Facebook updates that blow your mind

SpursRiot2012

• Awards Moderator

If I'm scrolling through, it's rare I actually see things my friends are posting anymore. It's more likely to be posts from friends of friends of friends that someone I know has liked. I probably spend more time clicking Hide on "Tag a mate who…" type sites than reading things these days. I'm moaning, but I don't have the willpower to just not go on.

I found it very easy, but then again I also didn't like being on there because I presumed people didn't want to know what I was doing as well, so I found the transition fine hah.

If anything it's also made me more sociable, which is a positive thing for me anyway hah.  

• Members

Hiding people on Facebook is an absolute godsend. Saves the awkwardness of actually deleting people but mercifully filters your aunty doing "Share = Prayer" for a sick child.

Delete is reserved for anyone current sharing "NAMES OF GIRLS MOST LIKELY TO GET MARRIED IN 2017! SARAH CLAIRE HAYLEY FIONA LISA..."

Why the fuck are people sharing that? Why the fuck is someone even making them?

I think it's more a (admittedly) knee jerk reaction to the fact that Melania Trump, who seemingly isn't allowed to think for herself and will read any shit put in front of her, is now the First Lady of the United States.

Michelle Obama is extremely well educated with an extensive career in law behind her and has been the FLOTUS for the last 8 years and as a result may have an idea of what it may take to run political office, whereas Mrs Trump made a career out of having a pretty face, marrying the multi billionaire owner of the model agency she was working for and probably has her life dictated to her.

Also, at this point in time, who else do the Democrats have that they would put up for election. It's doubtful that Hilary will run again, Bernie Sanders will be 79 years old by the time the election comes round. So that leaves the aforementioned Michelle Obama, Tim Kaine who doesn't seem to have much to him or an unknown to emerge

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members

I don't think Michelle Obama in 2020 — she is enormously popular, but I don't get the impression that she really wants to be a politician, and I think that if she goes ahead with a political career , she should get some time in as a senator in a Dem state (I am very glad that Tammy Duckworth took Barack Obama's old seat, but it would have been a good story if his seat had been up in a later cycle and Michelle took it).

I'm wondering about Cory Booker and/or Tom Perez in 2020, and Elizabeth Warren would be just about on the edge of things. If they want a younger option, the women in the senate may be a better bet than the men.

Edited by Sergio Mendacious

HALLO PEOPLE, I BELIEVE TO BE A HUMAN IS TO BE IN DEBT (DEAD). WE TOOK OUT A MORTGAGE ( MORTUARY) ON A HOUSE (BODY) TO STAND ON THIS EARTH ( GRAVE) WE ARE IN DEBT(DEAD) TRAP. WHAT DOES IT ALL MEAN, WHAT I WANT TO SAY IS. TO BE A HUMAN ON THIS EARTH. YOU HAVE A DEBT TO PAY WITH DEAD. TO PROCREATE DNA = HUMAN= SIN=DEAD. A CHILD IS PURE AND WITHOUT SIN BECAUSE A LITTLE CHILD CAN NOT PROCREATE. WHY IS IT WHEN A CHILD LOST THEIR VIRGINITY, WE SAY THE CHILD LOST THE INNOCENCE. WE SAY IT OUR SELF AND NEVER LISTEN. WE KNOW, BUT SOMETIMES WE DO NOT WANT TO KNOW OR TAKE TIME TO THINK. WE LIKE TO PLAY SAVE THE EASY WAY, OR TO FEEL SAVE IN OUR COMFORT ZONE. BUT THAT SAVE COMFORT ZONE CAN BE OUR DEATHTRAP. WE OWN IT TO OUR SELF TO SEEK THE TRUTH TO SET US FREE. SOMETIMES WE ARE SCARED TO KNOW THE TRUTH, THAT WE HAVE TO MAKE CHANGES. JESUS SAY , THE TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE . YOU WILL FIND INNER PEACE FOR YOUR SOUL. PEOPLE HAVE A FREE WILL AND A CONSCIENCE. THE TRUE CREATOR WILL NEVER OR WANT FORCE LOVE. WHAT I DOING IS, TELL THE TRUTH, NOT TELL WHAT YOU HAVE OR MUST DO. I DO NOT TELL YOU WHAT TO DO, I JUST TELL YOU THE TRUTH. I DO HOPE THE TRUE CREATOR BLESS US TO SEEK FIND AND UNDERSTAND THE TRUTH. I JUST WANT YO THANK THE TRUE CREATOR AND YOU!

Yes. 

• Paid Members

Sarcasm needs some sort of indicator. On social media, when I read a post like "I was on the bus and a bloke was attacking a gay lesbian muslim in an aqualung, and then our 2 month old stood on a chair and said 'I smite ye in the name of social justice', and then a mighty crowd appeared and gave us the medals that they got at the end of Star Wars", I like to reply with a little mug of beer emoji, which my friends know means "chinny reckon".