WWE Battleground

Up Chuck

• Paid Members

WWE_Battleground_2013_poster.jpg

So, this is happening. FEATURING:

ortonvsbryan.jpg

The build's been hit and miss but the overall storyline's still getting reactions, and when was the last time Daniel Bryan had a bad match? Plus there's at least some intrigue around exactly what kind of screwjob finish they're gonna do.

rvdvsdelrio.jpg

Hardcore rules. RVD win? Probably. Might be kind of fun, and it'll hopefully round off what's been a bit of a nothing feud.

punkvsryback.jpg

I'll tell you what, while the build's been plenty of fun, I don't really care if Punk wins. Surely this blows off Punk/Heyman, anyway? What else can they really do with it?

bellavsaj.jpg

Brie takes this and it's shown in the finale of Total Divas series 2. Or not. Can't see this playing into the main storyline, even though the potential's there.

dolphvssandow.jpg

Bet this won't go as long as it would on Raw.

3mantag.jpg

Match of the night potential. I just know I'm gonna end up going mental at this one. The Shield have all that initial aura back and the Rhodes boys are just perfect sympathy babyfaces. I just wish Dusty was actually working this one. But Survivor Series isn't far away. I can dream.

trushvsaxel.jpg

Meh.

20131003_LIGHT_battleground_Kofi_Wyatt_HOMEPAGE.jpg

No idea when this was made. Might be alright.

Looks like we're looking at a 2-match card, then. Predictions? Complaints? Surprise that it's happening tomorrow? Go nuts.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Am looking forward to Rhodes vs. Shield and also to see what happens in or after the main event with Bryan... not too fussed on watching them actually wrestle again.

Zero interest in anything else except the Punk match. Should at least be fun with Heyman about.

But, yeah, real bored by the rest of the card just looking at it.

• Awards Moderator

Good thread content Chuckie, you beat me to it!

Yeah, 2 match card but should be a solid two matches. Surely Orton's due a return victory? Or a messy no-contest leading to a Deadly Game Survivor Series (they are rerunning the entire Corporation angle after all)?

Rhodes v Shields should provide plenty of entertainment, Huckleberry.

The Rhodes' vs. The Shield is holding this card together. It's been something of a revelation so far, this storyline. It's easily the only part of the main story that I care about, and it involves Cody Rhodes! A few months ago he was one of my least favourite wrestlers.

Apart from that it looks fucking dreadful. How did R-Truth end up getting an Intercontinental Title shot? Kofi vs. Wyatt sounds rubbish as well. Even the main event, good as it'll probably turn out to be, seems as dull as dishwater at the moment. Punk vs. Ryback will probably be good, but the Heyman feud ran out of steam a while ago.

Not the most exciting card. Bryan vs Orton has been done to death this year, and as fun as the story is on TV, it isn't making me want to see them wrestle each other. The Shield vs Cody and Goldust seems like the result's too obvious, and they're not interesting enough to overcome that for me. R-Truth vs Curtis Axel on PPV is a disgrace. AJ's terrible, Brie's not much better. Van Dam vs Del Rio and Punk vs Ryback are utter water-treading. Ziggler vs Sandow means nothing. I'm more interested in Kofi vs Bray Wyatt than anything else.

• Awards Moderator
Ryback is a real div. He's said in multiple interviews that the only reason people chant "Goldberg" at him is because WWE.com had an article once that mentioned them both.

:laugh: Of course, that's why. Superb logic. Was there also an article on WWE.com that said John Cena couldn't wrestle?

• Paid Members

Has it been mentioned that this is on Sky Sports 3, having originally been advertised as another Box Office PPV?

I'm expecting more than one screwjob with Hell in a Cell three weeks away, but I hope there's at least one popular victory after Night of Champions had almost all bad guy victories.

I feel bad for Ryback.

He's been inserted into this feud at a time when, it seems, they just need someone of some name value to do the job for Punk. Brock ain't coming back right now, and who gives a shit if Punk pins Axel?

It's a shame, because I think Ryback is super talented. It's a credit to him that, I still think, after all he's been through he's still a 'name' and could probably push further up the card with some protecting.

• Paid Members

I honestly think the only reason Ryback is getting pushed again, is because Goldberg is going to murder him in about 3 minutes at WrestleMania. Its the perfect WrestleMania match. Its got an old star vs a rip off and it will last as long as a comedy skit. Ryback's a funny fucker, but I dont think he's got a shred of value left him in. There's a chance he could beat Punk tonight, but it says a lot when nobody on planet earth thinks he will.

• Paid Members
I honestly think the only reason Ryback is getting pushed again, is because Goldberg is going to murder him in about 3 minutes at WrestleMania. Its the perfect WrestleMania match. Its got an old star vs a rip off and it will last as long as a comedy skit. Ryback's a funny fucker, but I dont think he's got a shred of value left him in. There's a chance he could beat Punk tonight, but it says a lot when nobody on planet earth thinks he will.

Id pay to see that.

As for this PPV? no i wont be paying i will just pick up the results tomorrow and catch RAW.

Archived