TNA Lockdown - March 10th

Loki

• Paid Members
Bully is the president. Nothing to say there wont be a "higher power" so to speak, which could still be Easy E, hopefully with a head of glorious black hair.

This is true - Taz's reasoning for joining the group was given as "I couldn't turn down the chance to work for a higher power" which again to me suggested Bischoff aiming to take over the company, could have been referring to Bully though.

In the quick search I've done I can't find a full version of the Hogan & Sting in the Clubhouse segment on YouTube - it was definitely Bischoff in the chair, and it appears people have done some sound editing to clean up the voice so it's even more distinctly his, in the same way they showed Vince was the voice of Sara's stalker all those years ago. I don't therefore recall if the guy in the chair actually identified himself as the President or if it was just assumed/implied.

A quick look at the Wiki page for Outlaw biker gangs suggests the standard hierarchy is President & VP at the top, no-one above them. Given Eric's passion for the life you'd think he'd want to keep it authentic (the colours certainly are, as is the appointment of a Sergeant-at-Arms who "keeps order at meetings"). One of the positions it lists is Treasurer - I suppose they could give Eric that title if he is revealed, implying something more than that mundane function in that he's bank-rolling the group and therefore de facto top of the food chain?

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Way back in October the news websites were reporting that while Bischoff was indeed the one portraying the Aces president in that clubhouse segment prior to BFG he was just used in the role to throw people off the real plan and keep them guessing. Bischoff was never meant to be the president, IMO, and I really doubt he's coming back as an on-screen character any time soon. He just doesn't want to be on TV anymore and he's said so himself in numerous interviews. That being said, I'd love to have him back as an announcer. His Xplosion run with Borash was fantastic. Sadly, I don't see that happening either.

• Paid Members
Joseph Parks' amazing run continues. His anti-wrestling is amazing, the way he does everything a little bit wrong. His armdrags are all backwards for instance. The fist off the 2nd rope is well over.

You mean the splash? That was what it was supposed to be anyway.

- Bully Ray v Hardy was actually not a particularly good match up until the ending.

Have to disagree. It wasn't the best cage match ever, but I thought it was solid.

Can we now talk about how rubbish Knox and DOC are? They may be big, but DOC in particular has been stinky awful in the ring since coming to TNA. Where the fuck is Chris Masters in all this? They could also have got in touch with Chuck Palumbo, he actually owns a bike shop.

Again, disagree about Knox and DOC - only because we've not really seen much of them in the ring. I thought DOC was OK, nothing special, but hardly offensive. Knox - he's barely had any matches. It could be that both of them need more matches. We know DOC can be good, he was pretty decent in Ring Ka King.

You're definitely right about Palumbo, but I think they should bring in Masters under a different gimmick - the A&8s have more than enough guys, and Masters doesn't really fit it, IMO. He just needs to come in as his Masterpiece gimmick; he does it so well.

Also, I know he was shit last time round, but having seen his run in RKK, I think they should give Trevor Murdoch/Jethro Holliday another go, in his Hansen-esque Roscoe Jackson gimmick. He was a load of fun, and had some good matches.

• Paid Members
Way back in October the news websites were reporting that while Bischoff was indeed the one portraying the Aces president in that clubhouse segment prior to BFG he was just used in the role to throw people off the real plan and keep them guessing. Bischoff was never meant to be the president, IMO

See, that was the kind of stuff I meant makes it hard to suspend my disbelief. It's like WWE putting Zeke Jackson under a mask, wearing trunks, have him destroy guys, then unmasking him a few weeks later as a returning Chris Masters and saying it was him all along. It's changing actors in a role for the purpose of deceit and it's BS, IMO.

• Paid Members

Wouldn't you rather be suprised that it was Masters rather than wait a few weeks for the underwhelming and already known unmasking of Zeke to play out in front of you? It's entertainment and one of my favourite things in wrestling is when they genuinely shock me like with The Rock hosting Wrestlemania or a surprise return etc etc

• Paid Members

I've no problem with a surprise, but I'd like it to be one that makes sense. If there was never any intention of Bischoff being the President, they shouldn't have had him on camera playing the role. If we'd never seen the President, the VP had delivered the challenge to Hogan & Sting for BFG, then Bully had been revealed, no problem (other than the presumably "faked" Bully vs. Aces matches, of course...)

Gonna watch Impact for the first time in a while tonight, I reckon.

Seems like the product is pretty decent and the tinpotness of the Impact Zone was always something that put me off a little bit so I'm looking forward to seeing how things go in front of a proper crowd from now on.

• Paid Members
Gonna watch Impact for the first time in a while tonight, I reckon.

Seems like the product is pretty decent and the tinpotness of the Impact Zone was always something that put me off a little bit so I'm looking forward to seeing how things go in front of a proper crowd from now on.

I honestly think you'll enjoy it. The performances are great, and the arenas really make them look proper big-time. Think you'd also be impressed with how much Bully Ray has improved from his Dudley Boyz days. He's recognisable, yet almost not.

See, that was the kind of stuff I meant makes it hard to suspend my disbelief. It's like WWE putting Zeke Jackson under a mask, wearing trunks, have him destroy guys, then unmasking him a few weeks later as a returning Chris Masters and saying it was him all along. It's changing actors in a role for the purpose of deceit and it's BS, IMO.

Reminds me a lot of the Undertaker stalker angle - didn't they have Vince do the voiceover for that under some kind of vocal masking up until DDP was revealed?

• Paid Members
Speaking of Lockdown.

Have a look at this fantastic video TNA have done recapping the show;

Excellent stuff.

It's a good video - they do seem to be getting a bit obsessed with dubstep tracks, though. Nothing particularly wrong with it in itself - it makes them seem current - but given that the video started off with a rather classical, movie soundtrack-type feel, it kind of killed the build-up a bit when it suddenly switched to the dubstep.

Great selection of clips, though; made the entire event look like it was must-watch (which, much as I enjoyed it, it wasn't, not all the way through anyway).

Archived