The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

Surely Finn's winning the title then? 99% certain he's going to come out as the Demon. Would be pretty shit for him if he showed up as this alternate better Super Finn Balor and then he loses.

Maybe turns up as normal balor, loses, wins rematch down the line with the demon get up?

It raises the question of what to do with Balor between now and SummerSlam.

Do you really want him to be going over the Zayn/Reigns/Rusev for the next few weeks, which will give him credibility but halt their momentum when they need to be building them up as well. Do you give him victories over the next to nothing lot like Dallas/Axel/Sin Cara, which gives increases his momentum but doesn't do a lot for his credibility given he's just beaten Reigns. Do you simply keep him away from the ring for the next few weeks but keep on the show. Or do you go the tried and tested way of putting on great wrestling matches with people with no direction whatsoever at this point with the likes of Jericho/Cesaro/Owens where he'll be made to look great.

I don't know why you'd have to pick only one of those directions. Mix everything up and I think you'd get all the benefits with little or none of the drawbacks. Maybe next week have play a short clip of Finn's great Raw, really brief backstage interview to get a reaction then have him squash Sin Cara in a short but acrobatic match. The week after, run a Balor hype vid and don't have him wrestle, perhaps run a Rollins/Balor angle. Then run a episode long mini feud with Jericho where Balor wins in the main event. Remember the good old days when Raw had episode long story arcs? We had a more wrestling based version of that with the fatal 4 ways + main event this week, but all the things I listed are ways to keep Balor on the show and fresh without burning through all the great matches without reason. You want to save them for PPVs as much as possible.

Finn gets nothing out of a match against somebody like Sin Cara though. When you've just pinned the US champ and former 3 time world champion on the same night, a win over somebody on Sin Cara's level gives you nothing. And an acrobatic match just gives him a higher possibility of injury in a match he doesn't need.

I expect him to face off against Cesaro at least once between now and SummerSlam because that's who they tend to put everybody with in order to make them look as good as possible. And if Sheamus was still running with his problems against the New Era stars, then that could be an episode long feud for him. Maybe a contract signing on the go-home show after they unveil the new title .

Edited by Jackpot

Doesn't Finn always come out as the demon for the big matches? I always thought it was just a question of logistics with if it's worth the effort of doing the get up.

Edited by Gay as FOOK

• Paid Members

It's just dawned on me we'll be getting Rollins v Balor promo battles too. Both men have a grand habit of talking me out of their matches.

Anyway, I'm in favour of Balor getting screwed out the belt at Summer Slam, which eventually leads to him becoming the Demon for the blow off match with Rollins, where he rips through him in impressive fashion (they'll probably just have their normal match, but Balor wins - who wants stories). We've all moaned about the Demon being a bit of hollow gimmick and I think they should save it for when Balor fancies going "I think you know him. His name is Cactus Jack" on the heels. Make it special and that. It's the only real interesting thing about Balor, but he and they sort of killed it on NXT. All it turned into was a cool entrance.

Edited by ColinBollocks

• Paid Members

He wasn't on the draft show on Smackdown.

As for Raw, as mentioned, he only does the full down demon gimmick for big matches, ala Takeover and now perhaps big PPV bouts. Seems silly having him do the big entrance just to have him then stand on the stage for an announcement of a couple of matches. Made sense not to chuck it in straight away, too. He can tease doing his entrance now like he did in NXT.

Thought it strange that Balor didnt have a dramatic entrance last week on the Draft show on Smackdown! Found it even stranger that he debuted by standing on the ramp with everyone else. The only minor criticism of how they brought him in though.

Unless I missed him at the start of the show he didn't actually appear on the ramp until his name was called though did he? so he still had that slightly dramatic entrance and pop when he was announced as the final guy and made his way through the guys to the front as they all parted to let him through.

• Paid Members

Thought it strange that Balor didnt have a dramatic entrance last week on the Draft show on Smackdown! Found it even stranger that he debuted by standing on the ramp with everyone else. The only minor criticism of how they brought him in though.

Unless I missed him at the start of the show he didn't actually appear on the ramp until his name was called though did he? so he still had that slightly dramatic entrance and pop when he was announced as the final guy and made his way through the guys to the front as they all parted to let him through.

I assume he was there but cleverly hidden. Nicely done I thought.

• Paid Members

In your opinion, how do they follow last Monday? They've set-up the SummerSlam match between Finn and Rollins, they've obviously no world champ at the moment so I'd imagine there'll be a lot of disappointment when it's back to normal service on Monday.

Yeah they kind of shot there load in one night there. The Balor/Reigns match would have been something to look forward to this week I think.

I'd probably use this week for some character development on Roman to be honest, although I suspect it'll just be the normal routine and he'll end up facing Jericho or someone at Summerslam.

Yeahhhh I can easily see now that you say that weeks of Jericho going "they don't like you, huh Reigns? you're not the guy you were meant to be, huh Reigns? you angry, Reigns? You angry?" as most of the crowd continue to piss on Reigns and cheer Jericho.

• Paid Members

They won't top Monday, but all I want is an interesting hook that makes me want to tune in the week after. As Smackdown showed us, they don't mind being lazy, so I'm not sure we'll get that. 

Lesnar is back, which is something. Plus, Enzo.