The NBA Discussion Thread

Art Vandelay

Three-peat for LeBron and the Miami Heat :thumbsup:

Perhaps. I think it'll certainly be a challenge for them, especially with Rose back and healthy for the Bulls. Indiana are also a threat, especially when you look at the tough time Miami had with them in the playoffs last season. D-Wade's health is a big question mark right now. It'll be interesting to see how he looks on opening night.

Oh, for those interested, here's an awesome video look back at last season's playoffs and finals:

I'd Love us to complete the 3-Peat this year in what could be the final season of the Big 3 together, I think Both Lebron and Wade stay but Bosh might be off at the end of the season as its just gonna be to expensive to keep all 3 together for another few years.

Bringing back most of the same roster aside from Miller was a shame to see him go but again it was all down to cost and his injuries just didn't make it cost effective to keep him around and adding to the Luxury Tax, the shoeless shot in last years Finals is one of my fave moments of recent Heat plays aside from Ray Allennn for THREEEEE from the corner :)

I was happy about bringing Beasley back to the Heat, if he has his head on straight and puts all the off court incidents behind him then he could be a nice addition, things didn't really work out last year in Phoenix for him but coming back to were he begun and being around a championship team and having some guidance he should be an asset on the court though how he fits into the rotation we shall see

Loved the pickup of Greg Oden, sure he has hasn't played for 3 years but to me its a no risk move, if he can't stay healthy then nothing lost but if can and having a true big man s the only thing this team has lacked over the past few years it could really be a masterstroke of a signing.

It should be a fantastic season with Rose back in the mix for the Bulls tho people do seem to forget we beat the Bulls in 5 with him playing a fact lost on some people who say we only win because Rose missed an entire year and things will be different now.

Pacers always give us trouble as well and throw in the Knicks and Nets and it should be a tight battle.

I still put us as the team to beat in the East and wouldn't be surprised to see us in our 4th consecutive NBA finals come June,

I don't see the Heat three-peating. As mentioned by Art Vandelay, Dwyane Wade's knee's are taking away his explosiveness, they should probably use him sparingly during the regular season but do they do that and risk dropping a seed or two? I've already championed the Bulls and the return of D-Rose to take them back to the top seed, I also think they'll come out of the East. My only concern is the lack of shooters around him this yer, the Bulls usually have one of the deepest benches in the league but off the top of my head Mike Dunleavy Jr is the only notable addition this year, with the exits of Nate Robinson and Marco Belinelli, that might factor. However with their domination on the boards and the return of Rose, I reckon they might just see off the Heat in the play-offs. Greg Oden signing for the Heat is going to be interesting. If he stays fit, and that's a big if, they've just cured their rebounding woes with one player. Whatever happens, Lebron will end up back in Cleveland at the end of the season.

In the West, I can't see past the Thunder. I really hope they go the whole way for Kevin Durant, he deserves a title more than most. Once Westbrook returns and starts firing consistently again, I can only see the Spurs stopping them.

The Rockets are going to be a ton of fun to watch this year. I'm expecting Celtics and Lakers to go down the tank route, Wiggins is too much of a game changer to ignore.

I could definitely see the Bulls getting out of the east this season. I'm calling a Bulls/Heat Eastern Conference Final, if everyone stays healthy. Bulls/Heat is ALWAYS great, so it would be a good way to end the conference. I do agree about the Bulls bench - I'm still gutted that they didn't re-sign Nate Robinson. He came up big for them in the playoffs last season, especially in that epic series with Brooklyn.

Agreed that Durant deserves a championship. I'd love to see a Thunder/Clippers series, as I think the Clippers will be much more of a threat this season especially with the addition of Doc Rivers as coach.

There's just so many variables this season and it's going to be wildly unpredictable, which is what I love about the NBA. In the west, you've got the Thunder, Spurs, Warriors, Clippers, Lakers, Rockets, Grizzlies and Nuggets alone - it's a seriously stacked conference. I'm hoping for big things with the Warriors this time - super fun team to watch.

Celtics are definitely tanking, but I'm actually looking forward to watching the Lakers. I think they'll be a fun team and hopefully Kobe is back in time for the first game against the Rockets, just to go up against the Dwightmare.

I don't see Lebron leaving at the end of the season, everything he has said this offseason has hinted that he will stay in Miami

As I said above one of the big 3 will likely be gone and I'd say that will be Bosh, would love to see Wade be a one club man for his carrer and stay with us till he retires, it's been 10 great years so far (well 9 the least said about the 07-08 season the better) and want to see another few, though as you guys rightly say he has been slowed by injuries over the years and given his style of play it wont get any easier

Yeah the Warriors are great fun, the addition of Iggy should improve them further, Steph Curry is one of my favourite players in the entire association. I actually wanted Rajon Rondo to have joined the Pistons, I think he could have propelled them into a top 4 seed in the East, playing with his best mate J-Smoove, some of the 1-2 punch play would have been great to watch. As it stands, the addition of Brandon Jennings is probably enough to get them a low seed with J-Smoove, but I think Jennings is probably the most overrated PG in the league. He's not garbage, but he's not anyway near as good as he likes to think he is.

I don't see Lebron leaving at the end of the season, everything he has said this offseason has hinted that he will stay in Miami

As I said above one of the big 3 will likely be gone and I'd say that will be Bosh, would love to see Wade be a one club man for his carrer and stay with us till he retires, it's been 10 great years so far (well 9 the least said about the 07-08 season the better) and want to see another few, though as you guys rightly say he has been slowed by injuries over the years and given his style of play it wont get any easier

I don't know, he made suggestions he was going to stay with the Cavs before he made 'The Decision.' I think he even said never say never in regards to a Cleveland return last year after a crazed fan ran on court and hugged him.

The thing with Wade which won't make him as graceful a veteran to watch as a Vince Carter or Kobe Bryant is the fact that he doesn't have a reliable jumper and his perimeter shooting is all over the place. I would have thought last season would have taught him to slow it down. Still, an amazing player to watch in his time, always 100 MPH and 100% commitment every time he hits the floor.

As good as Lebron is, and he's going to be top 3 of all time by the time he finishes, I don't see him sitting around at Miami waiting for a new cast to fill around him. Wade, as we mentioned is close to being broken. Bosh, I see going elsewhere, he doesn't play a big enough role in the offense and he's basically been along for a great ride in which he's contributed next to fuck all for large parts, his rebounding in particular has been pathetic often, and let's face it they could have picked any semi-decent big man to cover the role he's played at the Heat, Amar'e for example could have picked up those rings that Bosh has. He needs to be a vocal point of the offense, like he was at Toronto, that's why I see him elsewhere too. There were strong rumours he was going to be traded to the Bobcats for a draft pick, but alas this years class looks very weak. Lebron, teaming up with Kyrie Irving on the other hand, giving back to his home town team, along with the other young guns there, now that I can see.

Edited by MoistVaj

As a Knicks fan, you must be worried about Melo's recent comments regarding free agency. I can't see him re-signing to be honest.

For sure. I'd love to see him re-sign and then for the Knicks to build a better team round him, once they get rid of Amare. I could definitely see him going to LA though, especially as he lives there with his wife during the off season.

Did you see KD dropping 36 points in 24 minutes in OKC the other night? Awesome: