Jack Swagger arrested for DUI and possession of marijuana

pain-giver

• Paid Members

Papa Swagger is Bunkhouse Buck, isn't it?

Not that im to fussed by his angle lite tribute act anyway. Dutch was good, going to interesting to see how WWE cover this up

I wouldn't say it's an angle lite tribute at all, it closer resembles (slightly) the JBL gimmick if anything, and that's a stretch.

You smoking what Swaggers smoking? The only resemblance to JBL is the angle he did with Eddie about immigrants. Apart from that, their worlds apart.

Hence my use of the words 'sightly' and 'stretch'. This tea party gimmick is closer to that of JBL wanting to boot the Mexicans out than it is to Kurt Angle just flying the American flag. That was my point.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Papa Swagger is Bunkhouse Buck, isn't it?

Not that im to fussed by his angle lite tribute act anyway. Dutch was good, going to interesting to see how WWE cover this up

I wouldn't say it's an angle lite tribute at all, it closer resembles (slightly) the JBL gimmick if anything, and that's a stretch.

You smoking what Swaggers smoking? The only resemblance to JBL is the angle he did with Eddie about immigrants. Apart from that, their worlds apart.

Hence my use of the words 'sightly' and 'stretch'. This tea party gimmick is closer to that of JBL wanting to boot the Mexicans out than it is to Kurt Angle just flying the American flag. That was my point.

My point was, that wasn't JBL's gimmick, it was just one angle.

• Paid Members

I'd say Swagger is at face value closer to heel Angle than JBL - obnoxious, patriotic American amateur wrestling champion, wrestling a mat game and using an ankle lock finish.

I wouldn't mind seeing McGillicutty replace Swagger as Zeb's apprentice (not in the title match), but with a name change and obviously not as big a push. He's gotten pretty good in the ring these days (on NXT) and could hide his weaknesses on the mic by having Zeb.

HHH & The Rock are really high (no pun) on him. Could help reinvent him from his bland persona without having to take Zeb off TV.

This frustratingly reminds me of when Regal turned into super-evil GM. I bloody loved that, it had bags of potential and then he got done and that was that. Now Swagger has this new gimmick and big push that makes people care what he's up to for the first time in years, Dirty Dutch by his side and an amazing theme and he does this, what an absolute idiot. Next time someone gets a similar push i'm determined not to enjoy it just in case :laugh:

• Paid Members
I know it was a joke post, but I think Menry's a PERFECT slot-in here. Imagine Zeb spewing all his shite stood next to the blackest man of all time, but being able to twist his words just enough so he appeared not racist by his chestnut of logic that "Look, my big mate's black, so there".

Thing is, unless I'm mistaken Colter hasn't brought colour into it once. The perception may be that it's implied, and that's the likely intention, but all his rhetoric so far has been anti-immigration, specifically illegal immigrants, be they Hispanic or whte Eastern European.Mark Henry may be black, but he's Texan born and bred. He represented his country at the Olympic Games. There's no reason he couldn't be as pissed off as Swagger at all these Mexicans coming over and winning his wrestling titles, or Lithuanians turning up and being on his weightlifting teams.

• Paid Members
I know it was a joke post, but I think Menry's a PERFECT slot-in here. Imagine Zeb spewing all his shite stood next to the blackest man of all time, but being able to twist his words just enough so he appeared not racist by his chestnut of logic that "Look, my big mate's black, so there".

Thing is, unless I'm mistaken Colter hasn't brought colour into it once. The perception may be that it's implied, and that's the likely intention, but all his rhetoric so far has been anti-immigration, specifically illegal immigrants, be they Hispanic or whte Eastern European.Mark Henry may be black, but he's Texan born and bred. He represented his country at the Olympic Games. There's no reason he couldn't be as pissed off as Swagger at all these Mexicans coming over and winning his wrestling titles, or Lithuanians turning up and being on his weightlifting teams.

Very true. They should still go for the racist card, though - the Tea Party lot would see their arses, in light of how they've reacted just to this mere implication.

Thing is, unless I'm mistaken Colter hasn't brought colour into it once.

When he was on about the immigrants and saying "they don't look like me" I don't think he meant they don't have wild moustaches.

Idiotic thing to do at anytime, nevermind now when you're getting a huge push.

Worst timing ever for him but lets be honest, Colter is the reason that people are talking about his angle. Swagger is lucky to be involved because he's just the same as ever.

I can't believe it after the biggest push ever. Does this mean that he is off wrestlemania

As I have mentioned elsewhere I am fairly sure he will end up in TNA. I cant see WWE keeping him after this and in TNA he can do his weed and also get a big push like RVD does.

Fairly sure he will go to TNA? Has he got friends there? Has he got connections? Has he been in TNA before? Bit of a daft assumption. Why would they want a shit version of an All American, when they have the real deal being Kurt Angle.

its not daft at all

Why would he need friends? and of course he would have some kind of conections

Wrestlings a small world and he bound to know people in TNA

It all boils down to if he gets fired first and then if TNA have any intention of hiring him

TNA dont splash out cash like they used too

But if they could get him cheap then why not?

Archived