The Ongoing Celebrity Spotting Thread

Devon Malcolm

Harrods is all small concessions, too. There's usually a member of staff covering every ten square foot. It's not like there's a Harry Harrods who was too busy flogging some L'Oreal to some daft bint and so couldn't watch his beds; Stevie Springs would have had his beadies all over his own gear and nothing else.

Was the part about breaking beds in Harrods relevant at all or were you just eager to point out how much you 'stick it to the man'?

That point is key to the Chinny Reckon. I sincerely doubt folk are going to be able to jump around on beds for a few minutes in Doc Martins and then break one in Harrods.

It wasn't really relevant, but kinda sets the tone for what a stupid twat I was/can be and the kind of mood I was in that day. Yes I really did believe at the time I was sticking it to the man, I might have even shouted anarchy while I was doing it. Not fussed if you don't believe it, just a silly story from my youth that has no bearing on my life at all now.

Is there a thread for over the top stories that no one would ever believe unless they were there? I have plenty more

• Moderators
Well it was a college trip when I was about 19, we had gone to the Tate gallery to look at a bit of arty stuff (and saw Peter Crouch funnily enough. I shouted "PETER!!" across the gallery to check if it was him.) After about 20 minutes in there me and my mates got bored and decided to go round London for a bit. We got very drunk and ended up in Harrods for some reason... We were on our way out after jumping across and breaking one of the beds, I saw the price tag on it and shit myself to say the least. I had literally been thumping from bed to bed for a good few minutes in my doc martins

On the way out we saw him doing his Christmas shopping. Usually that's the kind of thing you should leave people alone for but one of the girls we were with wanted a picture. All I asked was which one he was and "where's the other one?". He said he was working to which I replied "who the fuck pays for half of Ant and Dec?" He told me to fuck off before he knocked me out. Looking back I'm lucky he didn't just belt me one

When I was in London I met the tall one from Ant and Dec while he was christmas shopping.

My mate asked "Wheres the other one?" To which he replied that he was at work.

So I said "Who the fuck pays for half of Ant and Dec?"

He didnt seem pleased at all

http://ukff.com/index.php?showtopic=112082...t&p=1903895

Why did you leave the Harrods bit out of the first retelling of the story? Surely something like "thumping from bed to bed for a good few minutes in my doc martins" and breaking one would be a part of the story every time?

I've got to be honest Butchi, as far fetched as the Harrods bit is, the fact that he was peddling the same shit in 2009 makes me believe it a bit more. It'd be such a lame lie to keep alive for 4 years.

But that 'far fetched stories no one would believe' thread sounds awful. Almost as bad as a 'what dreams do you have?' Thread. They're the turd worst.

• Moderators

Because to me it seems like the kind of thing someone would mention every time they tell the story. "I shouted at Peter Crouch in an art gallery and then wound up Ant McPartlin". I dunno, just something about it doesn't wash with me.

Hey, Harrods isn't what it used to be when Tiny Roland (great name) used to own it and you had a doorman on the entry denying people who weren't suitably attired. Since Al Fayed took over and installed his faux Egypt level. I could believe anything goes on.

• Awards Moderator

She's been in loads of plays since then and does a stint on the radio quite often, but all local to me so she's pretty much vanished in to obscurity to the rest of the county. She was Master of Ceremonies at my mate's wedding last year when I was best man and she recognised me, so we chatted for a bit. She's a lovely, lovely lady.

Edited by Frankie Crisp