The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

What is there that's any good from Austin's career that wasn't covered in the games with the attitude mode and the 30 Years of WrestleMania mode? Unless they're putting Savio Vega and Marc Mero in, it's pretty much a washout until his feud with Bret. And everything major from WrestleMania 13 to 15 was done in the game a couple of years back, so that'll be repeats. That was his heyday. After that, there's the Corporate Ministry feud and then coming back in 2000 to batter Rikishi and Triple H... WrestleMania 17 (which was done in the game after the attitude one)... Then more matches with Undertaker and Kane... A lot of the Alliance stuff would have to be skipped/butchered to keep the likes of Kurt Angle out, and then it's onto feuding with Booker T and the nWo. 

Looking back at this weeks Raw it really seemed like Heyman was well out of his comfort zone on the mic trying to be a convincing babyface all of a sudden. Sure you can see their reasons for turning Brock but Heyman should always play the cunt. I think his promos are gonna suffer going forward. It looks a bit cringe seeing someone like Heyman trying to get a couple of cheap pops from the crowd. It's just not him.

I didn't think he was particularly bad, as far as Heyman promos go. He's vastly overrated by the majority but compared to his usual stuff this was par for the course. Don't think he expected the crowd to react so negatively to his Undertaker comments. He'd be stupid to alter his promo style now that he and Lesnar are officially babyface as he's been getting mostly face pops for years.

• Paid Members

Haven't they simply put Austin on the front simply down to the success 2K had with Jordan on the front of their NBA franchise? And they think it'll be a similar trend for wrestling?

• Paid Members

I thought the whole reason Austin was on the new WWE game cover was because its the 2K16 as in Austin 316 so just trying to cash in on that idea.

It'll be Rob Feinstein's turn in two years then.

Another largely missable show. I'm sure if lived in the states, sat down with a couple of beers and a takeaway on a Monday night with some pals then Raw would be a fairly easy watch but when you've recorded it, the temptation to sit through another Barrett/Truth match, etc is very, very low.

US contenders triple threat - Everything around this title is gold right now. This was fantastic. Rusev looked like a beast again. With having to face Cena after going through this war - he's still the most sympathetic babyface on the roster. Props to the crowd for chanting "USA" at the Bulgarian but going mental to for the Swiss! Bigger props to a referee who didn't try to enforce a rope break in a triple threat! Hope this leads to a fatal four way between this lot.

Introducing the NXT Divas was a nice surprise. Some sloppy shit from the usual crew but the three new girls came across like stars and the division needs this shot in the arm. Advice though, it's not a proper NXT invasion if you don't smash the place up. Maybe consider that next time?

That Neville vs. Stardust graphic was brilliant.

World title stuff is a bit meh. It's nice to see Lesnar kicking arse and Paul E. did fine but Seth Rollins just can't overcome that Authority stink. Hopefully the debut of Wheelchair Kane next week can turn this thing around. I jest of course. It's awful. Bin The Authority and have Seth surround himself with three big bastard dudes people can get behind.

How utterly inconsequential is Randy Orton right now? Madness.

Edited by tiger_rick

The NXT Divas coming up was very well done. Thought they would have gone with them together but it looks like there are going to be three factions. They looked like stars especially Sasha Banks  :wub: . Felt as close to a Nexus moment as we are ever going to get.

The US title stuff is excellent. The 3 way was brilliant, particularly when Owens walked, Cesaro and Rusev was great. Actually got pissed off when Owens interfered, in that moment forgot all about him and thought Rusev had Cena beat. Never thought there'd be a day when Im enjoying the US Title scene more than any other belt/division.

Everything else was just there. 

Does Ryback not do the shellshock anymore?

Foley is happy clearly, more than tears of joy, probably 

I'm a 3X @WWE Champion...and I just shed tears of joy for @SashaBanksWWE @MsCharlotteWWE @BeckyLynchWWE & #WomensWrestling #RAW

https://twitter.com/RealMickFoley/status/620763512353214467

Edited by Cobra1000