TNA Lockdown - March 10th

Loki

I'm really looking forward to Lockdown. I thought 2012 & 2011 were abit dodgy but hopefully this one ends up being a good one. I'm really hoping Bigger Rob and Robbie E have a match together as I'm really interested in this. It's a massive shame they never gave them a chance as a proper tag team. I think Robbie E is one of the best characters in wrestling today. He's phenomenal at doing the cowardly heel and I find the comedy stuff he does brilliant. Bigger Rob has potential aswell and I don't mind him either.

Lethal Lockdown should be fun it usually is every year. Plus the Aces and Eights storyline has been great recently. Wes Briscoe/Kurt Angle will be a good one. Briscoe isn't that bad either. I hope Hernandez turns heel (again) and Boarder Toss's Chavo somewhere we will never have to see him into a TNA ring again. Of course the Main Event sounds fantastic and should be a belter. Hopefully they do a Bully Ray heel turn. That man deserves a run with the title and will look great with it. I'd love to see Sting/Bully Ray at Slammiversary.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
what's changed about the Royal Rumble?

It was the main event of the PPV for years and years, then suddenly it wasn't. but then this is the same company who ran Survivor series on more than one occasion with not a single survivor tag match on the card, also Im pretty sure at Elimination Chamber, the chamber wasn't the main event either.

I have just twigged on tho, they often have Cena as the main event at wrestlemania, there is clearly no 'Wrestle' to be seen there either. I guess I can live with this consistancy, as daft as it is.

I have just twigged on tho, they often have Cena as the main event at wrestlemania, there is clearly no 'Wrestle' to be seen there either. I guess I can live with this consistancy, as daft as it is.

I hope you're joking (even then, it's not funny) or you're a right daft cunt.

A little bit of 'A', a little of 'B'...

Im done with my rant now anyway, besides which im actually starting to enjoy Cena matches more and more, maybe it's due to quote Fed from a few years back; now I "Get it".

• Paid Members
It was the main event of the PPV for years and years, then suddenly it wasn't.

Are you talking about the time when the title match went on last in 1996, 1997, 1998, 2006 or 2013?

but then this is the same company who ran Survivor series on more than one occasion with not a single survivor tag match on the card

Correct - two occasions is more than one. However, one of them featured an attritional one-night tournament heavily based around the concept of survival, and the second featured both a 3-on-3 elimination tables match and the debuting Elimination Chamber, which is multi-man and pin/sub-elimination based, and was explicitly advertised as having taken elements from the Survivor Series match.

also Im pretty sure at Elimination Chamber, the chamber wasn't the main event either.

Elimination Chamber has always featured a Chamber match that wasn't the main event, and has never really been about the Chamber matches being the main event - just that they're happening at all. You had more of a point about the Rumble, which you also didn't have much of a point about.

I'm glad you were at least 50% joking about this, even if that is 50% too low for me and the joke was shite anyway.

To sum up I think my whole issue is if you name an event after a specific match or theme, then THAT should be the main focus of the show. Can you imagine if 'Night of Champions' only had 1 title match?

I grant you sometimes tings need to be tweeked a little for whatever reason but changed or ignored completely.

Maybe i'm old fashioned but The Rumble, the Chamber, Hell in a cell, MITB, TLC etc should all be the main event of their namesake events.

Night of Champions, Survivor series & Lockdown are established and traditional themes that make those PPV's special, they dont need to be messed with.

• Paid Members

You're not old fashioned, because that's nothing even approaching a tradition. Gimmick-branded PPVs are a very new concept, and nothing's ever been "changed or ignored completely". Any changes that have taken place have been for good, logical storyline reasons. Lockdown is whatever TNA say it is, and the main events being in cages will make them special compared to the undercard. And as for Lockdown being "established", do you have any idea how terrible TNA's PPV buyrates are? They've established fuck all on that front. Everything that's happened on a TNA PPV thusfar is irrelevant as far as tradition and establishment are concerned.

Is it this sunday then? I see the change to four a year hasn't changed the act they're shit at building to PPVs.

After spending the week watching cards largely full of jobber matches in WCW's 'Clash Of the Champions' I can confirm that living up to the name has never been a tradition.

The date of Lockdown is in the thread title.

• Paid Members

I'm hoping it's simply a matter of them finding their feet with the new schedule. They've never been particularly good at building their PPVs outside of a few exceptions, to the point where it almost feels like they have a separate brand for PPVs altogether.

They've built this main event well from a "who is the challenger" point of view, especially considering their champ was AWOL.

They've also built the Lethal Lockdown fairly well. I admit the rest of the car is slightly afterthough-y. Still, looks like a good PPV on paper.

• Paid Members

Yeah, those are the only ones I have any interest in. Angle/Brisco looks like it might be good, but there was just something a bit anti-climactic about the whole reveal and the subsequent run-in/run-offs that it wouldn't take much to kill my interest.

Is it this sunday then? I see the change to four a year hasn't changed the act they're shit at building to PPVs.

After spending the week watching cards largely full of jobber matches in WCW's 'Clash Of the Champions' I can confirm that living up to the name has never been a tradition.

The date of Lockdown is in the thread title.

Oh yeah, well spotted. I saw TNA and assumed it was the general tna bollocks thread.

The world title match looks intriguing. I'm guessing they're gonna have RVD vs King again right? King getting the win *fingers crossed*. Hopefully they would have seen the negative reaction that Chavo and Hernandez have received and go with the dream match of Kaz and Daniels vs Wet Dream Team. That would basically save the card.

All the Aces and 8s stuff is shite though. They've already been beaten in every possible way every single week. Just put Hogan in a 12 on 1 handicap match against them and make some fun out of it.

Archived