TNA Lockdown - March 10th

Loki

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Possibly my favorite ending to a wrestling PPV in modern times. I called it before it happened but the scene was perfect, "let that bitch cry" and so forth. Bully Ray is all forms of awsomeness.

Roll on Bully Ray vs. Hulk Hogan at Bound For Glory!

well, most people on here predicted that outcome, but even so it was still brilliant to watch.

With AJ set to return to impact this week anyone see TNA going for the whole is he aces and eights or TNA angle (ala Sting in WCW).

AJ's promo before he left was very similar to that of Sting's when he declared himself a free agent. And with TNA tending to go for these long term story arcs it'd be a good build up to AJ winning the BFG Series, declaring himself as a TNA man and taking the title at BFG.

Wes Briscoe was lucky D Lo was able to help him out of the cage, every time he looked at the door he just started moving in super slow motion.

Did anyone else think Kenny King had killed himself in the opener? Was one of those moments where I was genuinely worried about someone's safety and it was good to see him recover well. Some great spots in that match.

• Paid Members
well, most people on here predicted that outcome, but even so it was still brilliant to watch.

With AJ set to return to impact this week anyone see TNA going for the whole is he aces and eights or TNA angle (ala Sting in WCW).

AJ's promo before he left was very similar to that of Sting's when he declared himself a free agent. And with TNA tending to go for these long term story arcs it'd be a good build up to AJ winning the BFG Series, declaring himself as a TNA man and taking the title at BFG.

Yeah, I mentioned that in the general thread - I really think that's how they're going to play it. It'd be good to see AJ having a dilemma before siding with TNA. Or, if they intend to re-create the Wolfpac angle, have him set up his own, third-party faction.

• Paid Members

I decided to check this out. Largely it was a really dull show with a crowd that didn't seem arsed. The matches one would expect to deliver just felt like longer TV matches.

The finish to the main event was spectacular, though, proper pro-wrestling. TNA must be well chuffed with the way that went. From the reaction of the Hogan's, to Bully Ray calling the Hulkster an "old bastard", to the crowd bottling Aces & Eights. It felt like a big time angle folk were arsed about, which doesn't happen often in TNA. Bully Ray just transformed into the biggest bawbag in wrestling, bravo.

I don't really watch much TNA, these days, but you have to fancy AJ Styles (Mr. TNA) having a big hand in saving the promotion and helping the Hulkster.

Bloody loved this pay per view, a great start to TNA's new start on the road.

The triple threat X division match was a solid bout with some exciting moments. I wasn't really expecting much from this after seeing a fair bit of King and Ion working together on the UK tour but they pulled out all the stops here and there were some exciting moments. Yorke is a likeable guy too and he is easy to get behind. This was the ideal match to fire up the huge crowd.

Joseph Park vs Joey Ryan was another good effort from Park and the act continues to entertain. Joey Ryan put in a good performance here, I don't think he is destined for big things in TNA but with solid little showings like this he deserves his place on the big shows. Less of the 'mark' comments though, this isn't PWG!

I skipped the knockouts match, not remotely interested...plus this was the same title match from last years Lockdown, I think I'm just fed up of the KO division now really. ODB and Tara are alright, everyone else just seems a bit samey.

The battle of the bros was....ok. However, how dare Robbie T denounce his welsh hometown! As much as I want a welsh wrestling hero, Rob Terry just doesn't seem to have improved since his Global champion days in 2010 and I'm not really interested in seeing this style of match every week on impact. The allegiance with Robbie E put his talents to good use, he could surprise us though I suppose.

The tag title match was fantastic, possibly my favourite match of the night. Aries' backstage promo accompanied by the appearance of Roode asking the fans if we'd missed him was great, mostly due to how invested I was in the news and potential loss of Bobby to the company...either way, these guys have great chemistry on screen together. As for the match, each team did what they do best here and Chavo and Hernandez were the best they've probably been since teaming up which helped due to the crowd going mad for Supermex. The finishing sequence was great as were Bad Influence and the champs' exchanges. I'm pleased the belts stayed with Aries and Roode, I'm excited to see who challenges them next.

Oh, and the Austin Aries-Bobby Roode duelling chants whilst they weren't even in the ring I'd a testament to the great work they have done in TNA over the past year.

When it was time for the cage to be set up it was clear suit was going to go down. Angle vs Brisco wasn't all that really but set the tone for the night, a chaotic night of Aces and Eights shenanigans. Brisco is still pretty shakey but he's got a good look and character, he needed the win as there's still some mileage out of Angle on Aces and Eights tale.

Lethal Lockdown was great. Not that it ever really disappoints apart from last year's poor effort but I think both teams put in a really good effort this year. Team TNA was well represented, Magnus looked at home in the environment, Samoa Joe was on fire during the match, Eric Young was also great in this match and shown that he can get it done in a serious environment, Storm and Sting topped it all off. Aces and Eights had a strong showing here too. Anderson is the well known name that takes the likes of Garrett up a notch in terms of perception. Mike Knox' new moniker 'Knux' was born here too it seems, I like it! Devon is starting to look and feel like quite the threat now too.

The huge multiple-man suplex spot orchestrated by Joe bringing them all down was class, as was the involvement of the weapons and Young's elbow from the top of the cage...I forgot he was capable of that kind of thing, he beat The Band with that thing some years ago! I'm inclined to say the right team won here, the crowd loved the antics of Team TNA and it was the feel good victory of the night....surely this is Aces and Eights free of any momentum though right.....

Until the main event. I'd been looking forward to this match since the tapings in Januaryand it was clearly going to be an important match. Hulk's acceptance of Bully has been heartwarming, he's family now! The touches of Hulk telling the story about Andre and Bully calling Hulk Dad were all brilliant touches to adding the sense of doubt that Bully had changed, after all...hadn't Bully helped Sting take on the Aces and Eights before?

The match itself was pretty good, it had a hard job following the tag titles match and Lethal Lockdown but the crowd were in to it, the duelling chants were a good display of Bully's new character. However,the lack of support for Hardy somewhat displays the large lack of indifference or dislike towards him from a lot of fans on the road. This looked like the end of the road for Hardy's reign especially after Hulk had said that Bully was the right man to take the reigns of the company.

I thought the 'poetry in motion' was a nice nod to the two guys past when Brisco and Garrett got involved and when the pair of them were chucked out if the door it looked the match as set to be a clean contest. That was until Bully and Devon made eye contact, I got goosebumps and the throw of the hammer was a great moment. Bully Ray deserves the championship and it's great to see him finally win the big one, the celebration with Devon and Anderson etc was fantastic and the lack of music making way for the trash talking to Hulk and Brooke as well as that blistering promo was brilliant. The trash throwing added to the great visual of Bully Ray standing tall as the World Champion.

Overall, a lot of the crowd was fairly average but the tag team championship match, LL and the main event displayed everything that is right with TNA as far as my tastes go. Its brilliant to see a long story come to it's next stage in the most exciting way possible with a veteran entering the biggest stage of his career and all the potential implications to arise out of this. Good times.

Oh, and the fact that Impact isn't going to be coming from the impact zone means that it won't be back to boring old business as usual which is a huge bonus.

I really enjoyed the event. I was expecting alot from Lockdown and TNA delivered. Absolute best ending for a Pay Per View for many years. The Aces and Eights angle is red hot at the moment. They need to keep on top of this angle. Apart from the Lethal Lockdown not having the roof, I really enjoyed everything the show had to offer and have to say this is my favourite Pay Per View for a long time.

Small Lockdown fact: The Lethal Lockdown roof was actually there and planned to be used. There was some sort of technical glitch that prevent it from coming down.

-Many fans in attendance noted that the roof to the Lethal Lockdown was actually hanging there all night's Lockdown event. There were technical glitches with the arena that prevented TNA from lowering the roof.

Archived