Game of Thrones - Season EIGHT (No book wankers)

• Paid Members
The poison sword stuff rubbed me the wrong way. Just doesn't fit with the way that ol' OB was carrying on during their fight.

I'm suprised at that. They hinted at it earlier in the season, that Oberyn was a master of poisons, even his nickname The Red Viper suggested strongly at it. Loads of people guessed he would poision the blade. It's a smart move, because even in death he would make sure that the Mountain dies.

I'm hoping we get alot more Maegery next year, I missed her in the second half of the season. I love all the Tyrells. Even that little ponce Loras.

Somebody needs to do a video of Brans happy little face when he thought that old tree guy was gonna make him walk again only for him to be told he'd never walk again, followed by loads of homies jumping around saying things like "ooooooooh" and "daaaymn!"

So Stannis to cut a deal with Mance and take 100000 wildlings down to Westeros then?

• Paid Members

I really enjoyed the episode and the way it matched up with the title, The Children. From Jon Snow telling Stannis he was the son of Ned Stark, Tywin Lannister having trouble with his daughter and his youngest son, Dany chaining up her dragon "Children" after the man brought the remains of his child to her in the throne room. The Hound and Brienne fighting over Arya, the Children of the forest with Bran and Arya escaping by boat at the end.

Not how the other seasons have finished but it has set up the next season nicely. My favourite scene though was the Hound trying to goad Arya into killing him and her walking off. I was sure she was going to do it but to have her walk off as he begged was brilliant.

I'm sad at no more Charles Dance but that was a good twist.

The Children bit was amusing in how twee it was compared to everything else they've done. The whole walking skeletons and cute looking super hero fireball and the proper British little elves watching them as they talked to that rather nice looking old chap who has a very strange nickname gives away the gift of flight was very young adult adventure movie. This suggests their all going to get slaughtered.

The sword fight was a cool moment.

Jamie's love storyline has been so screwed up by the whole "it wasn't rape really" thing that there's very little hope of getting it back on track.

• Paid Members
So Stannis to cut a deal with Mance and take 100000 wildlings down to Westeros then?

No, more likely he'll stay at the wall and fight the real war that's coming. (i.e fire vs ice. The Lord Of Light vs The Whitewalkers.) I assume Mellisandre is the one who convinced him this was the right thing to do. I can't actually recall if it was discussed between Stannis and Davos that they would go to the wall? I seem to recall Jon or the Maester sending letters to all the kings in Westeroos asking for help.

Edited by Chilly McFreeze

• Paid Members
I assume Mellisandre is the one who convinced him this was the right thing to do. I can't actually recall if it was discussed between Stannis and Davos that they would go to the wall? I seem to recall Jon or the Maester sending letters to all the kings in Westeroos asking for help.

End of s3. Davos basically begged Stannis to take note, saying that if nobody responds to the cry for help, everybody's going to die, and the Red Woman agreed with him.

• Paid Members
Somebody needs to do a video of Brans happy little face when he thought that old tree guy was gonna make him walk again only for him to be told he'd never walk again, followed by loads of homies jumping around saying things like "ooooooooh" and "daaaymn!"

I don't make videos.

bran.jpg

gameofthrones14_155-300x199.jpg

im-not-a-rapper-o.gif

tumblr_lubfvajzty1r18jzmo1_500.gif

• Paid Members
I assume Mellisandre is the one who convinced him this was the right thing to do. I can't actually recall if it was discussed between Stannis and Davos that they would go to the wall? I seem to recall Jon or the Maester sending letters to all the kings in Westeroos asking for help.

End of s3. Davos basically begged Stannis to take note, saying that if nobody responds to the cry for help, everybody's going to die, and the Red Woman agreed with him.

Yup, thought so. It makes sense for Stannis to hang his hat at the wall now. Because when shit goes down, he can claim he was the one to save the day, and make his genuine claim to the Throne even more solid when the dust settles. Smart move.

Seems that Mellisandre has got the hots for Jon already. She'll get her claws into him soon enough I figure.

No, more likely he'll stay at the wall and fight the real war that's coming. (i.e fire vs ice. The Lord Of Light vs The Whitewalkers.) I assume Mellisandre is the one who convinced him this was the right thing to do. I can't actually recall if it was discussed between Stannis and Davos that they would go to the wall? I seem to recall Jon or the Maester sending letters to all the kings in Westeroos asking for help.

Ahh yeah that would mean them being there makes a lot more sense. I forgot about Davos pleading with Stannis to help the nights watch. Has it been hinted at that Mellisandre and that shape shifting guy that Arya is gonna go and look for are related?

Bill D- that's exactly how I pictured it!

So the old dude in the tree had magical powers? He watches people? Is it not possible that he's got extreme mind control powers like Bran? Only way stronger?

The comment about making Bran fly.

Almost as if he's the one controlling Danny's "renegade" black dragon....

Just a theory.

• Moderators
The poison sword stuff rubbed me the wrong way. Just doesn't fit with the way that ol' OB was carrying on during their fight.

I'm suprised at that. They hinted at it earlier in the season, that Oberyn was a master of poisons, even his nickname The Red Viper suggested strongly at it. Loads of people guessed he would poision the blade. It's a smart move, because even in death he would make sure that the Mountain dies.

But that's the whole thing, he came in to the fight being all cocky and for 99% of it showed to have the better skills...so why then also poison him? To me, him using the poison sword was something that says "I'm going to lose, but I'll make sure he dies anyway". To me, it just doesn't match up with the attitude that Oberyn had during the fight.

It seems they are going in the direction of The Mountain being saved by bizarre means to presumably then create some sort of monster, which is cool, but if not, then what's the fucking point.

• Paid Members
But that's the whole thing, he came in to the fight being all cocky and for 99% of it showed to have the better skills...so why then also poison him? To me, him using the poison sword was something that says "I'm going to lose, but I'll make sure he dies anyway". To me, it just doesn't match up with the attitude that Oberyn had during the fight.

Yes, he was cocky, but he was also determined, obsessed, and out for Clegane's blood specifically. These traits combined to cost him his life, but they also meant that he would have made extra sure to take out The Mountain.

• Paid Members
So the old dude in the tree had magical powers? He watches people? Is it not possible that he's got extreme mind control powers like Bran? Only way stronger?

The comment about making Bran fly.

Almost as if he's the one controlling Danny's "renegade" black dragon....

Just a theory.

My money is on that, Bran had a dream and in it he he was looking down on kings landing with a shadow of a huge dragon. I think that's his whole point in the show to Warg the dragon and use it to kill the white walkers.

Danny has lost total control of that big one and has no idea where it is or what its doing.

As for the hound, im happy he didn't go out like a total bitch still wish he had killed the mountain. Is he dead? probably he was miles from anywhere with an infected neck, a huge gash in his leg and was coughing up blood. He even said he was done.

Edited by quote the raven