The NBA Discussion Thread

Art Vandelay

The Pacers are looking fantastic. They look hungry and ready to go one round further than last season. I think the Thunder are looking nice again. My main concern is lack of outside shooting off the bench but KD and Westbrook will play virtually all 48 once we hit the crucial parts of the season. Steven Adams is proving to be a nice surprise, he was grabbing boards for fun last night in the win against the Pistons last night. He also showed a nice shooting touch. It would be nice to get him consistent minutes, the less we see of Kendrick Perkins the better, he's been a liability on the offense and I don't think he fits the run and gun style of play the Thunder use. The defense hasn't been amazing so far though, but with Westbrook easing his way back I expect that to change.

Surely Adams should be starting for OKC?

Predictions for Nets/Pacers tonight?

Yeah he should, but give it time and I'd imagine Brooks will end up going with him. Perkins will probably end up being traded before the deadline. I think he came out recently and said he was holding the team back, so I would imagine his time is coming to a close at the club.

Nets/Pacers is an odd one. You can never guarantee a win in the NBA, the regular season is so unpredictable, but as I alluded to in the season predictions, I don't see this Nets team gelling very well. Pierce and Garnett don't look like they want to be there, Kidd is in his first year coaching, Deron Williams doesn't look the same player he was under Jerry Sloan in Utah.... So the Nets will probably win!

Woodson has to be done after that performance tonight. I'd go with Jeff Van Gundy. He knows the organisation inside out and the fans love him. Woodson has lost the team, he did a great job when he came in but they've been so poor so far.

Agreed. It was embarrassing to watch as a Knicks fan and just a basketball fan in general. I wouldn't be shocked now if they don't even make the playoffs this year. So many things on the team need to change and the ball movement so far this season has been non-existent, largely in part due to Jason Kidd leaving I'm sure.

Just really, really dreadful.

Yeah I went a bit mental when he hit that. Not that there was any doubt, he's so cold blooded!

It's D Rose vs Kyrie tonight. Should be a lot of fun, not sure if I'll watch it yet live, definitely catch up tomorrow after work though.

Art, is there a highlight show daily on NBA TV? I must admit, I am really missing ESPN's NBA Tonight, not only were the pundits fantastic, it was a great way of keeping up with other teams plays and results. Although I check daily, I must confess to only really watching play off contenders when it comes to live games. NBA Tonight was a great half hour show which gave highlights of all teams. I just don't have time to watch every game, as much as I want to!

Yeah I went a bit mental when he hit that. Not that there was any doubt, he's so cold blooded!

It's D Rose vs Kyrie tonight. Should be a lot of fun, not sure if I'll watch it yet live, definitely catch up tomorrow after work though.

Art, is there a highlight show daily on NBA TV? I must admit, I am really missing ESPN's NBA Tonight, not only were the pundits fantastic, it was a great way of keeping up with other teams plays and results. Although I check daily, I must confess to only really watching play off contenders when it comes to live games. NBA Tonight was a great half hour show which gave highlights of all teams. I just don't have time to watch every game, as much as I want to!

There's NBA Game Time, which is on throughout the day - they recap and cover the games. 'The Starters' is on every night at 10pm and I'd highly recommend that too.

For anyone interested or who doesn't know, college hoops is back and it's on ESPN UK. Tonight, it's Kansas Jayhawks vs. Duke Bluedevils at 3am which will pit the much-hyped Andrew Wiggins against Jabari Parker. Wiggins has been touted by many as the next Jordan and both he and Parker are being touted as two of the best draft entrants in years (both will enter the NBA next year, for those who don't know).

Must-watch!

Kevin Love is doing his best to fuck up the Wolves bright start to the season. Apparently he wants the entire roster other than Rubio available for trade... Hmm...

For someone who is likely to join the Lakers next year, it's a bit of a shitty move really. I don't get his problems, didn't think he was such a moaner either, especially considering the franchise has waited around for him a lot with all of his injury woes.

For anyone interested or who doesn't know, college hoops is back and it's on ESPN UK. Tonight, it's Kansas Jayhawks vs. Duke Bluedevils at 3am which will pit the much-hyped Andrew Wiggins against Jabari Parker. Wiggins has been touted by many as the next Jordan and both he and Parker are being touted as two of the best draft entrants in years (both will enter the NBA next year, for those who don't know).

Must-watch!

Yeah, Wiggins is the favourite to be the No. 1 draft pick.

When you say he's touted to be the next Jordan, does that mean he's touted to not be as good as LeBron?

Must-watch!

Yeah, Wiggins is the favourite to be the No. 1 draft pick.

When you say he's touted to be the next Jordan, does that mean he's touted to not be as good as LeBron?

Please don't troll.

LeBron isn't even in the conversation yet when it comes to greatest of all time. He's still light years away from MJ. For a start the rules protect him in the modern game, if MJ played with current rules he's be averaging 45+ plus every night and would have probably had a 100 point game at some point. As good as LBJ is, he's not MJ and he never will be. The modern game denies him that, it's not his fault he didn't play in the golden era of NBA, but amongst other things such as MJ being 6 for 6 for 6. LBJ has already lost 1 finals too.

He's lost 2 actually, forgot about Cavs Spurs. Ha.

Edited by MoistVaj

Some cool stuff from last night:

Xavier Henry POSTERIZES Jeff Withey -

LeBron James Throws Down the Powerful Alley-Oop Jam -

Oh and here's IGN's review of NBA 2K14 on PS4: http://uk.ign.com/videos/2013/11/11/nba-2k...xbox-one-review

OKC/Clippers tonight and then a double bill tomorrow with Knicks/Rockets and Warriors/OKC. Should be money!