WWE's missed chances...

TheShowOff

20130628_LIGHT_LexExpress_C.jpg

My pick would be Lex Luger in 1993. After shoving Lex Luger down everybody's throats as a red, white and blue hero out of nowhere, they did an excellent job of building him for Summerslam, at great cost and with much time and effort. Then they went ahead and had him win via count out: failing in his mission to get the gold. He let impressionable fans down and the air went out of the Luger balloon. He never recovered and his potential in the WWE bottomed out.

What comes to your mind?

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Scott Steiner. Listen to the reaction he gets at Survivor Series 2002. Instead of having him come out and fuck guys up they put him in a high profile series of matches with an over-roided Triple H who wasn't exactly in the prime of his career. Steiner's bad foot didn't help their cause but WWE putting him in 20 minute long slugfests with Triple H really was a huge fuck up on their part. I mean he didn't even get on the card at Mania XIX. A few months later he was in a comedy team with Test and Stacy Keibler and by the end of the year he was released. Really bad on WWE's part.

Scott Steiner. Listen to the reaction he gets at Survivor Series 2002. Instead of having him come out and fuck guys up they put him in a high profile series of matches with an over-roided Triple H who wasn't exactly in the prime of his career. Steiner's bad foot didn't help their cause but WWE putting him in 20 minute long slugfests with Triple H really was a huge fuck up on their part. I mean he didn't even get on the card at Mania XIX. A few months later he was in a comedy team with Test and Stacy Keibler and by the end of the year he was released. Really bad on WWE's part.

While i disagree they fucked up Bryans push, i mean he's over in a huge way now and i don't see him slipping anytime soon, my pick here would have to be A-Ry. Sure he's not the greatest talent in the world, but there was a point when he split from Miz where he was over HUGE and they did nothing with it. It's not always ability that is needed, sometimes it's just a connection with the fans, and at that point A-Ry had it. He could have been much more than he became for sure, not saying he would be the next megastar of WWE though lol.

For me, Goldberg in WWE. If they gave him a similar sort of pust to what they gave Brock Lesnar when he debuted, he'd have been massive. Instead he got the same debut as Steiner, long matches which involved to much selling. Goldberg got over in WCW because of his look, explosive power moves and his intreaguing personality.

• Paid Members

Vader.

A legit top tier monster from his days at WCW. Turns up at start of 1996 and it's all a bit half arsed. I don't know if its totally WWF fault because who knows how interested Vader was at this point. Maybe he wasn't a right fit from the off.

RVD in 2001 for me.If the trigger had have been pulled on him by beating Angle or Austin for the WWF title or Rock for the WCW title he would have been absolutely massive for years to come.Instead after the invasion finished he was demoted back to the mid card and never reached those heights again,even when he bet Cena for the title 5 years later at ONS.

• Paid Members
Vader.

A legit top tier monster from his days at WCW. Turns up at start of 1996 and it's all a bit half arsed. I don't know if its totally WWF fault because who knows how interested Vader was at this point. Maybe he wasn't a right fit from the off.

This vader was money back then

• Paid Members

Ryback is the most recent example I can think of. What they did to him, I don't know. One minute he looks to be the next huge babyface of the company, next thing you know he's losing to everyone who tries their luck.

Ryback is the most recent example I can think of. What they did to him, I don't know.

They had him fall on his face at the first hurdle, that's what. He was fucked from the moment he lost that Hell In A Cell match.

No he wasn't. Had the Sheild broke into the Cell and fucked him over he would have not only been protected but also had something to focus on going forward. Had he dropped out of the title chase to focus on destroying them he would have been rehabilitated. He could have been booked better at the Rumble too. He was still strong after Hell in a Cell and could have been saved many times. The baffling loss to Henry at Mania was the nail in his coffin. After that it was clear WWE wanted him on a downward spiral

• Paid Members
For me, Goldberg in WWE. If they gave him a similar sort of pust to what they gave Brock Lesnar when he debuted, he'd have been massive. Instead he got the same debut as Steiner, long matches which involved to much selling. Goldberg got over in WCW because of his look, explosive power moves and his intreaguing personality.

Purely from a viewer stand point, this is the one I felt the most burnt by, to the point of not watching for years. It's not like WCW handled Goldberg perfectly all the time, but the WWE version of him was garbage; like getting a titty fuck from Keira Knightley while her onlooking boyfriend laughs at your shit cock and throws you out before you finished.

I remember the buzz when that video aired during Wrestlemania, even the Spear he gave The Rock on Raw had everybody excited (of course, by everybody I mean me), but come Backlash Goldberg didn't seem nearly as special. We then got months of bollocks and indifference, then that amazing Elimination Chamber performance happened which ended with Goldberg looking like a prat again, which was the point I realised wrestling maybe wasn't for me anymore.

They did ok, mind, but Nexus losing their first proper match was a head scratcher. The Cena/Nexus stuff in the Winter is some of the best TV WWE will ever do, but I wonder how big and better things would have been if Nexus didn't look like idiots during Summer Slam and for a few weeks after it. They were such a force pre-Summer Slam, that big Nexus v Team Cena face off with the camera shaking made it seem like demigods were going at it.

Archived