The NBA Discussion Thread

Art Vandelay

• Paid Members
Art.. have you ever been to MSG to watch a Knicks game?

?? Serious question. I'm going there for a Christmas Day game and wanted some pointers on where to sit, very close behind the net, or high up in line with the centre.. Obviously if you haven't been then ignore this :)

?? Serious question. I'm going there for a Christmas Day game and wanted some pointers on where to sit, very close behind the net, or high up in line with the centre.. Obviously if you haven't been then ignore this :)

Ah sorry man, I meant to reply and got caught up with the Knicks-Nuggets trade news!

I have been to a game. I actually won court side seats to the recent OKC/76ers game in Manchester! Aside from that, I've been to a few other games but never to NYC. I even have family in NY (hence me being a Knicks fan), but have never been in New York during the season! Regardless of venue, if you can get close to the front and behind one of the nets then go for it, but if you're going to sit even slightly further back or if there will be loads of folk sitting in front of you then go higher up and centre. Being slightly off to one side can be good too, depending on how close you are.

You going to the Knicks/OKC Christmas Day game?! That's awesome!!

Bleacher Report is mainly amateur writers. If you're going to go with people who have said it in the past at least use some margin of credibility. Charles Barkley has said it, Scottie Pippen has said something along the lines of he 'could' be better before his words got took out of context, the majority of the Pistons Bad Boys era team have said it and it's through sheer envy as Jordan ended their run after taking physical abuse on the court from them for years and as soon as he beat them they acted like tossers.

LeBron James is without a shadow of a doubt a better athlete than Jordan ever was. He's probably faster and stronger than Jordan was too. He's not a better basketball player. He's still miles off. He doesn't have the clutch gene like MJ did. In the final seconds of the game, you knew Jordan would take the shot. It didn't matter what the situation was, he would always take the shot, no questions asked. LeBron has a tendency to hide when the pressure gets high. In the 2011 finals, he actually called Wade over from the other side of the court to take the final shot when he had the ball in his hands. Wade knocked down the shot, but that's not the point. If LeBron was the greatest, he would take the shot every time, and it's something he's not prepared to do. Some LeBron fans make excuses here and say it's because he's a team player. It's really not. He just doesn't have a killer instinct like Jordan did. Jordan had the killer instinct like no other. The only player to ever come close is Kobe in that respect.

Michael Jordan played in the greatest era of the NBA. He went up against some of the greatest players of all time. First ballot Hall of Famers. He beat all of them. He won 6 rings. He went undefeated in the finals. If that Bulls team stayed together for another 2 years after 98, he would have won 8. Michael Jordan was so good, he was actually bigger than the game of basketball. He's probably the greatest sportsman of all time. LeBron James has done some great things since entering the league, but he's no Michael Jordan. He won't match MJ's ring haul, the current Heat team will be dismantled in the Summer and I can't see him sticking around to wait in his final prime years for the pieces to fit again, so I'm guessing unless he goes home to the Cav's, he probably won't win another ring and MVP award after this year. If he went to LA, him and Kobe together would be a disaster. Which brings me to my final point, Lebron took a pay cut in order to join up with two other superstars in order to win his rings. Jordan didn't need to do that. He had far more will and desire to get the job done in Chicago instead of taking the easy way out. Something LeBron has done often in his career.

• Paid Members

Ah sorry man, I meant to reply and got caught up with the Knicks-Nuggets trade news!

I have been to a game. I actually won court side seats to the recent OKC/76ers game in Manchester! Aside from that, I've been to a few other games but never to NYC. I even have family in NY (hence me being a Knicks fan), but have never been in New York during the season! Regardless of venue, if you can get close to the front and behind one of the nets then go for it, but if you're going to sit even slightly further back or if there will be loads of folk sitting in front of you then go higher up and centre. Being slightly off to one side can be good too, depending on how close you are.

I'm there during Xmas and the Xmas day game is the only one on whilst I'm there so its a must! At the moment I'm getting either Section 207 Row 1, or Section 210 Row 6, same price. Struggling which to go for. Using this link can you give me your opinion of what would be best?

http://knicks.io-media.com/#

I'm there during Xmas and the Xmas day game is the only one on whilst I'm there so its a must! At the moment I'm getting either Section 207 Row 1, or Section 210 Row 6, same price. Struggling which to go for. Using this link can you give me your opinion of what would be best?

http://knicks.io-media.com/#

207. Go for it!

Yeah I did. It's not been a great few days for the Thunder. Still think we'll win the West though, Ibaka should never have been ejected the other night.

Can you do catch up on NBA TV on Apple TV? I can watch previous content on my iPad or Laptop but can't seem to find a feature on Apple TV.... The reason I ask is because I'm re-watching all of the Hardwood Classics, watching Jordan drop 54 on the Knicks last night in the 93 Eastern Conference Finals was a thing of beauty, I fell asleep in the first quarter of the next episode though!

Yeah I did. It's not been a great few days for the Thunder. Still think we'll win the West though, Ibaka should never have been ejected the other night.

Can you do catch up on NBA TV on Apple TV? I can watch previous content on my iPad or Laptop but can't seem to find a feature on Apple TV.... The reason I ask is because I'm re-watching all of the Hardwood Classics, watching Jordan drop 54 on the Knicks last night in the 93 Eastern Conference Finals was a thing of beauty, I fell asleep in the first quarter of the next episode though!

Don't think you can do it via Apple TV, sadly. I think it's website mode only for now.

BTW, 'The Starters' is on in 20 mins at 10pm on NBA TV. Great show, always good fun.

My bad, it's on at 11 I think. Hardwood classics on now, Jordan scores 55 points against Phoenix in 1993. Awesome stuff!

I dunno if you've seen this, but someone uploaded the intro for nba 2k14 next gen.

And here's the intro to the story mode (skip to 4:12)

Speaking of games, it appears that there was a reason EA was hiding Live 14 gameplay. Looks like some people have gotten their hands on the game early and have been live streaming gameplay. I had the game pre-ordered and was hoping for something really good. This; however, just looks really BAD. Really REALLY bad compared to 2K14:

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/nba-...ay-footage.html

Oh dear!

Yeah I'm a member of OS so I've been following all the news and videos. I was so hyped for Live 14, but I had my reservations about it. It's such a shame they've essentially wasted the ESPN license. If this flops well and truly, they should do the right thing and let 2K have the ESPN license. I'd imagine they'll quit putting out basketball games this year. They put a no review embargo on Live 14 until it's launch, so it was obvious something was up. I think the worst part is that there is no reason whatsoever why that garbage couldn't have been released on PS3/360.

Next gen 2K looks like probably the best launch title, it looks incredible. The half time interviews look ridiculous (in a good way) too! Can't wait to start a new MyCareer and give MyGM a whirl too.

Yeah I'm a member of OS so I've been following all the news and videos. I was so hyped for Live 14, but I had my reservations about it. It's such a shame they've essentially wasted the ESPN license. If this flops well and truly, they should do the right thing and let 2K have the ESPN license. I'd imagine they'll quit putting out basketball games this year. They put a no review embargo on Live 14 until it's launch, so it was obvious something was up. I think the worst part is that there is no reason whatsoever why that garbage couldn't have been released on PS3/360.

Next gen 2K looks like probably the best launch title, it looks incredible. The half time interviews look ridiculous (in a good way) too! Can't wait to start a new MyCareer and give MyGM a whirl too.

I'd actually rather see 2K use the TNT license. If you look at their presentation, commentators etc, it pretty much IS TNT, just without the actual logo or name. It would be cool to see TNT, ESPN, NBA TV and some local networks all in the game so that it's just like a real life season. Surely next year, they've got to have the actual commentators in the game too for a pre/post game discussion in the studio or something?