The NBA Discussion Thread

Art Vandelay

Watching the Heat get beat by the Pistons the other night was enjoyable. Bosh still doesn't do enough work on the boards for a man of his size. The Eastern Conference is absolutely terrible right now. So many bad teams sitting in the playoff spots too. I'm surprised the Hawks have started out ok this year, although they lost Jefferson, they brought in a replica in Millsap. They won't go past the first round again though. The backcourt is way too weak to make a real run. I'm surprised they didn't make a serious run at Jrue Holiday in the Summer. They need a top class Point Guard desperately.

The Trail Blazers are amazing right now. They deserve a deep run in the playoffs with all the bad luck they've had with injuries over the years. If Brandon Roy and Greg Oden had avoided all the bad injuries they would be a top 4 seed for years. I still expect them to die off somewhat, they've got a deeper bench than the previous few years, something which they've desperately needed. LeMarcus Aldridge is currently the best PF in the league and I'm delighted for him, I've been a huge fan of his for years.

Derrick Rose's injury press conference was amazing. When asked if the Bulls should go in a different direction instead of waiting for him to return :''If they wanna be fools, yeah. I'm gonna be fine.'' You've got to admire his confidence if nothing else. The league is far poorer place without him active.

I really enjoyed the Knicks/Nets game despite the records of both teams so far. NY looked very good and were actually moving the ball and playing like they had a fire lit in them. Brooklyn, on the other hand, looked slow and plodded around the court at times. Knicks beat Orlando last night in a blowout. It seems that they've finally found the 3pt shot this year. They've got Boston on Sunday (5pm on BT) which is definitely a game they can win too. Brooklyn, on the other hand, have the Bucks tonight. If they don't win that......

Oh and it's official. KOBE returns tomorrow against Toronto! :thumbsup:

Erm... this surely is the end of Woodson? What a stagnate offense! It's all iso's and poor contested shooting. I'd ditch Felton too, he's garbage.

Agreed, he'll be gone this week I reckon. That was depressing to watch. Boston were toying with them at times. You know something's wrong when Amar'e is the leading scorer. Never heard the Garden so quiet in my life. This Boston team looks good despite still being a 10-12 record; Brad Stevens is going to make an excellent coach.

Not sure. I've got a feeling the Knicks are going to rip the team to pieces around the trade deadline. I'd imagine Melo will let the higher ups know what his intentions are so they can plan for the future. The Nets will get better when Williams gets back, I'd expect them to make the playoffs. I think the Knicks might squeeze in if they go back to the playing style of last year. At the moment, they look like the D'Antoni Knicks. All Iso's and forced shots, it's ugly to watch. I'd probably cut back on JR Smith's minutes too, he's looking horrible.

My Celtics looked much better yesterday as pointed out. Very pleased too see. Stevens doing a great job with a very young/new team. Think we may get lucky. This was the year we where supposed to do mothing. But seeing as the Eastern conference is utter shite I'm hopeful we may actually steal a playoff position.

I can't believe people are still sleeping on OKC. After that win against Indiana, they've shown that they can go all the way in the west.

Been saying it all along, I've got a feeling that if KD is going to win a championship in Oklahoma this is his year. It's so open. I don't think anyone in the West is good enough to beat a completely healthy Thunder, I think we would have made the finals again last year had Westbrook not got injured. If it does come down to a Heat Thunder finals, as long as OKC doesn't get sucked into playing the Eastern style too much, there's no reason why this can't be the year.

Just realised that the next two Brooklyn Nets games could be very interesting. Tonight at home against Boston, the first time that both teams will meet since the big summer trade. Then, against Doc Rivers and the Clippers on Thursday, first time that Garnett, Pierce, Terry etc will come face to face with Doc Rivers.

The Nets @ Clippers game is on BT Sport as well. Should be very interesting!