The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

I don't get the whole JBL commentary on The Ascension's match. I get that they have looked shit and unimpressive so far but it should be JBL's job as a commentator to make them look good.

If the creative is just that everyone accepts they're shit, JBL's in on it. There always seem to be one or two lowercard heels that even the heel commentator hates, did he not do the same with 3MB?

I think the internal problem with The Ascension is that the company only realised really late that they'd never be good enough to shake off the "shit LOD rip-off" tag and the new direction is haphazardly trying to use that.

• Paid Members

Have our babyfaces found any balls yet?

I was thinking about the introduction of Rollins into the Rumble main event and it struck me that, by defeating Lesnar and saving the WWE title from a non-defending champion, he can be the hero of the masses. But that would make his Money In The Bank tiny golden briefcase redundant, would it not? So he's either in there to take the pin from Cena so that Lesnar loses without losing, or to do the same job for Lesnar. Either way, they're really booking themselves into a tight corner.

I watched Wrestle Kingdom 9 on Monday and it was a fantastic show. The best thing was the compartmentalisation of the matches: they all made sense because they were all feuds within their own little worlds. And then you have WWE, where the IC and US champs often fight WWE title contenders, or randomly align with WWE Tag Team champions of their face or heel alignment.

With a three-hour show, and a pretty talented roster, they could do this so easily. Pick a bunch of guys to be the IC division, a bunch of guys to be the US division, and a bunch of guys to be on top. Sure, they can occasionally meet, but everything should be booked towards those guys meeting each other. Also, I'd like a Hoss title, please.

I still think we are getting Lesnar/Reigns at Mania tbh. Where that leaves Bryan I'm not sure, maybe Rollins.

There was even talk of a heel Sheamus vs Bryan.

Id kill for Brock/Bryan. If Lesnar leaves after WM and we don't get that match, would be a shame imo.

I still think we are getting Lesnar/Reigns at Mania tbh. Where that leaves Bryan I'm not sure, maybe Rollins.

There was even talk of a heel Sheamus vs Bryan.

Id kill for Brock/Bryan. If Lesnar leaves after WM and we don't get that match, would be a shame imo.

I don't get the whole JBL commentary on The Ascension's match. I get that they have looked shit and unimpressive so far but it should be JBL's job as a commentator to make them look good.

If the creative is just that everyone accepts they're shit, JBL's in on it. There always seem to be one or two lowercard heels that even the heel commentator hates, did he not do the same with 3MB?

I think the internal problem with The Ascension is that the company only realised really late that they'd never be good enough to shake off the "shit LOD rip-off" tag and the new direction is haphazardly trying to use that.

But you can understand him doing it to 3MB because they were pretty much a comedy gimmick anyway. I know the WWE haven't had a good tag division in years, I know they've had good teams but not a whole division. With the Ascension they should have just came out and destroyed anyone and everyone. Say Swagger and Tyson Kidd were having a match then for The Ascension just to come in and beat the crap out of them. I love NXT but there's no mystery anymore when a new guy debuts unless you stay well clear of NXT which is impossible these days. If someone appears on TV it's 'Oh it's him from NXT, bout time he came to the main roster' or 'Oh it's that shitty guy from NXT,'

The smaller one, I've realised he basically looks like Christopher Daniels with warpaint.

I can't believe they've given up on them this quickly.  Obviously in wrestling there always have to be winners and losers, but burying your new talent this quickly is unusual even for WWE.

• Paid Members

There shouldn't be any talent burying though. If they're not as good as others on the roster, then that's for the fans to decide. Not for JBL to tell everyone they're shit during the week they debut.

But you can understand him doing it to 3MB because they were pretty much a comedy gimmick anyway. I know the WWE haven't had a good tag division in years, I know they've had good teams but not a whole division. With the Ascension they should have just came out and destroyed anyone and everyone. Say Swagger and Tyson Kidd were having a match then for The Ascension just to come in and beat the crap out of them.

That's the thing, though -- the change in direction seems to be a realisation that The Ascension wouldn't be convincing in that role. The little fella's been very miscast, and the two of them are fair shit. WWE failing to realise they were shit at the role for the last year (they've had Lego figures in production for months, which almost none of the other NXT wrestlers have, so they were expected to be a big thing quick) but then noticing it immediately after their Raw debut is the headscratcher.

I might be presuming, though, and the angle might be that they begrudgingly convince JBL as they go on.

One thing I found odd about them is that their catchphrase uses one of Wade Barrett's finisher names and nobody seemed to pick up on it when developing the idea, perhaps because he's not been active the last few months. I'd expect either his move to be renamed or them to get a new closing line soon though. Was "welcome to the wasteland" a phrase they used in NXT?

Edited by King Pitcos

Earlier in the thread when I mentioned Lance Storm getting his knickers in a twist because The Ascension promo was disrespectful to Hawk. Looks like Animal also has a problem with it.

Courtesy of nodq.com - http://nodq.com/wwe/422681587.shtml

We noted on Monday night how former WWE star Lance Storm tweeted that he was turning RAW off due to The Ascension mocking The Road Warriors in their promo. Storm was upset because Road Warrior Hawk is no longer with us. 

WWE Hall of Famer Road Warrior Animal (Joe Laurinaitis) posted the following on his Facebook page about The Ascension's promo: 

"The idiots in charge make the call everyone knows how stupid it is to copy icons yet they still do it. Do it in a mocking fashion to get heat I understand do it in a disrespectful way well that's another issue that's low and has no place in the business. 

Where does it end and I usually are just are playing when I comment but this one is a shoot I believe they should have had Me Animal find a team. For some undetected odd reason they don't do it. They missed the boat with Ascention and they missed it when my brother John was in the ring both great times to bring me in and they missed it. 

They need to go to their merchandise numbers today and see we rank up with the main roster on selling merchandise for a reason. 

Oh what a rush."

I honestly have no idea what he's on about. What has merchandise got to do with anything?
Edited by neil is brill

All in all with the Ascension is that the tag team has had far too much nip/tuck with the gimmick. back in 2012 THAT was a tag team worth looking at, great entrance/music, and matches that didn't make them look over powerful. Now what we're going to see with they're eventual first loss is them looking weak after weeks of squashing jobbers.