The NBA Discussion Thread

Art Vandelay

Gonna be a great game, should be a good atmosphere in Indiana

It certainly means more to the Pacers then it does it us in the grand scheme of things but I would really love to win in Indy and just silence some of the Indy Fans and players who have been a bit chipy just lately.

Frustratingly brutal 3rd quarter cost us

Played so well in the 1st half and that 3rd qtr was just garbage at times, still it was a fantastic game and really had a playoff feel to it

Indiana in that building are gonna be tough to beat for sure, but we are capable of doing it if we can just play a full game without letting up too much, credit to the Pacers tho as well they really upped the game in the 2nd after a difficult 1st half

I;m beginning to hate BT sport coverage now, we have been on 3 times and are 0-3, please no more Heat games for a while lol

• Paid Members

The Knicks are so fucked. Not just this season with the team they have but for the future, squandered draft picks with dodgy trades and lumbered with the worst contract in the league. They should be able to get something back for Melo but Dolan is killing this franchise. For shame.

The Knicks are so fucked. Not just this season with the team they have but for the future, squandered draft picks with dodgy trades and lumbered with the worst contract in the league. They should be able to get something back for Melo but Dolan is killing this franchise. For shame.

I reckon they are going to try and keep Melo with the promise that in 2015, he'll be able to hand pick a team once they dump the Amar'e contract etc. I still see Melo going to LA though. It's brutal being a Knicks fan right now.

Great win for the Pacers last night. They were allowing the Heat offence too much space in the first half, but came out like a different team in Q3. I'm picking them to go all the way this season. They play with such grit and determination, it's awesome to watch. Hibbert's 24 pts exposed Miami's lack of a real center too, I think.

Bulls @ Knicks / Mavs @ Warriors on BT tonight, with the full ESPN live countdown airing before.

Just watched the recording of last nights game, How did you enjoy that Knicks fans, its a win but god it got closer then it had any right to be

Knicks up 23 midway thru the 3rd and the Bulls who looked like they would struggle to score 60 at one point suddenly started making shots and Knicks started to wobble and the game was amazingly tied with just over 2 minutes to go.

Annoyingly thats when the sky+ cut out, so had to load up league pass to see the end and ended up seeing the result before I had a chance.

Amare played well in his 1st back to back games of the year tho, the Bulls Offense is truly horrific, how did they manage to score 100 against us the other night when they can't get 80 on any other night?

Watching the game, it was like that Bulls run came out of nowhere. I blinked and suddenly the lead was cut to 9. The Knicks were lucky to survive that one. They have the Celtics, Clippers, Hawkes and Trailblazers next and I could see them losing all of those games, unfortunately. I hope the wins continue though.

Did anyone catch the Warriors/Mavs game after on BT? Steph Curry doing Steph Curry things.

I love Steph Curry. Still catching up on last nights schedule, some encouraging signs from the Knicks there.

I see the Knicks took my advice on Felton. He's in trade talks with the Raptors for Kyle Lowry. I must say, it's pretty much a pointless trade. They are both very similar in terms of talent, originally it was meant to be Shumpert but reports from ESPN suggest he didn't entertain talks to go to Toronto.

I think the Knicks should probably look to Free Agency. I'm not sure about when the Chinese Basketball season runs, but they could give Gilbert Arenas a call to give them some leadership off the bench on a short term deal.

Can't admit to being much of a basketball fan but NBA 2k14 on the PS4 is amazing fun (despite some bugs) and the game I've played the most on it so far. It looks incredible and plays really well and have played quite a few games into the career mode as a point guard for the Utah Jazz, currently won 9 and lost 11 games and have moved up the rotation to the 6th man but will be tough to remove Trey Burke from his starting role. The story part of the career mode has Richard Jefferson being a right prick.

The commentary in the game during normal matches even refers to the teams real life previous match result and who played well.

Online (when it works) is good fun too, was playing in a league with people on another forum as the Knicks although for some reason the league got deleted by the server and we cannot make a new one yet.

Can't admit to being much of a basketball fan but NBA 2k14 on the PS4 is amazing fun (despite some bugs) and the game I've played the most on it so far. It looks incredible and plays really well and have played quite a few games into the career mode as a point guard for the Utah Jazz, currently won 9 and lost 11 games and have moved up the rotation to the 6th man but will be tough to remove Trey Burke from his starting role. The story part of the career mode has Richard Jefferson being a right prick.

The commentary in the game during normal matches even refers to the teams real life previous match result and who played well.

Online (when it works) is good fun too, was playing in a league with people on another forum as the Knicks although for some reason the league got deleted by the server and we cannot make a new one yet.

They are releasing a massive patch for the game this week to fix the reported issues :thumbsup:

They are releasing a massive patch for the game this week to fix the reported issues :thumbsup:

I hope so, worst problem I've had is a career mode stop dead because shots in a practice mode are not being counted. Bloody annoying.

I got drafted number 5 by the Suns and played 5 games before stopping after reading about the glitches. To be honest, as much as I love the game, the Career mode is so scripted that it actually ruins the experience. Oh you've had a poor game from the field so you have to do shooting practice, you hit perfect free throws which somehow miss in the game, so you do free-throw practice. It's a WWE style storyline plugged into what was the best single player experience in a sports game. Things and stories should play out depending on how you perform, not the game dictating what happens next. They need to address this next year. On court it's actually better than it ever has been. I've ran some sick plays which have resulted in some brilliant dunks and some generally brilliant OMG moments. The dunks feel so much meatier on Next Gen, so satisfying.

I generally roll with the classic teams at the minute until the 3rd patch hits and I can get into some different game modes. I particularly enjoy running pick and rolls with Lil' Penny and Shaq. It's a shame that the end of game highlights are fucked too, I play 12 minute quarters and they disappear at the end, another glitch that needs fixing!

Live 14 is apparently better the more you play it, they've got a big patch hitting over the xmas period, I think my girlfriend has bought me it for Xmas so I'll give it a try as a distraction to 2K.

In real life Basketball, Rondo and Asik are the subject of trade talks, apparently Rondo is on his way to the Kings. I like the dynamic of Rondo, Gay and Cousins. Could be interesting that team. They are giving up Mclemore, Thomas and a couple of scrubs and a first round pick to make it happen, so looks like the new owners are serious about making the Kings a viable destination to play basketball.

In other news, the Knicks go from bad to worse, Woodson says Amar'e is injured and could be out for a while. Amar'e meanwhile tweets that he's not injured... I think they may be tanking for Wiggins. It's the only viable reason Woodson hasn't been sacked.