WWE Battleground

Up Chuck

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quite.

The inclusion of Truth/Axel and Bray/Kofi is a proper disgrace. Such half arsed, 'plucking shit out of the air, blind' booking. They look out of place, like when complete no marks used to be placed in high profile matches at PPV's on the old video games. Like 'oh, Headbanger Mosh vs Crash Holly in a tables match at Wrestlemania, really?'.

I'll just watch Ryback/Punk and Orton/Bryan I think.

I'm only really feeling Cody & Goldust vs. The Shield. It's the only match I see with any real storyline development week on week. Nothing else on the show has that sort of feel. The amount of character's this storyline has established in between has been amazing. Cody's now a proper babyface (if the Sandow feud didn't do it for him already), Goldust has returned, as had Dusty and both are now sympathic babyfaces. It has helped established that Triple H & Stephanie are proper nasty bastards and has also showcased The Shield and Big Show's storyline.

It's been awesome.

In fact, the whole uber-storyline is pretty cool - I'm still interested in where Big Show is headed.

It's just a shame they've taken Bryan/Orton out of it. It seems like they've stayed away and done their own thing and are no being shoehorned back together. I'm not feeling it. If they only had 2 weeks to promote the show, they should have ran the tournament then. It's an easy way to get all your main guys on the show without making matches for no reason at the last minute. Plus every match would matter, so people would give a shit about Wyatt vs. Kingston.

Let's just hope Hell in a Cell is some big mega match. The Shield in Hell in the Cell has so much potential.

• Paid Members
Let's just hope Hell in a Cell is some big mega match. The Shield in Hell in the Cell has so much potential.

That's gotta be the way to go. It must be Shield vs. Cody, Goldust & AN Other.

I would love that other to be Dusty, but I think he's just too physically fucked to do anything - even to the point of bump early, lay around for a bit (bleeding if possible, but highly unlikely), then throw some punches and a Bionic Elbow before bumping again & laying around to the end. HIAC is in Miami this year, and a Florida crowd would likely go MENTAL for that. It would make sense, too - The Authority would deliberately be putting Dusty in the match to be a weak link, so you wouldn't have to look for excuses as to why he couldn't do anything.

In lieu of that, Shield vs Rhodes Boys & Bryan would be awesome. Assuming the put the belt on Orton, and a decent challenger can be found (Big Show or Punk, I guess?)

Anyway, on the subject of tonight - I may stay up for this, as I'm off work tomorrow as it's my birthday. Probably end up being a Sky+ job to watch tomorrow, though.

I have mixed feelings about this. I haven't watched Raw or Smackdown since Summerslam, mainly just watching Superstars and catching the recaps they show. My enthusiasm for WWE is really low at the moment and I thought this was on Box Office, so I was going to give it a miss because there was no way in hell I was paying for this.

But now that it's on Sky Sports, I'm quite excited about some of it. Punk/Ryback will be good because short of him doing a Benoit, I'll always love Ryback it seems. Del Rio/RVD is odd. I absolutely abhor seeing RVD wrestle these days, but the only time I enjoy seeing him is in these ECW-tribute hardcore brawls. They're never brilliant, but I still enjoy them more than Van Dam's usual. Bryan/Orton needs some shenanigans. I'm sick of everybody putting on "really good" matches. Technically, they're brilliant but I see that sort of thing every week on TV that I'm burned out on the whole 15 minute finisher-reversal-and-near-fall festivals that big WWE matches seem to always be these days. Give me run-ins, screwy finishes or something... ANYTHING to keep me interested because I just don't want another match that's great, but not great enough for you to remember what happened beyond the result the week afterwards. Nonetheless, Rhodes vs. Shield should be interesting. I'm going to be an optimist and say it cannoy be worse than Night of Champions, because everything up to the Punk match was utter fucking death and the most boring section I've seen since the infamous bottomless pit of despair that was the matches they seemingly picked out of a hat on the night to put between match 1 and the main event at D2D. I don't see how this could be any worse than that...

They've just added another match to the main card. The Real Americans vs Santino and Khali...ughhhh

Awww, shit.

I agree with most of what's said above - I REALLY want to see an Attitude Era Main Event with all the stooges coming out, getting put through the announcer's table, multiple referee's bumps, getting hit with the belt and then a chair shot and a stunner to end it.

Essentially, I want them to redo Stone Cold vs. Dude Love. There was something amazing about Undertaker using repeatedly chokeslamming people through the announcer's table.

The Santino and Khali match is the second most interesting match on the show for me now. Santino's always great, and Cesaro might do the big swing on Khali. Or he might go to do it and then say "nah, can't be arsed" which could be the first thing he ever does that gets him over as a heel.

There is no need for 2 ppvs in October.

There is. For some reason, the gap between WrestleMania and Extreme Rules was about a decade (and they didn't use that time to do a decent build-up for anything either) so to fit twelve PPVs into the year, they had to do two in one month at some point.

I'm sick of everybody putting on "really good" matches. Technically, they're brilliant but I see that sort of thing every week on TV that I'm burned out on the whole 15 minute finisher-reversal-and-near-fall festivals that big WWE matches seem to always be these days. Give me run-ins, screwy finishes or something... ANYTHING to keep me interested because I just don't want another match that's great, but not great enough for you to remember what happened beyond the result the week afterwards.

That sums up the main problem with modern WWE. In many cases, it's hard to even remember the result the next week. Dolph Ziggler vs Del Rio might be technically better (and it clocks more time on the mighty stopwatch) than a two-minute Godfather vs Gangrel match would have, but it gets nowhere near the reaction or excitement level.

I'm not too fussed to be honest - I'm excited by the prospect of The Shield v The Rhodes Clan, but not much else. They can't possibly screw Bryan again without making it seem old hat - the problem of having too many PPVs too close together. How do you keep it going without same old, same old, over and over again?

Punk and Ryback I can get behind, and I'd like to see Punk go over purely to lead up to a rematch against Lesnar, where Punk goes over the rest of Heyman's crew and uses the tactics he uses to defeat Ryback to take down Lesnar - at least that would create a credible storyline.

The rest? Meh. Still can't warm to Del Rio, just find him utterly boring, and RVD is past his best now.

The Divas match is basically a cross promo for Total Divas. I hope Brie Bella goes over - I can't stand AJ.

Ziggler's gone from US Champion to pre show in around a year? But then again, his best asset is his bumping and that's never going to sell tickets is it?

Bray Wyatt v Kofi Kingston??? Where did that spring from??

Anyway, never mind - I'll probably just watch Raw tomorrow and catch up, unless Big Show smacks Triple H in the gob, then I'll go back and watch it.

Archived