The Health and Fitness Thread

ShortOrderCook

Thanks for the advice guys, hopefully I'll be maintain the same deal I'm on now with roughly the same price if I cut out the classes aspect which is currently included. I'll hopefully chuck some before/after pictures within a couple of months as a bit of motivation.

Any word back, Houchey?

Going for a bronchoscopy so they can take tissue samples from the thing in my lung.  I've had one before and I've out some foul shite up my hooter in the past but the anaesthetic for that is by far the worst.  The good thing is I drifted in and out of consciousness and saw some Francis Bacon type cartoon characters flying out of the surgery wall.

Don't seem to be coughing up much blood any more but can't walk to the shop without sounding like a Shimmer fan on the phone.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, got the all clear so that's great.  My airways being narrow is what's causing the grief.  Got to see how I am for a month before they decide the next course of action.  Surgery to widen my airway is likely, but better than a tumor!

And then I got a call from someone who saw my CV on Totaljobs and they've invited me in for an interview.  Nice.

Yeah it is, although the inner prick is thinking I lost a job over nothing.  I know that's not the case though as I was really fucking ill and could hardly move.  Them washing out my lungs and a course of antibiotics has helped. Now to get on the spice!

• Paid Members

That's great news Monkee. Happy to hear both you and Keith get the all clear on your ailments. 

My new running aim is to try and do a sub 1:30 half marathon at the Bath Half next year. I seem to have got a lot quicker recently and have upped my training run to about 8 miles per time. Managed to do about 10.8 miles in about 1:15 the other day and wasn't totally dead, so with 11 months training I think I can do it. 

Well my mom has been to have her annual check for breast cancer as she had a scare years a go and she now has a shadow in her breast, she has to have another managram and further tests, she can't catch a break lately with my grandad been given weeks to live, I wish someone would find a cure for cancer as so many people are dying from it, I know there aint many women here but can any women or people who know women please get tested annually, it could save lives.