Jack Swagger arrested for DUI and possession of marijuana

pain-giver

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The invite to Glenn Beck is their way of trying to prove they haven't bottled it, safe in the knowledge he ain't turning up.

That video is the evidence they've completely bottled it.

I've now lost nearly all my interest in what was the most interesting thing on the show. I know they're all mates, I know it's all entertainment. I want that to be an implicit recognition, though, I don't the two people whose story I'm investing In tell me that. I just don't.

That kind of stuff just makes me glad I grew up as a wrestling fan during the era I did. I'd have been gutted having my illusions shattered with something like that as a 10 year old.

---

Jack Swagger's really pretty bad isn't he? There's nothing to him. He's still just a random bloke who wrestles. He hasn't changed, is just his usual self, with a lame catchphrase to scream out after Dutch has done the work.

No aura. no charisma. no quirks, or any redeeming qualities to command attention form fans/viewers.

Why they're persevering with him i'll never know.

That kind of stuff just makes me glad I grew up as a wrestling fan during the era I did. I'd have been gutted having my illusions shattered with something like that as a 10 year old.

---

Jack Swagger's really pretty bad isn't he? There's nothing to him. He's still just a random bloke who wrestles. He hasn't changed, is just his usual self, with a lame catchphrase to scream out after Dutch has done the work.

No aura. no charisma. no quirks, or any redeeming qualities to command attention form fans/viewers.

He has grown a fringe and applied a bit of gel. Thats the only change id say!!

Dutch's promos have been mustard though; absolute class!

---

Vince loves the big lads. I'm not much of a Swagger nut but I don't think he's that bad. He does have a bit of talent and can go in the ring and I'm sure he has a bit of aura about him in real life. I think a lot of the time they seem to push these massive blokes because they stand out and have a bit of presence in real life.

I haven't seen any Glenn Beck rants about this, but surely his issue isn't that he doesn't understand protagonists and antagonists and wrestling being fake... It's that WWE have used his ideology/cult/whatever as the basis for an antagonist when he thinks he's a goodie. Which would make the video a bit pointless. Was interesting to see though.

Dutch's promos have been mustard though; absolute class!

Aye, and it only makes you wonder why he's featured so little in front of the cameras in wrestling over the past 20 years or so. Someone who's speaks as convincingly as him is pretty valuable, especially in the modern age where guys who can do that are few and far between.

Seems a shame that he's been hiding behind the scenes or in Puerto Rico for most of the past few decades.

Time looks to have been kind to him too - Cut that 'tache off (not that you would as it's his trademark) and he'd probably pass for mid-40s.

• Paid Members

In that get-up, haircut and glasses, I thought he looked like Bill Oddie (but with a big moustache).

Great speaker - surprised he's never featured to any great degree in TNA programming, given he was their head booker for a notable length of time.

Kayfabe died 20 years ago. Sure, they can try to protect things now, and pretend the past hasn't happened, but the genie is out of the bottle.

In the grand scheme of things, Zeb & Swagger revealing their real names/breaking character doesn't affect the business one way or another, either negatively or positively.

It's a campy, anti-immigation gimmick anyway; everyone knows it's not real. Plus Swagger's real name had already been publicly revealed by TMZ when he got himself arrested.

To be honest, the heels & faces all singing a Christmas carol together last year was probably a bigger challenge to kayfabe than this was.

Archived