Best things to watch on the network?

Jimmy Boy

• Paid Members

Great segment, as mentioned Sunny is absolutely class in that segment, thinking Terry Funk is going to die then and there. Flash Funk is also top draw, he very realistically just gets more and more riled that the Outlaws are still hanging about, post accident, and he kicks off pub style, it's great. Why didn't they do more with Scorp.

The only thing actually the lets it down is the announcers. JR is standard brilliant, but Michael Cole sounds woeful in this period and Kevin 'I thought I was fucking great but I really wasn't' Kelly just keeps dropping little inside references with no conviction. He mentions 'Wrestlers Court' at one point. Proper groan.

Edited by WWFChilli

• Paid Members

I watched that again fairly recently. It is a truly brilliant angle that I ate up at the time. The angle itself still holds up to repeat viewing but when I watched it again, I hated the bit at the end where they came back. At the time I remember popping huge for the comeback.

I've either got smarter or fucking miserable. Will let you judge!

• Paid Members

Thought the Jericho/Steph interview was alright. If it was a longer interview, it would have made for an interesting first half hour delving into Steph's history and character a bit more. As a standalone interview, it didn't reveal a right lot. Steph just doesn't come across all that genuine, even though she may be. Didn't feel like I'd wasted an hour of my life but glad I was multi-tasking at the time.

What I really mean is WHY DIDN'T THAT CUNT JERICHO ASK HER IF SHE SHAGGED RANDY SAVAGE?

• Paid Members

Yeah, not all that interesting in the end, mainly because I've heard almost all of the stories from the pair of them. One of the biggest issues with Jericho is he spends too long talking about himself and why something he did was good, rather than be a proper interviewer. It ruins the flow a bit.

• Paid Members

Watched Too Hot For TV and Cheap Pops today. One was good and one was bad.

THFTV was awful. A reminder that wrestlers can't act and wrestling writers can't write. I gather there are some out there that fondly reminisce about the Attitude Era - watch this and you won't, ever again.

Cheap Pops, on the other hand, was warm and funny. Foley's a great storyteller and it was engaging and entertaining, even when a little self-indulgent. I'd watch more of this stuff, from Foley or others that are doing this kind of thing (Ross, Regal etc), if they made it a semi-regular thing.

• Paid Members

I've just watched the Roman Reigns WWE24 Special. I love these so much. I wish they were longer but all the behind the scenes footage is fascinating. They should really do a feature length behind the scenes doc for Wrestlemania every year. They blatantly shoot everything under the sun anyway.

I thought Reigns came off like a great star on the rise in this. Got him over big time as a human being first then a wrestling star.

I caved and watched the Foley Cheap Pops thing yesterday. It was nowhere near as bad as I expected it to be, but I can't say Id recommend it either.

Obviously Foley is a great story teller, of that there is little doubt. However, when you know that he is performing to a crowd were all you have to do is drop a name and they'll cheer, calling the show Cheap Pops isn't even ironic.

Foley: "I got an email from......Stacey Keibler...."

Crowd: "WHOOO!"

They even cheered the In Your House logo on the stage screen for christs sake

Just watched the Roman Reigns 24 episode too. Fantastic piece and as previously said, Roman comes over really well as a person. You get the feeling that he is just an all-round nice guy. They address him getting booed at the Royal Rumble, but don't give the obvious reason as to why it happened, I.e crowd had convinced themselves that the returning Daniel Bryan was winning rather than the 'it's been obvious for months' guy.

Edited by WyattSheepMask

I found it impossible not to get behind Reigns after watching his WWE 24 episode. Seems a really great guy out of the ring. I wasn't as anti-Reigns as some people anyway, but I still wasn't convinced. I mean I'm not saying just because he's a really nice guy out of the ring that it makes him good in it, but it's going to be hard to root against him after seeing that he's a super genuine bloke. Hope he proves his doubters wrong and makes a very good career for himself.

Edited by sammorgz

I found it impossible not to get behind Reigns after watching his WWE 24 episode. Seems a really great guy out of the ring. I wasn't as anti-Reigns as some people anyway, but I still wasn't convinced. I mean I'm not saying just because he's a really nice guy out of the ring that it makes him good in it, but it's going to be hard to root against him after seeing that he's a super genuine bloke. Hope he proves his doubters wrong and makes a very good career for himself.

It'd be hard for him not to. He's had cracking matches the last three pay-per-views in a row, which I think were only his second, third and fourth singles PPV bouts. He's absolutely brilliant. Looking forward to seeing the documentary.