Game of Thrones - Season EIGHT (No book wankers)

Joffrey was such a brilliant little cunt, I fear the show will feel his loss far more than the various dead Starks. The bit with the little midgets was fantastic and I don't mind admitting I'd have like to have seen Tyrion forced to join in.

RIP King Joff.

pouring-out-liquor.gif

Just clicked on that all three of the Leeches that Stannis and Melissandre burnt are now dead.

Robb Stark, Renly Baratheon and now Joffrey Baratheon.

There wasn't a leech for Renly. The leeches were season three, Renly got ghosted in Season 2

But you're right for the other two.

The third leech was for Balon Greyjoy if I remember rightly, the other pretender to the throne (a far as Stanis is concerned).

I will definitely miss Joff, a great character, played brilliantly well by Jack Gleeson, but I honestly think Ramsey Bolton will pick up where Joff left off and exceed him in many ways.

• Paid Members

I think the show has such an abundance of good characters that even killing of prominent decent characters won't be a major thing. Joff was fantastic, but they'll be fine.

The midget that was meant to portray Renly bumming Loras was the best.

Ahh, my mistake, getting mixed up between the Seasons. Thought I was onto something with that.

Doesn't mean you're not, just that it's currently 2 out of 3 with 8 episodes of the season (and 2 more seasons) left to run.

Of the 5 kings portrayed in the War of the Five Kings skit at the wedding, Stannis & Balon are the only two still alive (Robb, Renly and Joffrey being the dead ones).

Another cracking episode, this season really is shaping up nicely even compared to what we're used to. Even Bran's scene wasn't completely awful.

I would have liked a Jon Snow scene to follow up after last week, but I'll let that slide for the quality Roose Bolton & Bastard stuff that I wasn't expecting. Also, that hunt scene! What an opening scene :thumbsup:

• Paid Members
The woman hunting with Ramsay looked a right sort. Let's hope she gets them out. I've got a funny feeling she will.

It's Game of Thrones, so thankfully, it's a given.

• Awards Moderator
So who is king now?

It'll be Joffrey's little brother, I'd have thought. The boy we saw laughing at the Five Kings skit but then shutting up after looking over at Tyrion. That's the way these things work - if there's no issue ie no sons, then the next eldest brother inherits. That's how Britain does it, at least.

It's something I'd expect to be addressed next week. Someone will have to be king!

Edited by HarmonicGenerator

• Paid Members

The midget who played Renly really looked like him.

There were lots of little bits at the wedding that were just great. Jaime warning Loras about marrying Cersei and Loras's reply. Oleanna and Tywin verbally jousting and Oleanna cutting Mace off before he had chance to say anything. Cersei and Brienne, in fact Cersei and everyone she crossed swords with really. Cersei trying to show she was still the power behind the throne.

• Paid Members
So who is king now?

Tommen is next in the line of succesion, as HG pointed out, he was the kid sat next to Tyrion at the wedding.

O yeah i forgot that everyone else does not know for sure that they are not Roberts kids.

I hope he is as mad as his older brother. Will he even be allowed to rule at his age?