9. Portland

10. LA Lakers

11. New Orleans

12. Dallas

13. Sacramento

14. Utah

15. Phoenix

Well, that was certainly eventful!

The AA Arena looked absolutely tremendous to start the show. The NBA certainly know how to put on a show:

bxydalmieaas6yfa.jpg

After a strong start, the Heat completely dominated Chicago, despite a late run from the Bulls near the end of the game. Rose looked good, but it wasn't enough - the rest of the team just wasn't on the same page and they were clearly a tad rusty. Miami played beautiful transition basketball and their swarming defense basically shut down Chicago, who couldn't buy a basket in that third quarter. Lebron, Bosh and Allen looked tremendous.

How much fun was that Lakers/Clippers game? Xavier Henry looked great and I don't think anyone was expecting that result at all. I know it's early days, but imagine if the Lakers shocked everyone this year and.....were actually good?!

Also, Chris Paul was NOT amused after the game:

BXzRimjIAAAJPUe.jpg

Kobe, on the other hand...

BXzRlBVCUAA8c-C.jpg

This is going to be fun.

Knicks/Bulls and Heat/Nets both on Friday. Oh yes!

Just caught up with the Pacers/Magic game too. Man, the Pacers are going to be even more awesome this season! Hibbert was in full on beast mode for that entire game and Paul George looked even more improved. Definitely the biggest threat to the Heat in the East I'd say, although I'll wait and see how the Nets do against them on Friday.

For those who missed last night, here's a few highlights:

The TNT Opening promo. I'd HIGHLY recommend watching this - incredibly well put together: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zu7SvEYWTtU

Highlights of the championship presentation & banner raising:

Highlights of the Lakers' incredible 4th quarter with only their bench players!:

Derrick Rose's amazing first basket of the season"

Top 10 plays from opening night:

Blake Griffin gets dunk of the night!

Xavier Henry hits a monster jam to kick off the Lakers' great performance:

Paul George hits the buzzer beater:

Lebron hits a sweet no-look feed to Anderson:

Lakers/Golden State tonight. Should be a thriller! Can't wait to watch my Knicks opening up against the Bucks at the new-look Madison Square Garden too!

I'm so glad the NBA is back! :thumbsup:

So, I've taken the plunge and, after much research (and an successful NBA 2K14 MyCareer game) I've decided I'm going to be a Pistons fan. I've always liked them and can remember seeing highlights of them absolutely murdering a young Michael Jordan in an attempt to nullify him. Somehow such barbarism makes them more appealing to me.

In terms of my predictions...

East

1. Miami

2. Chicago

3. Indiana

4. Brooklyn

5. Cleveland

6. Detroit

7. Knicks

8. Washington

-----------------

9. Atlanta

10. Toronto

11. Charlotte

12. Milwaukee

13. Boston

14. Magic

15. Philadelphia

West

1. LA Clippers

2. OKC

3. Houston

4. San Antonio

5. Golden State

6. Memphis

7. New Orleans

8. Portland

--------------------

9. LA Lakers

10. Minnesota

11. Denver

12. Dallas

13. Sacramento

14. Phoenix

15. Utah

So, I watched Heat/Bulls last night and echo Art's thoughts completely - the Heat were too good and the Bulls looked off the pace. Really good to see Rose back although I think he's still a long way from where he was, which is natural after such a long layoff.

Fell asleep before the Clippers/Lakers game but it doesn't necessarily surprise me that the Lakers won. It's a marathon though, not a sprint and in the long run I think a loss like this might actually benefit the Clippers and eliminate any ounce of complacency that may exist.

Also, Andrew Bynum just checked in. I'm currently checking the weather channel to see if hell has just frozen over.

Let's go Pistons etc.

The Cavs/Nets game was a cracker! Bynum looked good and the game really could have gone either way. Barring injuries, Cleveland will make the playoffs this season I think. Nets will get better too, but it'll take time for them to properly gel.

Did you see the Heat/76ers game last night?! I've just watched the highlights, but just as I was going to bed last night I checked the score and at the halfway point of Q1, it was 26-4 to the 76ers!! I thought I was seeing things! Evan Turner's dunk on Lebron....wow. Nice win for Philly.

Good to see my Knicks pick up their opening win against the Bucks. Wanted to stay up to watch that and the Warriors/Lakers game, but I'm on the early shift at work this week so need to be up at 5am. The joys of being a hoops fan in the UK! :) will watch both games this afternoon when I get home.

Double-header tonight - Knicks @ Bulls and Warriors @ Clippers. I may just have to stay up for both!

I hope they get the UK TV mess sorted out soon - they've said they are working tirelessly on it and several sources say it's close to being done. I have to say though, League Pass is absolutely tremendous! I've got it on my Apple TV box and 360 and it works like a dream. Full HD and now that it's bundled with 24/7 NBA TV direct from the US is even better! I watched TNT's Inside the NBA and the new 'Starters' talk show on it last night. Really awesome.

Ended up watching Detroit/Washington last night, which was a fun little match. Drummond, Smith and Monroe gelled better than I expected, although I'll be interested to see how they do against a higher standard of opposition. Andre Drummond in particular is a player that I've got high hopes for, and I'd really like to see Mo Cheeks give him some more minutes this year. I'm also a big fan of Caldwell-Pope, not just for his amazing name, but for his all-round defensive qualities. Next up is the Grizzlies away on Friday, which should be more of a challenge.

I too saw the 76ers/Heat first quarter score and thought there must have been some sort of mistake. It just goes to show how great the NBA is, though - anyone can beat anyone and there's no guaranteed wins.

I'm really hoping a tv deal gets signed as, despite loving League Pass, I'm on PS3 and therefore can't stream it via my console. I'm therefore reduced to watching it on the laptop or the iPad. Does anyone know if League Pass will be accessible via PS4 or, if you've got an internet-enabled tv, how easy it is get League Pass on it?

Haven't seen all the action from last night, but Michael Carter-Williams absolutely torched the Heat last night which was the game I watched last night. 9 steals on his debut was incredible! A new rookie debut record too. The Heat looked sluggish for large parts, starting off trailing 19-0 at one point. It was only the 3 ball falling for them later on that brought them back into it, although they did rest Wade. Exciting season ahead! Durant dropped some huge points on the Jazz too. Business as usual.

Ended up watching Detroit/Washington last night, which was a fun little match. Drummond, Smith and Monroe gelled better than I expected, although I'll be interested to see how they do against a higher standard of opposition. Andre Drummond in particular is a player that I've got high hopes for, and I'd really like to see Mo Cheeks give him some more minutes this year. I'm also a big fan of Caldwell-Pope, not just for his amazing name, but for his all-round defensive qualities. Next up is the Grizzlies away on Friday, which should be more of a challenge.

I too saw the 76ers/Heat first quarter score and thought there must have been some sort of mistake. It just goes to show how great the NBA is, though - anyone can beat anyone and there's no guaranteed wins.

I'm really hoping a tv deal gets signed as, despite loving League Pass, I'm on PS3 and therefore can't stream it via my console. I'm therefore reduced to watching it on the laptop or the iPad. Does anyone know if League Pass will be accessible via PS4 or, if you've got an internet-enabled tv, how easy it is get League Pass on it?

Funny you should mention that, the league pass app was released on PS Network today for PS3, Vita & PS4. Apparently it's only available in the US though, which makes no sense. Hopefully they change that!

Did you get it working?

Anyone see the games from last night? Knicks/Bulls and Clippers/Warriors.

I'd suggest going back and watching the Warriors/Clips game if you get the chance, it was a great one. Probably the best performance of Chris Paul's career and it also featured an INSANE hot streak from Steph Curry.

Oh, and check out Blake Griffin destroying with three massive dunks in the space of 37 seconds! -

I want a Clippers/Warriors playoff series!

Bulls/Knicks was ugly, but ended up a thriller nonetheless. Rose, who was off for most of the game, stuck a dagger to the Knicks and hit the game winner with 5 seconds to go:

Heat/Nets tonight!

I think the Heat have got one eye on Wiggins

:laugh:

The Nets game was great, Brooklyn looked good and are only going to get better. That run by the Heat in the 4th was something else too. Wizards next for Lebron and co. Surely they'll pick up a win there?

Surprised that the Bobcats beat the Cavs too. I know it's early days yet but did really didn't see that coming.