The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

21 minutes ago, wooly said:

The match between lesnar and strowman will end up with lesnar still as champ and Lesnar will carry the belt to wrestlemania and drop it to maybe Reigns. Strowman won't get pinned it will end up with a countout/DQ  result. for lesner. If Strowman does get pinned it will just kill all his momentum. Hopefully after NO MERCY they will book Strowman right and maybe put him with Reigns for a program and not lose him in the shuffle. 

Ignoring the sheer lack of grammar, a couple of things:

You really see Lesnar/Reigns at WM? Personally I think it's much more likely to be nearer to a Lesnar/Braun rubber match, or Cena/Braun (c) for the title. I think if they continue to book Braun as a proper monster, as they have, with a title win at maybe Survivor Series, or even the Rumble match (dreams of flying midcarders and cruiserweights), he can go into Mania as champ vs Cena, or the title shot vs Lesnar in something gimmicky (Last Man Standing, 3 stages of Hell, lumberjack).

There is a good chance No Mercy won't end clean, be it a no contest stoppage, double countout or Lesnar retained from Heyman interference, but it's ridiculous to say that a pinfall loss would kill Braun's momentum. Part of me would love to see Braun go apeshit on Raw and just rampage on everyone (more flying midcarders and cruisers), to keep him fresh when Lesnar isn't around. Just not Reigns, that would "kill all his momentum" in a segment.

It doesn't matter how Braun is booked, whether consistent with his recent booking or not, by Halloween fans will suddenly start turning on him accusing him of being green etc.

The same things he's currently heralded for, are what the fans will start to swipe at him for when WWE push him as the guy of the moment.

• Paid Members

So based off typical Wooly we're going with either a Strowman win by pinball or stoppage (could Heyman throw a towel in if Lesnar is getting obliterated but won't quit?) or by count out so that Lesnar keeps the title, before someone takes the title to Mania to face Cena while Reigns is nowhere near the title picture?

In all seriousness Strowman winning and Cena getting his record reign in his final match at Mania (something tells me with his movie schedule he could be ready to wind down) and retire as the greatest of all time after beating the unstoppable Braun Strowmna would be fitting. Reigns at Mania I geneuinely can see being the odd man out in an Indy mark dream match of Ambrose/Rollins/Reigns vs Cole/Fish/O'Reilly unless they plan to keep them in NXT for longer than I assume. 

Lesnar though is the odd man out in all of this with no real booking plan, maybe a Joe rematch, maybe Demon Balor, there's nothing really that stands out for him. 

I reckon they'll go with some sort of massive spot and the ref stopping the match saying neither guy can continue. I'm not saying that it's perfect, but I think that's what will happen to avoid either man having to lose in any way, then do a gimmick match (Last Man Standing maybe?) at Survivor Series 

I don't think that will close the show either, I'm fully expecting Reigns v Cena to have the main event spot, so it also avoids ending the show on a no contest

Clear as day they are going with Brock/Reigns at Mania.

I'm struggling to see what Strowman does for the rest of the year though if he isn't Champion, no Brock, no Cena, they can't put him back with Reigns just yet, I fully expect that to resurface after Mania next year.

Suppose they could put him with Balor, or the Hardys or something. Such a comedown though.

• Paid Members

Strowman is very much like Joe was leading into his match with Brock this past Summer. He's not in the plans, but fuck me, they need to change those plans. He's got so much momentum that anything other than giving him the belt will be a huge disappointment. You felt it in the air when Brock pinned Joe and you'll feel it again if Braun doesn't leave with the belt. After years and years of guys not having it, Strowman is the second guy in a couple of months who has delivered far beyond expectations, he's truly clicking with the fans, smart and casual alike, and he'd look the fucking business holding that belt. I really hope they've learnt from the Goldberg experiment, which was one of the best things they've done this decade. Have Braun destroy Brock, win the belt, then air vignettes of Brock training for his comeback every week, all the way until the Royal Rumle, culminating with Brock winning the Rumvle and getting his rematch at Mania. In the meantime Strowman beats everyone clean in devastating fashion. Awesome.

Edited by Supremo
spelling

30 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Strowman is very much like Joe was leading into his match with Brock this past Summer. He's not in the plans, but fuck me, they need to change those plans. He's got so much momentum that anything other than giving him the belt will be a huge disappointment. You felt it in the air when Brock pinned Joe and you'll feel it again if Braun doesn't leave with the belt. After years and years of guys not having it, Strowman is the second guy in a couple of months who has delivered far beyond expectations, he's truly clicking with the fans, smart and casual alike, and he'd look the fucking business holding that belt. I really hope they've learnt from the Goldberg experiment, which was one of the best things they've done this decade. Have Braun destroy Brock, win the belt, then air vignettes of Brock training for his comeback every week, all the way until the Royal Rumle, culminating with Brock winning the Rumvle and getting his rematch at Mania. In the meantime Strowman beats everyone clean in devastating fashion. Awesome.

If there was ever anything that won't happen, it's this.

Would be brilliant though.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Supremo said:

Have Braun destroy Brock, win the belt, then air vignettes of Brock training for his comeback every week, all the way until the Royal Rumle, culminating with Brock winning the Rumvle and getting his rematch at Mania. In the meantime Strowman beats everyone clean in devastating fashion. Awesome.

That's great. It also creates an environment wheeby if Strowman is doing well, you can have someone screw Lesnar out of the Royal Rumble and set-up a WrestleMania match. Strowman could then beat Reigns and hold off the Lesnar match for SummerSlam. By then, I think it'd be huge. All irrelevent though, they won't divert from the plan.

I know they've changed plans for WrestleMania itself fairly late in the day a couple of times over the last few years, but the booking of each of the last Summer/Autumn periods has felt really hamstrung by the plans for the following year's Mania. There's a few people who've briefly burned brightly who would've been given a chance with the belt in a different era, but who were instead allowed to cool off rather than disrupt the Mania plans.

A world title win doesn't guarantee that a guy won't lose momentum, like. But there are a couple of obvious examples (Ryback in 2011, Ambrose in 2015, Strowman now) where a red hot babyface just hit a wall when it became obvious that their title chase was for nowt. It conditions the fans not to get behind future challengers too, all very counter-productive.

I'm thinking we'll get a DQ finish due to Samoa Joe.
Joe believes that he should be the one to slay "the beast", and costs Strowman the championship.
This results in a month or two of Joe vs. Strowman for a title shot, whilst Brock sits at home.

Edited by MFrV1

7 hours ago, Shy Dad said:

You know I could be on board with that for sure. Would only really need one PPV before Survivor Series too wouldn't it to build a three way maybe? 

After next Sunday Brock's next PPV is the Rumble isn't it?

Edited by The King of Old School

• Paid Members

Honestly, overlooked he only does select PPV's. It's not the most ideal situation. Trying to work the RAW landscape out is a mess for the title at times, at least SmackDown has some fluidity to it all. Pretty sure I can work out where that's going for the next few months.