The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

She is like a fine wine and seems to be getting older with age which is unusual for those in the wrestling business.

It's not unusual for anyone.

I think every single person on the planet gets older with age, nevermind just the people in the wrestling business.

Except Mean Gene!

• Paid Members

Well that Raw was definitely something wasn't it? Lucky crowd got to witness 3 returns, a title change, a title vacation, a fake cash-in and a load of new feuds start. Great Raw, felt like a post-Wrestlemania one.

• Paid Members

A jam packed Raw, that's more like it. I have no idea why, but I cannot stand AJ Lee in the slightest, I find her completely irritating and not in a heel heat I want to see her lose way, a complete fuck off way.

Jericho and his shit tattoos can do one as well. Shame about Barrett, hope this doesn't kill his momentum and thank god they're not going with an Ambrose/Kane program... and I still love Bo.

Edited by WWFChilli

• Paid Members

She doesn't seem out of place, I'd actually say she fits in too well. She's just another new Diva inserted into the mix who happens to be British and very pale being what makes her seem different. The anti-diva gimmick that people go on about just doesn't exist in my eyes, because they have done nothing to really accentuate whatever that character trait is meant to be. In fact both Paige and the writers really haven't done much on TV to really differentiate her, other than she just looks a bit different.

Edited by WWFChilli

• Paid Members

I don't think it's necessarily a question of Paige having not worked out, but she's been given very little to work with, and has essentially been a one dimensional character. Poor creative more so than poor performance for me

Edited by mim731

One of the biggest problems I think is in Creative. The writers are placing what I believe too much hope on things that are over in NXT getting instantly over in the main show. It's all about "knowing your audience", something which they don't seem to be doing too well.

I don't think it's necessarily a question of Paige having not worked out, but she's been given very little to work with, and has essentially been a one dimensional character. Poor creative more so than poor performance for me

What is Paige's character? From what I've seen, basically no promos or hype videos, and the best the commentators can do is rag on her complexion. All she does is go out and wrestle. She's so underdeveloped that saying she has a one dimensional character is overstating it.

Jerry Lawler doesn't seem to think Paige is underdeveloped, though:

Lawler-Paige-620x350.jpg

• Paid Members

AJ is over because they spent 18 months shoving her into big angles. She was Raw GM for a while, Bryan's girlfriend during his first Heavyweight title run and then was the focal point of a Kane/Bryan/Punk angle, where all three men were made to look like berks because they spent their time fawning over some jailbait-looking nutter.

Paige hasn't had anything like that, other than wrestling in matches nobody cares about and delivering a couple of awful promos, that made her seem like a bit of a cow. Getting her away from the Diva title and into some proper "Sports Entertainment" angles with the fellas may do her some good. Although, it's maybe just a case of Paige not being all that good. She's only going to get a few chances before WWE move on. I don't rate AJ, but she has managed to become the girl secret nonces think of when rubbing one off, so she's doing something right.

Anyway, Raw was a treat.

The Cena exchange with The Authority was great fun. Triple H and Stephanie were out there to goof and take the piss, but John boy wasn't having any of it. Wigger H needs another outing next week.

I'm pleased Jericho is back and even more chuffed we're getting Jericho v the Wyatt Family. The Miz can piss off, though.

It looks like the company is trying their hardest to crawl out the slump they were in a couple of months ago.

What I think is really bad about the situation is that with Paige winning it and the AJ fucking off to get married and then her losing it on AJ's return show it makes it looks like she literally was the caretaker for it whilst AJ was away. Would it have hurt to have had a bit of a stand-off and a build-up to a match at say Battleground later this month? I hate to say it but I can't see what they can do with Paige now.

• Paid Members
I hate to say it but I can't see what they can do with Paige now.

I've not seen it as yet, but was this not a double turn, with Paige going heel? That is how it reads, but I don't know if that's how it came across on TV?

I hate to say it but I can't see what they can do with Paige now.

I've not seen it as yet, but was this not a double turn, with Paige going heel? That is how it reads, but I don't know if that's how it came across on TV?

Yeah, thats how I read it. Paige is better suited as a heel and her 'this is my house now' showboating along with the crowds reluctance to boo AJ seems to be the way they are going. Hopefully, Paige is now going to be given the chance to show some personality.