Smackdown Discussion Thread

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought this weeks episode was thoroughly enjoyable, it featured a pretty good 4 on 3 Handicap match main event, Bo Dallas' was amusing and there was some good storyline advancement. However, I don't particularly care for the black Power Ranger type ringwear for Seth Rollins in his match against Kofi.

I don't hate Seth's ring gear but I don't know what I'd replace it with. In the indies and FCW, he was pretty much just "serious Indy guy" so he stuck with the generic pants and kickpads look. If he stayed with or went back to that, hed look like every other mid carder. His time in the Shield means everyone now associates him with the black ops gear, but to stick with that wouldn't be a big enough sign of his split from that team. Plus you've got his Evolution association now which means you'd need something that looked smart in a lineup with HHH and Orton. What he's got now is probably the happiest medium, and I do like that it kind of reminds me of Hunter's early gear.

Hated the Kofi match though. I know we are in the moves vs moves era, but the last thing Seth needed while trying to solidify his place alongside the main eventers was to break a sweat against a mid card anchor like Kingston.

Wyatt did beat Bryan clean at Royal Rumble though, so a rematch for the title at Summerslam would be quite something...

I quite like this idea, Bryan vs Bray is the right sort of match for a Big 4 ppv and with me being a big fan of WWE in the year 2000 I see no problem with the feud being revisited albeit with higher stakes this time around.

• Paid Members
(Seth Rollins) he's already boring the fuck out of me on the mic and I hope that Ambrose steam rolls over him.

Yeah, Rollins has this very odd, nervous, non threatening voice that absolutely nobody will be taking seriously. It's odd.

• Paid Members
(Seth Rollins) he's already boring the fuck out of me on the mic and I hope that Ambrose steam rolls over him.

Yeah, Rollins has this very odd, nervous, non threatening voice that absolutely nobody will be taking seriously. It's odd.

Like John Morrison did, or The Hardys. A great package, but a completely non-threatening voice.

• Paid Members

I'm quite liking Rollins. His delivery is a bit "non threatening" (although, I don't think it's to a point where people will struggle to take him seriously), but it's spot on for his current character. He's a no good heel, that talks a good game but (going by his actions) is not interested in a fight with the other two, in a fair setting. The fact he doesn't sound so sure and cool as Sam Elliott/Roman Reigns sort of adds to that, even if it's not on purpose.

In typing all that, I think a big reason I'm enjoying it all is because Ambrose is really showing what all hype was about. With every promo he's making me desperate to see the pair of them in a fair one on one match.

• Paid Members
I don't get the second MITB match. Unless Rollins is going to be the only participant, how has he benefitted from this?

It's going to be a vehicle to tease Ambrose getting his hands on Rollins, but not quite managing to because of the other bodies involved. At a guess, anyway.

• Paid Members
I don't get the second MITB match. Unless Rollins is going to be the only participant, how has he benefitted from this?

It's going to be a vehicle to tease Ambrose getting his hands on Rollins, but not quite managing to because of the other bodies involved. At a guess, anyway.

Which is fair enough from a tease point of view, but logically what has Seth Rollins as a person gained? Reigns is in the title match and Seth's pissing about for a briefcase. He's hardly been given golden boy privileges here. Could play out differently in the match I guess.

• Paid Members

Which is fair enough from a tease point of view, but logically what has Seth Rollins as a person gained? Reigns is in the title match and Seth's pissing about for a briefcase. He's hardly been given golden boy privileges here. Could play out differently in the match I guess.

Randy Orton has got the golden boy privileges. Trips made a point of introducing Seth as the future of the WWE. Orton is the present, Rollins is the future, hence the two matches being made for them by Trips.

Thought Smackdown was really good this week!

The opening Authority promo set up nice dissension between Orton and Rollins, which is logical given the circumstances. The main event with Reigns vs Kane was nothing special, but the Kane/Orton stuff at the end was good. I don't recall ever seeing the situation before where one person in the Money in the Bank match was there just to help another person in the match. Interesting dynamic, and Reigns is looking beastly in the build to this.

Ambrose was on good form again. Him and Rollins are setting up a nice little feud.

The divas feud at the moment is quite engaging too. Alicia Fox must have gotten some of the higher-ups interested in womens storylines, because the Naomi/Cameron falling out and chasing the title is good stuff. Pretty much all of the divas on the roster are crap at the wrestling and acting, but Naomi is a good babyface. Cameron using the codebreaker for a one count was odd.

Thtardutht is the most fun Cody Rhodeth has been since he lost the mask.

Big E and Rusev had a nice little angle. Rusev's grown on me loads over the last month.

I liked the precedent/president exchange with JBL and Cole. I enjoy the petty little bickering the commentators do.

Is there any word on Barrett yet?

• Paid Members
The opening Authority promo set up nice dissension between Orton and Rollins, which is logical given the circumstances. The main event with Reigns vs Kane was nothing special, but the Kane/Orton stuff at the end was good. I don't recall ever seeing the situation before where one person in the Money in the Bank match was there just to help another person in the match. Interesting dynamic, and Reigns is looking beastly in the build to this.

Agree with all of this. They did a fab job of setting up the top end of the ladder matches. I loved the shots of Orton celebrating at the end with Kane in the background. That was great foreshadowing I thought.

I bloody love Dean Ambrose. I really hope they can keep him and Rollins away from the usual midcard merry-go-round once this angle is over.

Love the Uso's too. They've been brilliant this past year with the 6-man Wyatt or Shield tags been in vogue. They can charge out at any time to defend a babyface and set up a 6-man. And it's always logical because they've had an on/off rivalry with the others all year.

Big E and Rusev had a nice little angle. Rusev's grown on me loads over the last month.

Like Rusev too. It's wrestling 101. Repetition, repetition, repetition. Establish gimmick. Squash. Establish gimmick. Squash. Establish gimmick. Squash. Capitalising on the yanks natural xenophobia.

What helps massively though is that Rusev is really good in the ring. In short bursts anyway. Be interesting to see if he progresses as things get more demanding.

Archived