Fantasy Football Teams (although there is a UKFF league code in here)

WeeAl

• Paid Members

OK, I'm in the process of picking my team for the Fantasy league and I'm looking at Chelsea's squad, and I haven't got the faintest idea how they are going to use all those midfielders. Where do you start? I'm going to have to put two players from chelsea's midfield in my team just to have a chance that one of them even plays.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Just not sure if I can justify the cost of Hazard/Mata when rotation is pretty much certain or if it's a better idea to go cheaper with De Bryune, Lampard or Ramires. Then the idea of just not picking anyone from their midfield will probably bite me in the ass, when they go on to romp home 8-0 against Hull on opening day, with everyone getting in on the fun!

Happened to me last season when Chelsea were on a roll. They have a double game week to begin with so get at least one Chelsea player in. I wouldn't be put off the rumour that Mourinho isn't keen on Mata. Why would he be? I reckon it's a load of bilge. Mata or Hazard are your safest options.

• Paid Members

Lamps and Ramires will be fighting to play in the 2 of a 4-2-3-1 i would imagine (Don't know what Jose is using in pre-season) so will they be getting the points the Attacking players are getting? Plus i imagine a rather big CM signing for Chelsea before deadline day which could affect Lamps significantly.

• Paid Members
Lamps and Ramires will be fighting to play in the 2 of a 4-2-3-1 i would imagine (Don't know what Jose is using in pre-season) so will they be getting the points the Attacking players are getting? Plus i imagine a rather big CM signing for Chelsea before deadline day which could affect Lamps significantly.

ramires has played out on the right to great effect.

Honsstly I think Kevin De bruyne would be worth it, he'll be reasonably cheap and if he rotates a lot he'll do some damage

• Paid Members
OK, I'm in the process of picking my team for the Fantasy league and I'm looking at Chelsea's squad, and I haven't got the faintest idea how they are going to use all those midfielders. Where do you start? I'm going to have to put two players from chelsea's midfield in my team just to have a chance that one of them even plays.

I completely avoided Chelsea, the team seems a clusterfuck at the moment (no real standout striker bar a guy who they still can't sign, a goalkeeper likely to be overshadowed by a 40 year old Aussie) I looked at their defenders but even Cole never scores highly enough when I pick him.

Went down the safe route of picking a strong as hell defence and then using proven or probably point scorers all over the other positions.

Hart

Kompany, Zabaleta, Okore

Michu ©, Schnederlein, Gunnarsson, Giaccherini,

Bony, Hooper, RVP (vc)

Mingolet, Martin Kelly, Caulker, Snodgrass

Quietly confident I could actually do some real damage this season in it, though I'm still questioning Bony over Lambert but only time will tell on that one.

• Paid Members

Went down the safe route of picking a strong as hell defence and then using proven or probably point scorers all over the other positions.

Hart

Kompany, Zabaleta, Okore

Michu

I completely avoided Chelsea, the team seems a clusterfuck at the moment (no real standout striker bar a guy who they still can't sign, a goalkeeper likely to be overshadowed by a 40 year old Aussie) I looked at their defenders but even Cole never scores highly enough when I pick him.

Hart

Kompany, Zabaleta, Okore

Michu

• Paid Members

Theo Walcott is the key to fantasy football this season.

I reckon Walcott is going to have a special season this year. I was under the opinion this guy was just a sprinter got lucky but i reckon it's all clicking into place.

• Paid Members

My thought is if Hart goes up against one of the top 4/5 teams he's likely to concede, whereas having a good replacement for those 8-10 games means I can probably clean sheet again. Originally I did have a third Liverpool defender in there to complete the 3/3 defence idea but removed him as I thought Caulker could score goals.

Same for Michu, was probably the only reason I did well last year at all.

• Paid Members

I nearly always get in the cheapest defenders and spend all my money elsewhere, but I didn't need that much to spend so I was able to get Baines, Evra, Lugano and Ivanovic in my defence easy enough. I'm totally undecided on Hazard/Mata, Bale is a no go until we see if he stays next year, I agree Michu isn't great value due to him probably being deeper this year. God knows what Moyes will do with Kagawa. Silva and Toure are coming off bad years so I'll leave them out for a while. I don't usually have any Arsenal players in the team. Van Persie will be in most teams so I left him out.

Foster-Davis

Ivanovic-Lugano-Williams-Baines-Evra

Paulinho-De Bryune-Schnederlein-De Guzman-Snodgrass

Aguero-Lukaku-Soldado

I'm not totally sureon my midfield, but 4 of the 5 are going to play almost every game so at this point I'd rather have that, and then take it from there when the transfer window closes.

Archived