Best things to watch on the network?

Jimmy Boy

I was watching the 10 most epic Smackdown moments earlier, #3 was a UKFF favourite- Big Show's father's funeral. Christ alive, I forgot how hilarious it was. The old police car Boss Man pulls up in, with a ridiculous sized megaphone attached to the top, just killed me.

The original Wrestlecrap book describes it beautifully, it never fails to produce genuine snot and tears laughter on my part. In fact I'm going boot up the Network to watch it now - thanks PunkStep.

Boss Man's eulogy in the ring on RAW was amusing too - "SHUT UP AND LISTEN TO ME" :laugh:

Edited by Otto Dem Wanz

Didn't Silver Vision release one of the HOFs on DVD? I want to say it was the one from 2004 when Heenan went in

Yes, then every year after that it was part of the Mania DVD.  I'd imagine there are some collectors who are furious that the 2004 HOF isn't part of the Mania 20 DVD.

I was watching the 10 most epic Smackdown moments earlier, #3 was a UKFF favourite- Big Show's father's funeral. Christ alive, I forgot how hilarious it was. The old police car Boss Man pulls up in, with a ridiculous sized megaphone attached to the top, just killed me.

It's absolutely hilarious. One of the funniest things they've ever done. Boss Man's poem in the segment is a particular highlight.

• Paid Members

My best mate, who hasn't watched regularly for over a decade, STILL cracks up at "He lived a full life on his own terms, soon he'll buried and eaten by worms."

'With the deepest regrets, and tears that are soaked

I'm sorry to hear that your dad finally croaked

He lived a full life on his own terms

Soon he'll be buried and eaten by worms

But if I could have a son as stupid as you

I'd have wished for cancer so I would die too

So be brave, and be strong, get your life on track

'Cause the old bastard's DEAD and he ain't never comin' back!'

That's the poem in full. Mind blowing stuff.

EDIT: Attitude era Big Boss Man is absolutely amazing. What a terrific heel.

Edited by sammorgz

Please tell me Billy and Chuck's wedding was in that list (or even available to watch on the network). Epic moments. 

• Paid Members

Didn't Silver Vidion release one of the HOFs on DVD? I want to say it was the one from 2004 when Heenan went in

Yeah, just that one (from 2005 it was part of the Mania DVD), which was a great double DVD set with the full ceremony and a match for every inductee including the Alley Fight.

Of course it was, rightfully so. That's probably one of my favorite in-ring segments of all-time. Bisch puts in a performance worthy of five snowflakes.

Is that Smackdown on the network at all? Need to rewatch this in all its glory.

The segment is in the Smackdown 15 Year Anniversary section in full, but I don't think that episode is on there.

I don't understand. Wouldn't you just watch the event for those matches?

I know what you mean, but sometimes its good to just watch the odd match from a certain PPV and I think these programmes are a welcome addition. To me the biggest issue with the Network is the search option not being fit for purpose, the other day I sent what seemed like an eternity searching for The Undertaker vs CM Punk from Wrestlemania 29 and in the end give up!