DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently 3 - The Final Insult

Devon Malcolm

• Moderators

I spent today having a series of debilitating seizures on discovering there are actual fans of Rise of the Footsoldier. The worst promotional line I ever saw for a movie was "From the people who brought you Rise of the Footsoldier..." Sign me up!

But fans of Tamer truly need to seek out Wrong Turn 3. Every bad cinematic accent you've ever been shocked at pales in comparison to the 'American' voice he uses in this. It's the one you used when playing with your WWF figures, genuinely incredibly awful.

chokeout, don't rewatch Rise of the Footsoldier. It really is a shit.

The only thing I've seen him in is Layer Cake, which I enjoyed several thousand times more than I expected to. I can't even remember who he was in that.

You've not seen Eastern Promises? He gets his lad out in that.

• Paid Members

I saw an interview with him once and he called his mickey the Lion Tamer. Something's telling me it was on Soccer AM...I'm not sure though.

You're probably thinking of Get Rich or Die Tryin', K-Pits, when there's a fair few Manhammer's swinging around. I do remember thinking that Terence Howard had a relatively small one, considering his ethnicity.

Speaking of the whole 'From the makers of Rise of the Footsoldier' they really branched out of their comfort zone and produced this too :

Rise/Fall

Kierston Wareing again. Brilliant. :(

Edited by Scott Malbranque

Nah, he doesn't. Viggo's bell's swinging about the place, but Tamer's in a suit.

That fight it fucking amazing, I don't think I've ever winced so many times at a film fight. Brutal. I'm a big fan of Cronenberg, and I need to track down Spider which I've not seen, or Cosmopolis come to think of it.

I feel like going on a horror binge. Unfortunately I'm poor, so I feel like going on a horror binge on Youtube. Anyone know any good horror films that are on Youtube and in decent/good quality? Preferably things before the 90s. I know there's some classic black and white horror movies knocking about on there, the likes of Nosferatu etc, anything in colour (can be European) in good quality?

• Paid Members
I feel like going on a horror binge. Unfortunately I'm poor, so I feel like going on a horror binge on Youtube. Anyone know any good horror films that are on Youtube and in decent/good quality? Preferably things before the 90s. I know there's some classic black and white horror movies knocking about on there, the likes of Nosferatu etc, anything in colour (can be European) in good quality?

I've been meaning to watch He Knows Your Alone (1980) for a while. No idea if it's any good but it's a slasher movie with Tom Hanks so that's got to count for something.

Alternatively Troma have put up a ton of their archive for free on youtube. Don't be put off by the fact its Troma's archive they have the rights to a great deal of worthwhile films (and yes a lot of rubbish).

Troma movies

You could always do a free trial with Netflix or alike too.