UKFF WWE Network FAQ

JNLister

This more than likely isn't 100% correct and is more likely than not just a way to get customers of the phone about the matter but I work as a customer advisor for Sky (living the dream I know.) And the statement thats basically been put on our system if a customer is to ask about the network is 'We were not involved in this decision. This announcement was by WWE themselves. Should you have any enquiries or complaints regarding this, please contact WWE.'

Edited by Tb1158

• Awards Moderator

How do you get a US PSN account? If I mess about with this will it fuck up my sub to Playstation Plus on my UK account or anything?

No, just go on the US playstation website and sign up (use another email address obvs). Then on your PlayStation create a new user (extreme left menu). Sign into the US store with that new account. Anything you download is available to all users.

I've had one for years as they get different demos etc to us.

This more than likely isn't 100% correct and is more likely than not just a way to get customers of the phone about the matter but I work as a customer advisor for Sky (living the dream I know.) And the statement thats basically been put on our system if a customer is to ask about the network is 'We were not involved in this decision. This announcement was by WWE themselves. Should you have any enquiries or complaints regarding this, please contact WWE.'

Erm..so are SKY involved or not?

• Paid Members

No, it's just an extra user account on your Playstation, like if you had ones for different people in your home. (http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps3/current/users/newuser.html)

You just create it as normal but give a made-up US address. You can then download anything that's free from the US PSN store (including the WWE app) and it will be accessible on all the accounts on your Playstation.

(Incidentally, can we have a forum fight to determine who gets to keep the "Slapnut (s)" name? It's really dumb they have such similar names.)

Yes please. I've never been a fan of the name (no offence, Slapnuts), I just couldn't think of anything when I signed up. I'd donate a fiver but apparently only Moo can change names these days and in that case the UK will have the network before I get a name change.

Sounds like I win?

• Paid Members

Thanks all so the US PSN account looks easy to set up.

Ive just looked at Unblock US - it looks like you do everything through the PS4 - is that right? The reason ive been putting this off is because I thought I would have to mess around with my router, and it would effect other devices in my house that use the internet

Thanks all so the US PSN account looks easy to set up.

Ive just looked at Unblock US - it looks like you do everything through the PS4 - is that right? The reason ive been putting this off is because I thought I would have to mess around with my router, and it would effect other devices in my house that use the internet

No need to touch your router. It really is a piece of piss, just change a few numbers in your systems connection settings and that's pretty much it.

I don't even have my PC running and I am watching Survivor Series 88 on my PS3 as I type this.

• Paid Members

Well I set up the US PSN account all fine

I downloaded the Network app all fine

Then I followed the steps on Unblock US with the internet connection, it didnt work, and now the PS4 wont connect to the net at all.

Ive obviously fucked the whole thing up - thought this was supposed to be easy! Any ideas what ive done wrong?

I don't have a techy bone in my body so im not surprised by any of this to be honest!

Never used it on PS4 but you should be able to reset the connection easy enough.

1. Settings.

2. Netwok.

3. Set up internet connection.

Then just do what you would normally do when setting up a normal connection which should put you back to where you were before.

To setup Unblock US.

1. Settings.

2. Network.

3. Setup internet connection.

4. Custom.

5. Select connection method.

6. IP address should be automatic.

7. DHCP should be do not specify.

8. For DNS setting select manual and change to

Primary  208.122.23.23

Secondary  208.122.23.22

9. MTU should be set to auto.

10. Proxy should be set to do not use.

11. Test connection.

12. Restart console.

To make sure I just tested it on my PS4 for the first time (usually only use my PS3 for streaming) and it connected fine. 

Note: For some reason 9 and 10 are not listed on the setup section of the site, don't know why.

Edit: johnnyboy's explanation is the most likely issue.

Edited by The King Of Swing

• Paid Members

Thanks Both

I will have another look tomorrow

I triple checked the DNS numbers so I dont think its that

One thing reading your list, from memory at some point I had to choose between Wifi and LAN cable - is that your point 5?

EDIT I also switched off and on again and tried to connect to my existing wifi. It said cannot connect, signal may be too weak

Edited by waters44