UKFF WWE Network FAQ

JNLister

Hi I've now signed up for the network, can use perfectly fine on android with the Hola app, I have a HTC M8, and also a Samsung Tab 3, both work great with Hola.

Have a question though, I've scrolled back and cant seem to find an answer although it has been spoken about.

I have a PS4, created an American account and got the WWE App on the American store.

I've then signed out and logged into my normal UK account and attempted to start the WWE app, and it said it is blocked. (as in the actual app, not the content within the app).

Has anyone else encountered that?

Do the DNS settings need to be changed first just to access the app? I've not yet attempted to mess with any DNS setting on the PS4, so I realise I may be going wrong with that, I just thought it was abit strange the actual app being blocked and not the content

Has anyone else encountered that?

Do the DNS settings need to be changed first just to access the app? I've not yet attempted to mess with any DNS setting on the PS4, so I realise I may be going wrong with that, I just thought it was abit strange the actual app being blocked and not the content

I never encountered the app itself being blocked. First time I used it on my PS4, I did change the DNS settings first, although there was definitely some faffing needed before it worked properly. But it never blocked the app, it just wouldn't play the content until I'd turned it off about three times and messed with something.

• Paid Members

Massive thank you for everyone's help

Im now watching Summerslam 2014 on the PS4

I am the most IT illiterate person going, and I managed to do it, so dont let IT issues alone put you off!

One thing to note - I can only get it to work through a wired connection, couldn't do it over wifi

Edited by waters44

Got it set up on Xbox One last night using Unblock US and changing my Xbox location to America.

Take it there's no potential issues with the Xbox being set as a different location?

I also set it up on Xbox One a few nights ago.

Using Unblock US I can watch the Network without changing my location to US. Just as long as the programming I wish to watch is no higher rating than PG. Anything over that rating (such as attitude era Raw episodes) was missing from my on demand library. I was also unable to watch the live stream if it happened to be showing content over PG.

The only way to fix this for me was by setting my location to US. Everything works for me fine when I do this.

It's very strange because I can watch US Netflix just fine with my location kept to UK.

Have you had this issue also?

Edited by Mattyc

• Paid Members

Not sure how well it works but remembered reading this solution from WWE for such an issue on XBox 360. Presume there's a similar option for Xbox One.

If you are experiencing this issue, please do the following:

1. Go to Xbox Settings.

2. Select Family.

3. Set the Content Controls to allow for TV-14 content.

4. Save the settings and restart the WWE app.

This should allow visibility to the missing content.

Edited by Benno

I did what Benno suggested a few days ago with no success, so I just presumed that the only way to get all content on the Xbox One version was by changing my location to US, but after posting on here last night I tried the Network out while keeping my location to UK and all the content was viewable. It's working fine today too. 

I probably forgot to restart my system after making the changes. 

Thanks for the replies guys! 

• Awards Moderator

The Hola VPN app seems to be able to access the network on Android most (but not all) of the time now without having to mess about with any settings.

Good to know John. I'll try that over the weekend.

A complete bust :-( Doesn't work for any of my Android devices (Note 3, S4, Nexus 7); they want to know my GPS location too (which I've tried spoofing before).

Decided to try out the Network for the remainder of Nov. I've changed the DNS settings and am using an account that thinks it's in the US on my PS3, and I've managed to get the app running, but whenever I try to load anything I just get a 'cannot play video at this time' message. I've deleted and redownloaded, restarted my system, rebooted the router, etc but am still getting the message.

Anybody have any ideas on how to get it working? I can watch stuff no problem on my laptop using Hola, but would rather use my PS3.

Bugger. Trying a load of different US DNS settings. Some bring up the Network, some don't at all but those that do still won't load content. Can't really afford to fork out for Unblock-Us at the moment, is anybody watching the network through a US DNS that they fancy sharing?

Its a couple of quid a month. If you can afford the network you can afford unblock us. Even if you find a working DNS you can be sure it will stop working before long.