TNA Lockdown - March 10th

Loki

• Paid Members

Problem is they've only got so much time to dedicate to each division. When the tags get more focus, X-division gets shoved to the back, and vice versa. Happened with A-Dub's X-division champ run - the tag division they'd made such a big deal of suddenly had almost no teams, and very little air-time. To be fair, it didn't need it right then, as people were enjoying the World and X storylines, and Aces & 8s hadn't been de-railed yet.

As for the X-Division, they made a real mistake releasing Kash. He was on a real run of form, and should have had the belt next. King's good, but there's something about him that feels incomplete right now. Van Dam's been a good place-holder, but all in all, his run's been quite anodyne and boring.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They only ever really do one match a week per division (tag team, X Division & Knockouts), so they don't really have much space to fill out the divisions. I can see Zema Ion winning the title again,especially if that Jesse Sorensen is able to come back.

I wonder what they will do with the World title during the BFG Series, presumably they wont just give title shots away to anyone while that's going on but then you can't have your champion doing nothing for 4 months. I would guess they will do a rematch of whatever headlines Slammiversary and keep last years DestinationX "option c" gimmick with the X Division champion handing in his title for a shot on an episode of Impact.

Are they? I thought they were PPVs as well, rather than on Spike, to fulfill their contract with the PPV providers.

I'm pretty sure they are, they asked Spike to pick them up but they didn't want them, despite Impact being the most watched show on Spike TV and are now charging $15 for them.

• Paid Members
Any update on what's going on with Ring Ka King?

It's been cancelled, so far as I know. Someone posted about it on here a few months back.

Are they? I thought they were PPVs as well, rather than on Spike, to fulfill their contract with the PPV providers.

I'm pretty sure they are, they asked Spike to pick them up but they didn't want them, despite Impact being the most watched show on Spike TV and are now charging $15 for them.

If that's the case, there've been developments I didn't catch. I just remember the original release about there being a KOs only one and an X-only one.

• Paid Members
Any update on what's going on with Ring Ka King?

It's been cancelled, so far as I know. Someone posted about it on here a few months back.

Ta. That's a bit shite. I thought the thing was getting good ratings? I guess, financially, it wasn't lucrative as the company working with TNA hoped.

That 'Team TNA' for Lethal Lockdown is pretty good. I'm really pleased....

SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

To see Magnus actually going for revenge, in the past TNA mght gave just forgotten about the fact that he has history with Aces and Eights and just stuck a floundering main eventer in the team instead. A pinfall win for the Mag Daddy would be nice to see and maybe take him up a level or two.

Also, Eric Young! The only comedy wrestler I don't get bored of. Hopefully he isn't being too serious like when he feuded with The Band back in 2010.

Thread is spoiler tagged lads, so you can talk openly in here.

I actually liked serious Eric Young. He can always go back to comedy, but it'd be nice to see him do a proper gimmick for a while. He's kinda the soul of TNA in some ways.

Thread is spoiler tagged lads, so you can talk openly in here.

I actually liked serious Eric Young. He can always go back to comedy, but it'd be nice to see him do a proper gimmick for a while. He's kinda the soul of TNA in some ways.

It says UK Spoilers though.

Eric Young is one of the best comedy characters wrestling has seen for a while. I don't know why but I found myself hysterically laughing at the stuff the bloke does. He looked hilarious that time when he was marrying ODB wearing a suit, glasses and his hair slicked to the side. Plus he is great in the ring. The bloke has shown he can do alot with the material he is given for example as the leader of World Elite he came across as a very strong leader and as the "Don't Fire Eric" gimmick the bloke was really likable. I was very pleased when they signed him again last year. He's one of the bread and butter of TNA.

Archived