Let's talk FWA

Herne's Son

On 8/3/2018 at 10:11 PM, Big Benny HG said:

15 years ago today was one FWA's best ever matches: Doug Williams & Jody Fleisch vs. Christopher Daniels & Jonny Storm. It was the all-star tag team main event in the Horwich Leisure Centre near Bolton. Night 2 of the Northern Exposure Tour (of which I attended all 3 nights!). Great show, and a fantastic main event. 

Really memorable weekend, actually, going across the north of England following the wrestling (Morecambe the night before, Cleethorpes the night after, including surprise bonus American Dragon!). I can't believe it's a decade-and-a-half ago!!

I *think* that was my first live wrestling show, thinking about it? You and your bloody airhorn. A new Horwich Leisure Centre has been built next to the old one, which is soon to be demolished.

• Paid Members

Those photos are awesome.

All summer I've been meaning to dig out my FWA VHS collection and digitize them. I still have a working VHS player for now at least but I don't see me hooking it up to my TV many more times. Would be nice to have that old stuff at a click of a button.

1 hour ago, DEF said:

All summer I've been meaning to dig out my FWA VHS collection and digitize them. I still have a working VHS player for now at least but I don't see me hooking it up to my TV many more times. Would be nice to have that old stuff at a click of a button.

If you ever do that hit me up. Would love copies of them. 

• Paid Members

I'm at loose end next week so hopefully we'll sort that out. Out of interest who owns the original FWA shows? Seems a shame they aren't available to buy online on pivotshare or whatever.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, DEF said:

I'm at loose end next week so hopefully we'll sort that out. Out of interest who owns the original FWA shows? Seems a shame they aren't available to buy online on pivotshare or whatever.

From the sounds of it, you do!

• Paid Members
27 minutes ago, Thunderplex said:

From the sounds of it, you do!

Ha, well yeah I might be the only one daft enough to keep all his VHS wrestling tapes but surely someone is the rights owner with the original masters etc.

• Paid Members

I still have the full run of the original Portsmouth TV series on VHS, as well as No Surprises 4, Uprising 1 (pts 1 & 2), Frontiers of Honor (pts 1 & 2), Uprising 2, Vendetta 2003, Hotwired 2003, the Northern Exposure Tour and the Fan Club exclusive tape (despite not being a member of the fan club).  I have a few of the 2004-2005 shows (mainly Morecambe ones) on DVD too, as well as a few individual matches on DVD recorded from the 2004 TWC TV series.

My plan was to do a big rewatch project at one point, during which I would convert them to digital, but just never got round to it. Still want to one day.

I know someone who has a lot of The Wrestling Channel episodes digitally (but are missing a few episodes), and I've already seen some pre-Portsmouth TV stuff (When Thunder Strikes, Evil Intentions etc.) floating around on YouTube, so there's a possibility if it all came together that there is pretty much the entire run...

On 8/22/2018 at 2:10 PM, DEF said:

Trying to add pictures daily....

Flukily found the vhs with the  dirty SANCHEZ clip of flash destorying the mtv SANCHEZ boys. Thought it had been with other tapes in the fire. However turns out it had literally fallen behind the desk and been sitting unseen on the floor behind this whole time.

its up on my YT now

Edited by elisarcabrera

• Paid Members

I haven't seen that in years. In much the same way as I've kept all my wrestling VHS tapes I also have a couple thousand DVDs I'll probably never watch again in the cupboard. One of which is Dirty Sanchez season 1. I'll look for that whilst I'm at it and see if there any more FWA stuff on it.