Facebook updates that blow your mind

SpursRiot2012

That actually makes me shake with anger. Just like when British people type "mom" instead of BLOODY MUM!

I type and say "mom", what of it? Maybe it's a Midlands thing but everyone I know says mom instead of mum.

It's definitely a Midlands thing. Just like up North they say and spell it Mam, and in other parts of the country, Ma.

I really don't see what the problem is personally.

I type and say "mom", what of it? Maybe it's a Midlands thing but everyone I know says mom instead of mum.

Never heard that in my life. I thought Mom was just an American thing. Mum is British English.

Not in the second city it ent.

Edited by King Pitcos

• Paid Members
That actually makes me shake with anger. Just like when British people type "mom" instead of BLOODY MUM!

It's definitely a Midlands thing. Just like up North they say and spell it Mam, and in other parts of the country, Ma.

I really don't see what the problem is personally.

I'm from the Midlands, and I hear a bit of Mam, but it's usually Mum.

I did mean the West Midlands. I grew up saying and spelling it Mom, moved away from Birmingham when I was 18 and have lived in Northampton since. Over time I have converted to Mum. To be honest I've lost my brummie accent completely and pronounce words differently now. For instance barth instead of baff, tooth instead of tuff etc.