The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

The Sasha promo was awful I thought. Mark Henry this was not. Add that to The Shining Stars beating Enzo and Cass, Stephanie and Foley's awkward, bad segments. Darren Young and Jinder, Braun Strowman can't beat Sin Cara without using a countout, The New Day/Doc and Gallows segment that is still going on, Nia Jax and Alicia Fox. This was a really poor show, only held together by some good promos and matches involving Jericho, Rollins, Owens and Zayn. But there was just so much bad to wade through this week to get the good bits.

That Alicia Fox segment is the worst thing I've seen in a long time, and for too many reasons to count, but top of the list was her appearing to step out of character with genuine remorse after accidentally clipping Nia's face with an errant box that she'd aimlessly flung (to prove how angry and fierce she was). If Nia hadn't have shoved her at that point, I'm convinced Alicia would have completely forgotten about the live camera and asked if she was okay, reaching for a tissue to lick in case any paper cuts needed wiping.

Alicia's pretty good at summoning a tantrum on cue, but she's never known what to do with it, and it always fizzles out into awkward embarrassment even when things like that don't happen.

While I'm having a moan, I'll add that Bo Dallas becoming a jobber squasher overnight is just a reset too far. I'm all for Heath Slater becoming a big deal, and for Braun Strowman gaining new focus with his '80s monster routine, but it's a little too sharp a turnaround for Dallas and I can't buy it. I know they're probably going for something slightly different in the long term, but it feels like an insult thus far.

The Old Day stuff was interminable, but I won't harp on about that.

Things I liked:

- Jericho's line that everyone's mentioned already

- The closing line of Foley and Steph's backstage segement

- Owens putting the smarks in their place

- Charlotte's buddy putting Sasha out of her misery

Sorry, guess I strayed back towards passive negativity there. Wasn't a great episode overall.

• Paid Members

While I'm having a moan, I'll add that Bo Dallas becoming a jobber squasher overnight is just a reset too far.

Nah, nobody squashing jobbers is too far. Jobbers exist to show the regular guys, however big a scrub you think they are, are all "superstars". This was perfectly acceptable. He'll be jobbing to Strowman himself in a month.

• Paid Members

Except Bo Dallas has the worst physique in the business and a crap finisher.

Nia Jax gets worse every week she appears. Her finisher is awful and she struggles to even do it.

Edited by FelatioLips

• Paid Members

Except what? He's a regular roster member so it applies. I'm with you, he's rubbish but it's not the point. 

Yeah but his Dad's a long time wrestler and agent for WWE so any short comings with his physique or drunken behaviour on a plane will be overlooked and he'll get a push because wrestling

A push? You do know who he is, right? He's never had anything resembling a push. And I can see why.

Edited by tiger_rick

Is Owens a good heel now?

The crowd were chanting for him and he got them all to boo him instead or is he still a shit heel because he might do a moonsault every now and then.

Nobody's going to say Austin was a bad heel because he was still getting cheers in 2001. Some heels are too respected to get persistent boos, especially now fans seem to care less about roles and just voice what they want. Sasha is a very well respected babyface and even then, we were able to hear some tit heckling her every word for whatever reason this week. They also chucked him straight in with Cena in his first main roster programme and that has a lingering effect on his perception and the new fans he will have gained from that. 

That was a great bit from KO though, reckon there's a fair bit of reality in it when he tears into fans, reminds me of when he went to town on Full Sail a while back and he's since mentioned he didn't particularly enjoy wrestling for that crowd.

Edited by sj5522