TNA Lockdown - March 10th

Loki

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh, and the fact that Impact isn't going to be coming from the impact zone means that it won't be back to boring old business as usual which is a huge bonus.

Yeah, brilliant isn't it?

And on top of it all, not only is Impact now on the road but this week's show (as well as next week's) will be in Chicago. The crowds in Chicago are usually excellent. I can only imagine how good Bully Ray doing a promo in front that type of crowd will be.

I've only watched Lethal Lockdown and the main event, and bloody hell...how good was that ending? Bully Ray was absolutely brilliant throughout it, what an absolute cunt of the highest order. The bottles flying into the ring was a great visual, and the lack of theme music just after the win was a nice touch. Bully is too good.

Just finished watching Lockdown and wow, I know a few months ago everyone was expecting Bully to be revealed as the main guy behind Aces and Eights and it was pretty easy to guess he would end up being behind it but what a way to reveal it and end Lockdown. Absolutely awesome. I still predicted he'd be revealed as the mastermind even after the wrestlers stopped questioning him and he ended up siding with the Hogans but I didn't predict him becoming the World Champion and I am so glad he is. He is definetly one guy who deserves that Title and I can see things getting even better from here. Nice to see him being able to celebrate his first major Title win with D-Von too.

I read the bottle throwing began from TNA having a few plants in the crowd throwing them and they'd hoped the other fans would join in, which obviously happened and it was an awesome visual seeing the bad guys in the ring surrounded by a cage, yelling at Hulk and Brooke, Bully shouting at "the old bastard" who he "used" and the "bitch" he "screwed" and celebrating with the World Title as the fans boo and throw bottles and other various items at them. Awesome.

Pretty great PPV all around really!

I didn't really give many comments to my thoughts on Lockdown on my last post but one thing I was really surprised about is how good Chavo/Hernandez were in the tag match. I admit, I think Hernandez is great so its abit biased but Chavo worked the best match of his current run in TNA. To add to that you got the mix of four of the hottest stars in TNA; Aries, Daniels, Roode and Kazarian which just made a fantastic tag match. I love how TNA can structure a spotfest match and it comes across brilliant unlike some shit you would see on the independent scene.

Also the opener was really good. Christian York is abit shit but I really enjoyed everything from Zema Ion.

Eric Young was absolutely excellent. What ever the bloke does he is great and is one of the few naturals in wrestling. He can make anything work. One of the most underrated blokes in Wrestling today. Plus he is really over.

I'm really into TNA at the moment and just looking at their roster they have so many great talents.

I kinda like York but he has bulked up so much over the last few years it seems to effect the wrestling style he goes for

At times he moves around in the ring like he has shit his trunks

Lets hope he sorts this out or he will end up like Dino Bravo (ok maye not,nobodys that bad)

Still i think he has been a good signing for TNA

• Paid Members

Joseph Park winning the title at Bound For Glory please. I genuinely reckon that there's enough time to build him up from "rookie who just about beats jobbers" to "somehow wins the BFG series and is a massive underdog who might just have a chance." You can always then just have him drop it a few weeks later to whoever the best top heel is at the time.

Hulk Hogan was on Busted Open Radio to discuss a variety of topics. Below are the highlights:

On his knee and overall health:

"Thursday was a month, so a month and two and a half days for the old knee replacement, so I think I'm doing good. I saw some other wrestlers that had some knee replacements done and around the same time, I feel like Tarzan here all of a sudden, they said they weren't even going to be able to walk around for eight or nine weeks, so I'm a little bit ahead of schedule. The weird thing is, now I got two new knees, two new hips; after eight back surgeries my backs fixed, I think I should be getting a title shot pretty soon. The oldest Heavyweight Champion of the world."

Hogan's always talking about becoming champ again, We all know it won't be a wrestling clinic but the atmosphere behind Bully Ray w/ Aces and Eights vs. Hulk Hogan w/ Sting and such would be great. There's 12 weeks till Slammiversary, anybody see this happening?

It would be great to have both Bully Vs Hogan. Bully is one of the best heels of all time and Hogan is one of the best babyfaces of all time. Those two continuing to work a program with each other through till Bound For Glory is very possible. Plus Hogan needs that "One Big Last Match". I personally couldn't give a shit about the match quality it would be a treat to see them two in the ring with each other. Both TNA and WWE need to focus on the quality of the programs there Wrestlers are in, if there is a good story line then people are going to be invested and want to buy the PPV's rather than "because they are gonna have a good match". As Nash once said "Me and Hogan went against each other, I as green as I was put Hogan in a real tight headlock. Hogan responds with; Easy Brotha! We have the fans money already" which was along those lines. Anyway it just shows that you don't need to have a brilliant match and with the right booking it can work well.

Hogan could win the title and then drop it soon after where its vacated. I believe Hogan does really care about TNA, he may say some shit things in the past and when he debuted in TNA in 2010 I wouldn't have thought he would have done all shit hes done for them.

HH4Life

• Paid Members

I'm a big fan of Bully Ray but calling him one of the best heels of all time is abit premature/an overstatement. He's hardly up there with the likes of Flair, HHH, Hogan, DiBiase, Piper, Jake etc etc. Given his age I doubt he'll ever reach those heights but he's definitely had a cracking run these last few years in TNA.

• Paid Members
Your right "Of all time" is the wrong term to use. It's just comparing him to the current crop of heels in the WWE and TNA in the past few years he is in a completely different league. Maybe in a few years he can be considered as one of the "best heels of all time" but he certainly is one of the strongest heels for a long time.

Yeah, no arguments that he's been one of the top heels in the business these last few years. Really hope TNA don't mess up his title run and it leads to some good stuff. Could be really important for them with them just starting out on the road.

shittest stable in wrestling history.

I really don't agree with this.

The angle may have been abit flat for a while but since the UK Tapings its been brilliant. Its introduced Knox and Gallows to TNA who hopefully stick around for a while. Plus it has made Garrett and Anderson watchable. The angle has had some great reveals and really delivered at Lockdown. Now its a main drive of the product and the current and they get some really good heat from the crowd.

To say they are the shittest stable of all time is daft. I can name you a dozen shitter stables.

Archived