The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

I'd like to see them use WWE Legends as Special Guest Referees a bit more too.  And managers - I know they're out of fashion, but Flair makes a good manager, as would Bob Orton, Shawn Michaels, etc.

Flair can't be trusted with a live mic, so the most he will do is accompany Charlotte to the ring occasionally (which he already does.) Bob already did a bit with Randy, which ended badly with The Undertaker. Randy doesn't need him any more and it wouldn't make sense putting him with anyone else. Michaels would just overshadow whoever he was managing making it pointless.

It's not a bad idea, you just picked crap examples

Edited by UK Kat Von D

• Paid Members

And managers - I know they're out of fashion, but Flair makes a good manager, as would Bob Orton, Shawn Michaels, etc.

To be fair, that's something they've improved on over the past couple of years- what with Heyman, Zeb Coulter and Lana.

Edit: I realise you probably mean old wrestlers as managers, fair enough. Other than Zeb

Edited by PunkStep

Weirdly looking forward to The Ascensions debut tonight, even though I've never been their biggest fans in NXT. Actually much preferred them when Kenneth Cameron was teaming with Konnor.

However they're an interesting blend of Kronik, LOD & Demolition and they'll be something new on the main roster and to the non-existent tag division. Appears the only people they can go against is the Uso's considering other legit teams the Dust Bro's and Kidd & Cesaro (now going by The Masters of the WWE Universe) are both heel.

Apart from that I'm looking forward to the best time of year - The Road to WrestleMania. Be interesting to see if they stick with Roman. As much as I want him to succeed (and think he will eventually) I think it could be a mistake to catapult him right now when he's just not ready. Going to be an interesting Royal Rumble.

Catching up on recorded Raws.

Just so we're clear, what is the difference between a Street Fight, an Extreme Rules match and a No Holds Barred contest?

Nothing much these days really. I always got the impression that No holds barred would originally have been about strangles/rope breaks/illegal moves being ok but weapons not so DQs can happen. No DQ, obvious with Street Fight being an name to promote it more than anything. Extreme Rules was hardcore matches so weapons are encouraged. Cant remember if Extreme Rules had falls anywhere. 

Apart from if falls count anywhere they are all the same now really