The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Moderators
If you're deliberately trying to troll the smarks/IWC/hardcores/Bryan fans/whatever you call them, I can't think of anything better in 2014 than "It's OK, he'll be working with Sheamus at WrestleMania, so you know they'll get a decent amount of time and have a great match."

I'm not trolling anyone. I thought their series was the highlight of 2011 or 2012. I forget which. I'd be happy watching them go full bore again. All the crying about Bryan's making me go off him a bit, to be honest. At least as a top guy anyway.

• Paid Members
Can't see any Coronation St fans organising petitions because Dev Alahan's character is being given the Zack Ryder treatment while Roy Cropper is being given a big singles push after his barber shop window moment with Hayley.

It has happened though, the outrage at Ronnie Mitchell's baby stealing ways being a recent example.

If you're deliberately trying to troll the smarks/IWC/hardcores/Bryan fans/whatever you call them, I can't think of anything better in 2014 than "It's OK, he'll be working with Sheamus at WrestleMania, so you know they'll get a decent amount of time and have a great match."

I'm not trolling anyone. I thought their series was the highlight of 2011 or 2012. I forget which. I'd be happy watching them go full bore again. All the crying about Bryan's making me go off him a bit, to be honest. At least as a top guy anyway.

I read some comments about raw somewhere else and someone literally complained that the fans weren't acting as they should at the start of the show because they weren't being smarky about the Bryan thing. That just makes Bryan even less sympathetic, especially when the guy calls his negative fans the yes movement.

Can't see any Coronation St fans organising petitions because Dev Alahan's character is being given the Zack Ryder treatment while Roy Cropper is being given a big singles push after his barber shop window moment with Hayley.

It has happened though, the outrage at Ronnie Mitchell's baby stealing ways being a recent example.

I also remember Derdrie Barlow being sent to prision being a big enough injustice to make it to the front page of The Mirror! Oh the shame!!

• Paid Members

I meant if WWE creative were doing the trolling. It must be tempting to promote that match again, move it to the pre-show at the last minute, have a double dq after a couple of minutes after a run in, have the pre-game show end with them announcing they'll wrestle on the PPV after all and this time with "must be a winner" stips, then have Sheamus win in 18 seconds.

• Moderators

I also remember Derdrie Barlow being sent to prision being a big enough injustice to make it to the front page of The Mirror! Oh the shame!!

Yeah, the soap thing doesn't work as an analogy at all, and nothing really does, because wrestling is such a unique form of entertainment/business. Here's the best I've got:

As they've got the monopoly on things, think of WWE as Hollywood. What's happening now, or other times when fans have kicked up a stink about booking, is like when a studio takes a really interesting, well received smaller film and buries it on hardly any screens, shoves it out straight to DVD, or takes it from the director and re-cuts it. It makes fuck all money, which gets blamed on the director, stars, writer; who have to work their way back up from scratch, or never work again; and even on the genre. "Cancel the greenlight on that time-travel flick -- those don't sell right now." And it certainly won't get any sequels. That's Daniel Bryan.

Cena is Transformers 4. It's guaranteed to make a fuck load of money and shift tons of toys from its target audience of children, but the budget and promotional costs are so huge, five smaller, more risky, original films that could have filled that spot, and made new stars or franchises, never get made. Randy Orton's R.I.P.D. He gets the big opening, the expensive actors, the huge budget, but is really dull, and doesn't make any money because nobody wants to see it. Despite this, many similar films will bomb every summer, from now until forever, because nobody ever learns.

Batista is Die Hard 4, a once-entertaining an old favourite getting wheeled out for another go, because more people will watch than won't, even though it's not a shade on the earlier ones. Each of these films come out at the expense of Daniel Bryan, whose director has currently been locked out of the editing room, who's hitting iTunes before a small theatrical run. People complain because it's obvious the system is fucking up, regardless of whether or not "whining fans don't know shit." After Earth bombed, you say? Stop throwing money at M. Night Shyamalan, then, because everyone saw it coming.

Probably doesn't work, I had a go.

I wonder if they're giving Punk time off. I'd hope until the night after Elimination Chamber at least, so it gives him a few weeks to get refreshed and change his awful look.

Knowing WWE, they'll just shoehorn him into the Chamber match for no apparent reason or any real need.

• Paid Members
As they've got the monopoly on things, think of WWE as Hollywood. What's happening now, or other times when fans have kicked up a stink about booking, is like when a studio takes a really interesting, well received smaller film and buries it on hardly any screens, shoves it out straight to DVD, or takes it from the director and re-cuts it. It makes fuck all money, which gets blamed on the director, stars, writer; who have to work their way back up from scratch, or never work again; and even on the genre. "Cancel the greenlight on that time-travel flick -- those don't sell right now." And it certainly won't get any sequels. That's Daniel Bryan.

Daniel Bryan is Serenity?

Although it's worth bearing in mind that Joss Whedon went on to do The Avengers...

• Paid Members
Screw Daniel Bryan. He loses at the rumble and then comes out and whines about not being in a match he was never announced as being in to try and sulk his way into a title match.

Give over. The fans are frustrated and their hero was essentially sharing that frustration. When the Authority said it was to protect him, he called bullshit and explained why it was exactly that (kayfabe), and then squared up to HHH himself and dared him to sort it out. He looked great and they addressed it well.

Edited by Fatty Facesitter

Screw Daniel Bryan. He loses at the rumble and then comes out and whines about not being in a match he was never announced as being in to try and sulk his way into a title match.

Give over. The fans are frustrated and their hero was essentially sharing that frustration. When the Authority said it was to protect him, he called bullshit and explained why it was exactly that (kayfabe), and then squared up to HHH himself and dared him to sort it out. He looked great and they addressed it well.

And sulking his way into big matches worked out great for Hogan on occasion

He lost his last match and then thinks he should walk onto a title match because he whines? Maybe if he'd have called Orton out and beaten him up or something. But he thought he was deserving of a world title match because the fans chanted his name a bit? He didn't even get screwed out of the rumble, he wasn't ever in it!

And Hogan made the company a truck load of cash, he had every right to sulk his way into matches if he wanted to.

Edited by Vamp

• Paid Members

I agree they made Bryan a somewhat whiney babyface last night, him Sheamus and Cena being so made up to win by DQ made them look like utter dickheads too.

You're overstating the "he's moaning about not being in a match he wasn't in/advertised for" thing though, they covered that pretty well by saying he'd kept asking and the authority refused. Maybe he should have kicked up more of a fuss though if he was so arsed.