UFC 170: Rousey vs McMann

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?  

24 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Anyone wondering about how good Cummins is, this was floating around on Twitter yesterday. It is a fight he had less than a year ago. Someone made a point that he got tagged by this local guy twice before he scored the takedown. The guy he beat is without a win in MMA.

I got Cormier all day long.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Haha, yeah my head says DC wins this. And I hope he does because I'm a fan. But the weight cut, late replacement, lack of Cain sparring etc, at least it makes it interesting.

Oh and McMann has been working hard on her armbar defence;

ibh16tHS3dlXDC.gif

Ronda's fucked!

Anyone wondering about how good Cummins is, this was floating around on Twitter yesterday. It is a fight he had less than a year ago. Someone made a point that he got tagged by this local guy twice before he scored the takedown. The guy he beat is without a win in MMA.

I got Cormier all day long.

Watching that he got tagged before he got that takedown. If it was DC hitting him like that I could see him just getting knocked silly and not recovering.

The fight I'm most excited for here is Whittaker vs. Thompson. Yeah, there's my home country bias, but I genuinely think their styles lend themselves to a crazy FOTN-type brawl. And "brawl" might be doing them a disservice, both men have impeccable, pretty, and diverse striking. I'm fairly sure both men were asked about using wrestling in the fight and they laughed and said "fuck that", or words to that effect.

If the ground game came into play, I'd still have Whittaker all day. Thompson has an extremely average ground game, while Whittaker has excellent TDD and several submission wins to his credit. Hell of a beard exhibited in the McGee fight too.

Get ready for fireworks! :D

• Paid Members

Yeah can't wait for Thompson vs Whittaker. They've both got kind of unusual striking styles and I reckon they'll match up really well. If it goes to the ground (which, yeah, probably isn't that likely) I wouldn't count Thompson out completely. He got beat up on the ground at times against Matt Brown but a) that's Matt Brown, he's hard as fuck and b) that fight was two years ago. No doubt he'll have improved a fair bit. It's not like Whittaker has some Demian Maia ground game. He does have really solid takedown defence though.

But yeah, most likely to be a standup clinic. I don't know how it'll go. I'd say Whittaker has the heavier hands but I think Wonderboy's kicks are more diverse and effective. I'm fancying Thompson to edge it close but you never know.

I'm really unsure on Assuncao vs Munhoz as well. Assuncao has the experience but I don't know, just got a feeling he's losing this one. Who fights Barao if Assuncao drops a bollock tonight? There's Dillashaw but he's 1-1 in his last two. Maybe one more try at Barao vs Cruz if he's finally healthy?

I am staying up for this one. I got

Rousey Sub

Cormier KO

Rory UD

Thompson UD

Pyle UD

This is Rousey's basement level fight (little hype and buzz), and should give us a fair indication of what she draws on her own merit. Atmosphere should be electric though, Rousey brings the big fight atmosphere. I just hope Rousey wins, the last thing the UFC needs is Rousey to lose tonight.

Pros picks for Rousey vs McCann on Sherdog were interesting, they went to a tie, with 10 picking Rousey and 10 picking McCann.

• Paid Members

For me, Herb Dean is having a major confidence crisis right now. I missed the Pyle fight, but heard Dean let off far too much damage? Then the main event, that was a terrible stoppage. Now, I'm not saying the knee to the liver wasn't brutal, or that Ronda wouldn't have gone on to not stop it, but christ, this is a title fight. Dean didn't remotely give Mcmann the chance. She was down yes, but was on the verge of standing back up.

Thought DC looked spectacular. He looked so much faster and whilst his opponent was an unknown, DC is a true threat to Jon Jones. For me, the most anticipated fight of the year.

Archived