The NBA Discussion Thread

Art Vandelay

In terms of the league being of a high standard, it's been a disastrous start to the season for league officials and David Stern's last few months. A lot of poor teams are picking up wins early and the two New York teams are rotting. I still expect a lot of that to change. What is hurting the league more is top players going down with injuries. I'm an advocate for a shorter season, well lighter schedule with 50 odd games spread from Nov-Apr being more than enough. It's killing some of the players out there. You only have to look to see that two of the top 5 point guards in the league are both out injured. (Rose and Rondo) as well as Kobe and Westbrook is easing his way back. It seems some of the franchises are starting to understand it, they're giving stars the rest they need. From a spectators point of view it's no-win.

Anyway, most people Stateside are going with the Pacers or Spurs at this stage. It's still too early to tell but my prediction of the Bulls winning the East has gone right out of the window. I doubt he'll ever be the same again this time. Such a shame. People are probably sleeping on the Thunder too, a lot of people got them down as 3rd or 4th seed. I think they'll top the West.

How much time do you reckon the NY teams have to turn it around? I can see Melo signing with the Lakers to play with Kobe next year. It'd suck to see him leave New York, but I really do think he's LA-bound, no matter what he says.

Oh and from last night - Paul George's SICK windmill dunk:

A thing of beauty.

HUGE NEWS! BT SPORT & NBA AGREE TO MULTI-YEAR MEGA DEAL!

nbauktv.jpg

- 7 live games per week

- All Sunday primetime games (6 / 8.30pm UK time double headers)

- All Star Weekend

- Playoffs

- Finals

- NBA Tonight, pre-game countdown shows and loads of weekly NBA magazine shows.

Starts this Sunday with Pacers vs. Clippers at 8.30pm on BT Sport 2!

INFO: http://sport.bt.com/watchnow/programmes/bt...S11363853884297

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Edited by Art Vandelay

The BT deal is great news, it will help the game grow over here. There's also rumours going about which have not been denied yet by NBA UK that Channel 4 or 5 are getting a weekly highlights package. It's also great news. I can't go back now I've got League Pass Premium but 5 games on Xmas day is even better than the 4 we've usually had from ESPN. Plus we get all the half-time shows and pre-match build up on TV. The League Pass is amazing but this is one thing that is lacking. Staring at a blank screen at half time is no good when you're trying to stay awake before having to get up for work in the morning!

Last night's schedule was great fun. The Thunder turning over the Spurs was a huge result. I'd still back the Thunder in a series too. Just like in 2012 when youth prevailed. Westbrook had a HORRIBLE night from the field though :laugh:

Melo has admitted the Knicks are in a crisis. They had a players only meeting last night. I'd imagine Woodson will be gone this weekend.

8 wins on the bounce for the Heat

We seem to have been forgotten about but are quietly for a 2 time defending champion anyway having a great start to the year, 12-3 and just 2 games behind the Pacers

Lebron is on MVP form and so far I'd have little complaints about anything on the team, Beasley is coming of the bench and contributing, Wade is playing well and has been rested a few times which is crucial for him, everyone is chipping in and doing there roles

For us the important thing is getting into the postseason healthy, Be nice to be #1 seed and have home court but I think we've shown we can win on the road enough over the years to not be to concerned about being #2.

How bad is the Atlantic division right now, what a horror show.

Schedule for the week ahead looks like this so far:

Sun 2pm: NBA Tonight (ESPN)

Sun 8pm: NBA Action (BT SPORT 2)

Sun 8:30pm: Indiana Pacers vs. LA Clippers (BT SPORT 2)

Mon 5pm: NBA Inside Stuff (BT SPORT 2)

Tue 5pm: NBA Tonight (ESPN)

Tue 12am: Detroit Pistons vs. Miami Heat (BT SPORT 1)

Thurs 5pm: NBA Action (BT SPORT 2)

Thurs 12am: New York Knicks vs. Brooklyn Nets / Miami Heat vs. Chicago Bulls TNT double header (BT SPORT 1)

Looking good! That double header is going to be fantastic. NBA Tonight seems to be on most days too. This is easily the best TV deal we've had in the UK for NBA. For those wondering, there's no league pass blackouts in the uk either.

Edited by Art Vandelay

Yeah it will be the American feed. Kevin Cadle was absolutely dreadful, clearly knew little to nothing about the sport and the 'pundits' were even worse.

Westbrook's game winner was incredible, I finished installing 2K14 on my PS4 in the early hours of the morning and ended up watching the game live. 2 great results in a row now for the Thunder. Minnesota seem to have fallen off a bit in the past 2 weeks after a bright start.

Yeah it will be the American feed. Kevin Cadle was absolutely dreadful, clearly knew little to nothing about the sport and the 'pundits' were even worse.

Westbrook's game winner was incredible, I finished installing 2K14 on my PS4 in the early hours of the morning and ended up watching the game live. 2 great results in a row now for the Thunder. Minnesota seem to have fallen off a bit in the past 2 weeks after a bright start.

T-Wolves are still a team not to be taken lightly. I wouldn't be shocked to see them make the playoffs, even if the have been lacking a bit.

The whole New York situation is just awful. I was super-hyped about the battle of the boroughs prior to the season and now I'm just glad that on Thursday, ONE of the NY teams are at least guaranteed a win! I really hope both turn it around, it'd be a disaster for them not to make the playoffs.

I'm also praying to the basketball gods for a Warriors/Thunder playoff series. It has to happen.

What are your thoughts on 2K14? I'm absolutely loving it so far. Got my PS4 hooked up to the 5.1 surround sound via HDMI and the crowds, atmosphere etc is insane. Played as the Clips against the Bulls at Staples center earlier and won it 79-76 in OT. Derrick Rose hit a 3 to tie the game at the end of the 4th and the crowd were going MENTAL in OT, especially anytime the Bulls shot a free throw.

Will need to get a game online soon!

Kev is decent on SKY NFL to be fair, I do recall they drafted in Nick Halling last year for a bit.

I was hoping SKY would get the rights as I do not have BT Sport.

I don't doubt Cadle knows his NFL stuff. It was more of a go at Sky for being lazy and thinking 'he's American, he'll do as a host for basketball'. He actually ruined my enjoyment of the presentation, he made so many factual errors and repeatedly called players by the wrong name that it became a joke. They should have just kept the American feed for the half time show. Sky's a bit of grim place to be right now, they seem to be losing rights and exclusivity on a lot of deals right now.

Art, my gamertag is bumclasshero. We will have to have a few games soon, I'm just starting my career, looks amazing so far, I went number 5 in the draft to the Suns, as a PG. I haven't played a pro game yet but I did get drafted before the rival Jackson Ellis!