The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

Lowest rated Raw of th year apparently. Not a great vote of confidence for the King of the Ring. Be interesting to see if it rebounds next week considering how positive the feedback on this one was.

One other interesting thing was that the third hour beat th first hour which I think is a pretty rare occurrence. That seems to suggest that either they did a good job of getting a buzz going that got people to tune in or something else occupied people at the start.

while not over-aggravating the anti-Cena lot who have seen him with the World title one too many times

Is anyone still complaining about that? He's held the big titles for 8 months of the last 4 years. He's had a load of runs but they're almost always short.

He's held it more times than anybody except Flair hasn't he? I can see why that might annoy some fans

• Paid Members

while not over-aggravating the anti-Cena lot who have seen him with the World title one too many times

Is anyone still complaining about that? He's held the big titles for 8 months of the last 4 years. He's had a load of runs but they're almost always short.

He's held it more times than anybody except Flair hasn't he? I can see why that might annoy some fans

That's just modern wrestling practice of switching the thing all the time. Cena's 15 reigns combined don't total Hogan's first run and are years short of Backlund's run and Sammartino's first one. Sammartino's second run beats it too.

Flair was champ in NWA/WCW/WWF for around 3700 days over 16/17/18 runs. Cena totals about 1400 over 15 runs. Far less than half. 

To put it another way, Cena has been on top of WWE for 10 years and spent 3 and 3/4 years as champ. Hogan was on top for 9 years and spent 6 years as champ. Massively exaggerated "dominance".

That's just modern wrestling practice of switching the thing all the time. Cena's 15 reigns combined don't total Hogan's first run and are years short of Backlund's run and Sammartino's first one. Sammartino's second run beats it too.

Flair was champ in NWA/WCW/WWF for around 3700 days over 16/17/18 runs. Cena totals about 1400 over 15 runs. Far less than half. 

To put it another way, Cena has been on top of WWE for 10 years and spent 3 and 3/4 years as champ. Hogan was on top for 9 years and spent 6 years as champ. Massively exaggerated "dominance".

Cena is on TV every week though and at the PPV every month.

He's spent much longer on TV than Hogan ever did in his Hulkamania run.

• Paid Members

That's due to the current industry though, the two are incomparable. Dolph Ziggler has been on TV much longer than Hogan during his Hulkamania run. JTG probably has, too.

• Paid Members

Is Sami Zayn going to be part of the main roster now? Seems to be the consensus in here but wasn't the impression I got at all, figured it'd be similar to that deal where Flairs daughter had a match in Charlotte. He's still feuding with people down in NXT.

• Paid Members

I thought it was a one-off, to promote the NXT special and also milk the Montreal crowd. That's how it came across anyway. To be honest it probably won't be long until he makes the jump, there can't be much left for him in NXT.

Also, how many times was Cena either in the main event as challenger, or being pushed as more important than the champion?

I like Cena, but to pretend he hasn't been the complete and only focus of the company for the great majority of his career is a bit silly just because he didn't have the belt.

Also, how many times was Cena either in the main event as challenger, or being pushed as more important than the champion?

I like Cena, but to pretend he hasn't been the complete and only focus of the company for the great majority of his career is a bit silly just because he didn't have the belt.

Remember when Cena was taken out of the limelight at Mania 28 so Jericho and Punk could headline for the belt?

• Paid Members

Is Sami Zayn going to be part of the main roster now? Seems to be the consensus in here but wasn't the impression I got at all, figured it'd be similar to that deal where Flairs daughter had a match in Charlotte. He's still feuding with people down in NXT.

Meltzer on the post-RAW Observer Radio seemed to think this was his promotion to the main roster, with them giving him the initial rub from Cena similar to the initial rub Cena got from Kurt Angle when he first came in.

I'm imagining he'll lose one more time to Kevin Owens at the next Takeover event and then be on RAW and Smackdown exclusively.

I hope that's the case, anyway. He's too good to be wasting a big chunk of his career in NXT. Even if this was his main roster promotion there would still be an argument that it could have happened a lot sooner.