DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently 3 - The Final Insult

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

Watched Bone Tomahawk on Saturday. Its a western / horror starring Kurt Russell. It's not going to set the world on fire but it had some nice little moments in it and the cast, for a low budget film from a first time director, was fantastic. Seriously, it has Sean Young in it for 3 lines, a little cameo from Sid Haig and a great turn from Richard Jenkins. Plus Kurt Russell!

Watched Bone Tomahawk on Saturday. Its a western / horror starring Kurt Russell. It's not going to set the world on fire but it had some nice little moments in it and the cast, for a low budget film from a first time director, was fantastic. Seriously, it has Sean Young in it for 3 lines, a little cameo from Sid Haig and a great turn from Richard Jenkins. Plus Kurt Russell!

Is this in cinemas or available on DVD? Wouldn't mind seeing that at all. Sounds like fun.

It's only getting a limited release in the states and a proper version is already doing the rounds online.

Will have a look for it. Cheers. Slow West had a limited release too and I really enjoyed that film. Well worth checking out if you haven't seen it.

Thanks for that. Love the 30 for 30 series and I really enjoyed Foxcatcher. It's grim as anything but its well acted by all involved even Channing Tatum who probably didn't stretch himself too much to play the role of a monotone meathead.

Still desperate to get hold of the Team Foxcatcher tracksuit top that Steve Carell is wearing when he's on the shooting range, but to no avail

FYI, that documentary is on BT ESPN tonight at 10.00

• Paid Members

We watched "Into The Woods" last night.

I got quite into it when being introduced to all the characters at the beginning.

Then it got less interesting.

Then they had the happy ending.

Then things go wrong again.

Then it goes on for another 35 MINUTES after I first thought it had finished.

It felt like it would never end.  :bored:

Currently watching that on Netflix. At the less interesting bit as i type......

On one watch Spectre's properly good. I've seen the rest many times so I'm not giving it an all time placement number until I've seen it again, but it's one of the better ones. Big Dave does a decent turn and expanded roles for the supporting MI6 cast. I'd give it two pits of danger.

Went to see it tonight and I have to agree that it is one the best in the Bond series. It's a long film (around 150-minutes), but lots of fun and full of great action and good humour.

I'm off to see it tomorrow because I've got a split shift at work and I don't want to drive all the way home to just come back again. I've not seen a Bond film in years, Die Another Day was the last one I saw I think. I just want to see Big Dave put in a good more than anything else, and Woltz is always worth the admission fee

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members

Thanks for that. Love the 30 for 30 series and I really enjoyed Foxcatcher. It's grim as anything but its well acted by all involved even Channing Tatum who probably didn't stretch himself too much to play the role of a monotone meathead.

Still desperate to get hold of the Team Foxcatcher tracksuit top that Steve Carell is wearing when he's on the shooting range, but to no avail

FYI, that documentary is on BT ESPN tonight at 10.00

Damn. I missed it.

Any idea if it will be repeated?

So like half the Bond films then? I actually remember the first time I watched Die Another Day, I thought it was pretty good and was taken with Rosamund Pike as I think she'd been in Loaded a couple of months prior

Then Madonna turned up and it was just embarrassing, I'm not saying Bond films need to be ultra realistic and I'm certainly not saying they shouldn't have any humour, but that scene just made you go "oh Madonna's turned up" then here "risque lezza innuendos" were shite and unfunny

Actually yeah, fuck Die Another Day, I'm not having that in the same film series as You Only Live Twice and OHMSS