DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently 3 - The Final Insult

Devon Malcolm

Enjoy fella.  Seriously, if you're more familiar with her American stuff action wise, it's like night and day, you're in for a treat.

It's been too long for me to remember, so I think I will watch 2 of her American movies before I watch the ones you mentioned. Always best to start with the crap first, I do that mostly with Horror movies as each sequel tends to get worse and worse. I know what you mean about certain directors getting more out of people, I always thought Tsui Hark got more out of Van Damme, Double Team and especially Knock Off are guilty pleasures of mine.

I'm watching In the Line of Duty 4 this week!

Ha, I recently put that on my list to watch after seeing it on hkfilm, sounds like it could be fun.

It should be law that people watch the original cut of Aliens before the extended edition. It's a completely different movie without the extra footage. I do love the extra stuff, but if eel if you watch that first, a lot of the mystery goes.

Have you or any of you movie buffs ever heard of a scene that was never on any of these editions? It was a scene near the end where Ripley was going after Newt, on her way sure bumps into Burke who is all cocooned up with a Xeno about to burst out of him, he ask her to kill him, but she just carries on. I guess they did this scene as haha serves you right. However researching this a few years ago now, it seems this scene is only on workprint versions of Aliens, I did come across a site at the time that were selling workprints of old movies, but I remember it was quite expensive, they also had a crappy screen shot of the scene in question.  

Of course I should have just gone to youtube first, it's there in all it's VHS quality glory.

I guess we don't really need the scene as we knew Burke was fucked anyway, I just found it interesting how Aliens has so much stuff they had to leave out originally, and it was all good stuff. As said, one of the best movies ever.

• Paid Members

I have to agree, other then the dance scene Napoleaon Dynamite is boring.tried watching it 3 times over the years and each time I was bored by the time it was over. Not funny, unlikeable characters, and thinks its better then it is. Other then the awesome Ken Marino, look at the careers of everyone involved. Went no where.

Also, his follow up Nacho Libre is equally cack