The NBA Discussion Thread

Art Vandelay

Very concerned for my Celtics this season, new coach new players, thought we'd struggle but no win against the Raptors or the Bucks, concerning to say the least.

Pretty sure the Celtics are in full on tank mode. They're looking to rebuild, so I wouldn't expect much from them this season.

Anyone see Bulls/76ers last night? What a game, Philly moves to 3-0 this season. Carter-Williams coming up big again; those final few minutes were intense!

Heat and Wizards tip off in just over an hour, Looking forward to watching this one

Whilst I'm not the slightest bit concerned over our record and sluggish last 2 games where we havn't got out the blocks and have had to play catch up all game it would be nice to put a decent all round game as we did last Tuesday in the opener just to get back in the groove somewhat.

Been an interesting few weeks, I don't think anyone saw the 76ers starting 3-0 after seeing there first few fixtures, this sums up the reaction of most : )

k4wm7u.jpg

Russell Westbrook returns tonight for OKC when they play their home opener against the Suns. Glad to see him back!

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/t...a-city/3420837/

Some mighty fine games to look forward to this week:

Warriors @ 76ers tomorrow

Rockets @ Clippers tomorrow

Bulls @ Pacers on Wednesday

Clippers @ Heat on Thursday

Lakers @ Rockets on Thursday

Warriors @ Spurs on Friday

Pacers @ Nets on Saturday

76ers @ Cavs on Saturday

Clippers @ Rockets on Saturday

Spurs @ Knicks on Sunday (5pm tip off, UK time!)

Bit random but does anyone know of a way to record/get ahold of radio commentary from games? Would love to take them on the go with me on commute to work etc next morning? Can't seem to set tune in radio app too. Any other ways please inform me!

Bit random but does anyone know of a way to record/get ahold of radio commentary from games? Would love to take them on the go with me on commute to work etc next morning? Can't seem to set tune in radio app too. Any other ways please inform me!

Sorry, can't help with that, but if anyone wants to watch games, if you get a Bet365 account, you can actually watch games on their website. Not sure if they do games every day, but I watched a little bit of a Houston Rockets game on Saturday night on there

League Pass on Apple TV is absolutely tremendous. I dunno if anyone else has noticed, but we get the NBA on TNT shows on NBA TV HD now via League Pass.

Looking forward to Clippers/Rockets and Warriors/76ers tonight. Looking forward to Carter-Williams & Steph Curry battling on the court! :)

Anyone catch Clippers/Rockets or GSW/76ers last night?

After an iffy opening agains the Lakers last week, the Clippers have looked awesome ever since. Chris Paul has been on fire in every game, Griffin and Jordan are showing a ton of improvement too.

Check out some of Chris Paul in last night's Rockets game:

And the top 5 plays from last night, including an INSANE pass from Iggy in the 76ers game at number 1:

Hoping that my Knicks get back on track tonight with a win over the Bobcats. JR Smith is back too, which should be fun! Bulls/Pacers tomorrow and then a double bill of Clippers/Heat & Lakers/Rockets on Thursday too!

Just so this doesn't get bumped....

NBA Live 14 is to have full ESPN broadcast presentation, commentary from Mike Breen & Jeff Van Gundy as well as pre/post/half time studio shows with Jalen Rose. From what I've read, the presentation is flawless. The game apparently updates to include challenges based on what is happening in the current season - commentary will update, as well as the half time shows, player looks etc etc.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1841463...r-ryan-ferwerda

Knicks fall to Bobcats and look dreadful so far too. Tyson Chandler also out for up to 6 weeks with a knee injury.

Indiana Pacers move to 5-0 and are the only unbeaten team in the league. They have looked tremendous so far. I'm banking on a Pacers/Heat Eastern Conference Final for sure.

Clippers @ Heat / Lakers @ Rockets tonight. Should be great!

Apparently, the NBA are very close to a UK TV deal too: http://www.sportcal.com/News/news_free_art...80&pageno=1

• Paid Members

if the fact that Chiklis being The Thing is putting you off watching The Shield, drop all that and get involved. Michael Chiklis is and will always be Vic Macky.

A similar situation happens with David Duchovny, i know people who wont give Californication a chance because 'hes that guy off the X Files', shame on them.

Edited by Ebb

if the fact that Chiklis being The Thing is putting you off watching The Shield, drop all that and get involved. Michael Chiklis is and will always be Vic Macky.

A similar situation happens with David Duchovny, i know people who wont give Californication a chance because 'hes that guy off the X Files', shame on them.

This doesn't change the fact that Miami Heat are gonna three-peat though, however unrelated to NBA it is

This doesn't change the fact that Miami Heat are gonna three-peat though, however unrelated to NBA it is

:laugh:

I've been listening to ESPN NY on Itunes and the topic of some of the Knicks phone-in shows seems to be that they want Phil Jackson in ASAP. I can't see it personally, he said he's done coaching but I reckon Melo and Amar'e would flourish in a triangle offense set up. Whether Chandler could up his offensive game when he gets back, might be another sticking point.

I ended up getting League Pass Premium and an Apple TV set up for my room, as Art says it's perfect. The only problem I have with it is that the sound quality dips quite often, and you get the same 4 adverts every 10 mins!

Great season so far, I've been impressed the most with the Warriors and Wolves so far. I'm sticking with my prediction of Mini reaching the play-offs, particularly if Rubio and Love stay healthy.

I've not had any issues with the sound on league pass but I agree that the ads are annoying. NBA Green and the Melo 'Playing in NY' ones are on all the time. I'm glad that we get TNT Inside the NBA and The Starters live though. I just wish that they'd give us the pre/post/halftime content too rather than the game break screen.

Oh, to counter EA's announcement that Live 14 would feature full ESPN broadcast presentation by Van Gundy, Breen & Jalen, 2K came back with this....

WOW.

On to the games, I think the T-Wolves will be very dangerous this season. Could easily see them now grabbing the 5th or 6th seed, health permitting.

Indiana are looking phenomenal so far. They've got the Nets tonight in Brooklyn and if they win it'll be 7-0. Tough test for them and it should be a great game too.

Remember that Knicks vs Spurs tomorrow is live at 5pm UK time. Nice change for us!

The Pacers are looking fantastic. They look hungry and ready to go one round further than last season. I think the Thunder are looking nice again. My main concern is lack of outside shooting off the bench but KD and Westbrook will play virtually all 48 once we hit the crucial parts of the season. Steven Adams is proving to be a nice surprise, he was grabbing boards for fun last night in the win against the Pistons last night. He also showed a nice shooting touch. It would be nice to get him consistent minutes, the less we see of Kendrick Perkins the better, he's been a liability on the offense and I don't think he fits the run and gun style of play the Thunder use. The defense hasn't been amazing so far though, but with Westbrook easing his way back I expect that to change.