tag matches counted on a 3 day tour, then how do you justify the progression. It's a bonus match, dark match, extra match for the live audience. It's by no means any less important but if there is more significance put on it, it becomes an extra match on the card, just before the "official start"

Would you pay

i still hold hope for joe as he is in the uk on the 27th july. could he be booked to come in a couple of days early?

I woudn't had thought it was possible. He is a great man and a great talent

a big 3 nights to crown a champion would be amazing

if you can put on show i say NO to the break

We have provisional dates

im not a fan of blu rays but i know alot of fans buy them for the extra stuff

There wouldn't be much in the way of extras, just closer to the quality of the actual footage as it is recorded

kirby and travis to team uk or stixx or dar or well any of the amazing uk talent its hard to choose one name

as for the one indy name not linked to any major usa companies how about petty williams.

another top talent and a good shout

i would like to see a facebook page as not on twitter.

Thanks for the feedback

I've always been a fan of tournaments so that would be really cool in my opinion. And I think a DG:UK title could just about be justified. There's always been simple storyline threads and rivalries built up within the promotion from tour to tour... a tournament for the belt and subsequent defences each time they're over here would certainly add something meaningful to their annual UK jaunts. As for debuts, I'd certainly welcome more, yeah. The core DG:UK roster would be in danger of getting stale if they weren't all so awesome that it doesn't really matter, but it's always good to see new guys and tick more boxes off the "wrestlers I've seen live" list. Eita and T-Hawk seem already promised for the next tour though, so that doesn't seem an issue for now (how about Flamita for a third?!)...

Do you think Martin Kirby should be moved up into Team UK, Should Scurll be eliminated, who should replace him? Stixx? Dar? Storm? Kirby? Find a new blood?

Would definitely like to see more of Kirby and Dar on these shows, they're ideal fits with the Dragon Gate guys.

We'll definately be coming back to the North on the next tour, where should we go?

Anywhere is fine by me, as wherever it is will be on the way home from London for me. I'd prioritise somewhere with a really cool and suitable venue more than anything, preferably with tiered seating or a balcony (providing I can guarantee a seat in that section of course :p)...

Do we need a facebook page? Should we start releasing photos and videos from the previous events that are as of right now, unseen?

If you could bring in one Independant or non-affliated talent into DG:UK who should it be?

We're thinking of having the first stipulation match on the next tour, lets hear what you think!

Would love to see some more of those awesome official photos somewhere! I'll vote for Chris Daniels (singles or with Kazarian) and Alex Shelley as independent talents I'd like to see on the shows.

As for stipulation matches... what are the chances of a No Rope match?! It would require the right feud of course, but it's the gimmick match I most associate with Dragon Gate. Well, that and those crazy Escape The Cage things but No Rope would be more plausible logistically I'm sure!

Impressive. Obviously the main draw is the Dragon Gate stars but the potential to provide Dragon Gate v indy dream matches is enticing. I'd love to see Speed Muscle vs Bad Influence happen somewhere, someday.

That was Friday's other Tag Match, unfortunately Christopher Daniels was unavailable for the dates

You'll know as well as anyone, a belt is just a prop to make a match seem a bigger deal. Personally the calibre of match on the DG:UK shows speaks for itself, and I'm not bothered about a belt or not, especially when tour to tour you don't even know if the challenger you set up this year would be available for next year's tour, or even champion for that matter.

I don't disagree, All points we have discussed.

Kirby is a great wrestler who works well with anyone and he'd be an asset to a DG:UK show. I honestly think a guy like Kris Travis would have some barn-burners in the hard hitting main event style with Shingo, YAMATO or Yokosuka and also mesh well with Tozawa and Hulk, and one guy you could put in any match on any spot on the card from opening sprint to mid-card multi-man to main event would be Ligero.

The Ritz, Manchester! Was a good venue for wrestling when I went to see HXC, spitting distance from Oxford Road station for people having to connect.

Yeah, the Tidal Tour was supposed to head there, looked real impressive, however HXC have a good thing going on there

Other than the fab names you listed above? AR Fox.

But seriously, Bad Influence vs any two Dragon Gate guys would make me wet myself, and others in the vicinity.

See above and it would have been Haskins & Scurll v Bad Influence on the Saturday show too, AR Fox was getting Rave Reviews over here on his last visit

• Paid Members
That was Friday's other Tag Match, unfortunately Christopher Daniels was unavailable for the dates

Fuckballs! I could make a card of the matches I was meant to see but fell through due to scheduling, injuries, cancellations, and it would be better than any WrestleMania in history. Oh well, sod's law.

For the interested, the rest of it would include Hitman v Stone Cold as originally planned for One Night Only, Joe v Angle as planned for the first TNA tour, Shibata v Goto from last year's G1, and a good deal of Mark's planned Octane cards, some five years ago.

I've always been a fan of tournaments so that would be really cool in my opinion. And I think a DG:UK title could just about be justified. There's always been simple storyline threads and rivalries built up within the promotion from tour to tour... a tournament for the belt and subsequent defences each time they're over here would certainly add something meaningful to their annual UK jaunts. As for debuts, I'd certainly welcome more, yeah. The core DG:UK roster would be in danger of getting stale if they weren't all so awesome that it doesn't really matter, but it's always good to see new guys and tick more boxes off the "wrestlers I've seen live" list. Eita and T-Hawk seem already promised for the next tour though, so that doesn't seem an issue for now (how about Flamita for a third?!)...

Would definitely like to see more of Kirby and Dar on these shows, they're ideal fits with the Dragon Gate guys.

Anywhere is fine by me, as wherever it is will be on the way home from London for me. I'd prioritise somewhere with a really cool and suitable venue more than anything, preferably with tiered seating or a balcony (providing I can guarantee a seat in that section of course :p)...

Do we need a facebook page? Should we start releasing photos and videos from the previous events that are as of right now, unseen?

We're thinking of having the first stipulation match on the next tour, lets hear what you think!

Would love to see some more of those awesome official photos somewhere! I'll vote for Chris Daniels (singles or with Kazarian) and Alex Shelley as independent talents I'd like to see on the shows.

As for stipulation matches... what are the chances of a No Rope match?! It would require the right feud of course, but it's the gimmick match I most associate with Dragon Gate. Well, that and those crazy Escape The Cage things but No Rope would be more plausible logistically I'm sure!

Alex Shelley isn't an independant talent. He is with New Japan, would absolutely of course love to have him on any event. He is without doubt one of the best Junior Heavyweights in the world.

We are going to be releasing some of the most amazing professional photos as wall canvasess in the not to distant future. The prototype ones I have seen as sooooo nice.

All of those match types are possible, our team built all manner of gimmick match equipment previously, we even had professional plans drawn up for a European Elimination chamber! How cool would that have been. Not for Dragon Gate of course!

We tried for Chris Daniels on this tour as mentioned, he was already booked elsewhere.

God damn! That is properly gutting!

Actually Manchester would be a great choice for the Northern leg I'd say. Within reach of a good proportion of the country, good transport links, etc. Plus I haven't been to Manchester in far too long, so it'd be as good an excuse as any..!

11/6/14

-------

Shame none could come over bit I think LowKi and Sabin fit the dragon gate style perfectly, maybe next time

absolutely! I think its something that could really add to main event matches and it gives the roster something to aspire too. Who seriously wouldn't love to see a video at the start on an event of Ultimo Dragon or Dragon Gate president basically acknowledging the Kingdom Gate (that's right im calling it that until someone tells me otherwise lol) title

Honestly I don't think it should be a rule of 3 per tour, as long as the favourites are there and a fresh face or two, were happy

Hellllll NO! and no!

Would you pay

• Paid Members
Jushin Liger

Not independent.

FYI guys, in case it wasn't clear - independent means NOT SIGNED TO A CONTRACT. That means not New Japan.

Archived