WWE's missed chances...

TheShowOff

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
If I remember, Test's big boot got a good reaction once. One time. He lucked into it a bit as I'm sure he wasn't using it as a finisher up to that point - think he had the pumphandle (groan) slam before that.

Nope, he was using the falling gutwrench powerbomb that Swagger now uses.

If I remember, Test's big boot got a good reaction once. One time. He lucked into it a bit as I'm sure he wasn't using it as a finisher up to that point - think he had the pumphandle (groan) slam before that.

Nah he definitely used the pumphandle slam as his primary finisher for the majority of his pre-Big Boot stint. I don't recall him actually winning many matches with it though.

• Paid Members

Ahh. That's right. Did he ever use the pumphandle, or is my memory going?

Think I did see him use it as a finish a couple of times, during the period when he was floating around the lower card not doing anything.

• Paid Members

I thought Test was the man back in 1999. He was over, too. To suggest people only liked him for his big boot is plain wrong. Fans were hot for him around the time of his relationship with Stephanie and subsequent feud with Triple H. It seemed like he was within touching distance of becoming a main event player in late 1999, but unfortunately for him the roster was just packed with hot acts at that time and it only got bigger and better in 2000. In another time he could have been a much more important figure.

• Paid Members

Test in '99 basically used a load of ridiculous finishers as his normal moves. He had the pumphandle into a powerslam, top rope elbow drop, gut-wrench powerbomb, sit-out Chokeslam, sitout Gorilla Press Slam, the big boot...fucking ridiculous really. But I loved Test at the time. I was always frustrated that they didn't do more with him after the Stephanie angle. However in hindsight it's hard to see what he could have done.

He definitely used the pumphandle as a false finish finisher when he was teaming with Albert and Trish.

The immunity gimmick he had around the end of the Alliance was decent enough,if there wasn't so many big names about at the time they could have made a lot more out of it.

Was he the one who refused to cut his hair during the Un-Americans that ended up getting the whole group canned?

Archived