Fantasy Football Teams (although there is a UKFF league code in here)

WeeAl

• Moderators

It's not a football thread, it's a thread about a computer game that is based on football.

I've played in a fantasy football league with my mates and I don't even watch the game and I led the league for most of the year and came second in the end.

It's all a load of rubbish (much like football).

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I'm not exactly over the moon with the team I've picked, but I've changed it that many times already that I'm pretty sure it'll look totally different to the team that I have by Saturday. It's a flip/flop thing with me and the defence. I've always went with a low quality defence, with 4.5-5m tops, spent on the players in it, and I've always finished with quite an average score so it just seemed like a thing to do to try and do something different. I usually go with 3 highly priced strikers and then fill the midfield with regular starters for lower clubs along with 1 star man in there. I think the first 3 weeks are always the hardest, I'm usually not happy with my team until the transfer window shuts, and you get an idea of which coaches fancy which players, and in what role they see them.

My FPL team is :

Westwood,

Walker, Coleman, Pieters,

Giaccherini, Nolan(VC), Arteta, Hazard,

Van Persie©, Wolfswinkel, Chamakh.

Subs : Lowton, Rangel, Brady.

2.5 mil left over. Taking a chance that Chamakh will come good as a big fish in a small pond. Also going for attacking full backs hoping for plenty of assists.

• Paid Members
While this isn't about a particular UKFF league, is there a UKFF one this year and I've missed the thread?

I don't think so, but seeing as everyone has an FPL team entered, we might as well set up a mini league, eh?

Anyone game?

My team:

Mignolet

David Luiz Vincent Kompany Buttner

Michu Coutinho Zaha Navas

Negredo Sturridge Bony

Subs- Kelvin Davis, Mcshane, Pennant, Mcnaughton

I used my usual strategy of having the cheapest bench possible and having a pretty strong first XI. The only ones i'm not sure about is Negredo and Zaha. Buttner is there because he's cheap and when he plays they probably won't concede many.

*Edit* Just took out Zaha and Buttner and added Baines and Bellamy. Happier with that. Just joined the league as well.

Archived