Jack Swagger arrested for DUI and possession of marijuana

pain-giver

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Of course I read it, and of course I know it was Mexican vs. Xenophobe. That was part of the storyline outside of the wrestling but who is to say it wasn't going to have the Ankle Lock vs. Arm Breaker built into it.

Re-read the bit you unnecessarily put in spoiler tags.

If he does get let go, I could imagine him doing a “now I can be serious and really show my wrestling skills” gimmick in some of the fappy indies. A bit like when Spirit Squad Kenny turned up in EVOLVE.

The thing with that is that Kenny did have a cheerleader gimmick for ages (albeit dropped a while before he left WWE). Swagger's gimmick, apart from the last two weeks, has just been "wrestler" anyway.

Good news. Give him a fine and a Vince bollocking, then continue as planned.

I disagree, I was hoping for someone better to be slotted in. Coulter's great but he's only been put in there at all because Swagger is fucking crap. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the idiot to get released.

Apparently last night, Conservative Nutjob Glenn Beck did a segment on her Internet show blasting WWE in response to the Jack Swagger/Zeb Coulter storyline since it lampoons the conservative ring wing which Glenn Beck is a part of it.

WWE has responded to Glenn Beck by actually offering him a chance to appear on WWE TV.

Wasn't Glenn Beck so off his rocker that Fox news eventually axed him due to threats from sponsors? hopefully he is dumb enough to take WWE up on that offer.

The extreme left and right are all a bunch of humorless cunts though.

EDIT

If people are getting this wound up by the angle then Swagger will probably get through recent events without getting axed.

No he would be a shite leader of Aces and Eights,he may end up working there but your jumping the gun about how they would want him to feud with Angle

Thats what YOU want to see

Seeing Swagger lead a biker group would be worse than when Devon was unmasked

Also have you not read the rest of this thread?

There are good talents out there like Morrision and Masters neither which have been in TNA(i dont count Masters dark matches)

You dont see them signed do you?

Its all about Money and TNA dont spend like they once did

Hey if he gets fired from WWE then good luck to him if TNA take him on but its not set in stone

No but masters was in ring ka king. So it is not like they have zero working relationship with him. A better example would be carlito.

I'd argue it makes his point further. Given that Masters worked for them in Ring Ka King and still hasn't been signed for TNA would in theory suggest Swagger has even less chance of being signed. I know it's not water-tight logic, given that Knox didn't work RKK (I think - still working my way through season one) but has been signed up, but most of the guys who did work it are now signed or have been signed.

I did think of Carlito when typing that but yeah thats the logic i was using

Masters has a relationship with TNA and still is not working for them

I think Carlito just dont care enough

I like Swagger as a worker and in terms of what others have said about attitude to DUI in wrestling and the US don't even think he's that unusual compared to others in the business but what an idiot. Such a stupid thing to do in the midst of his biggest push. Don't think he'll get the boot but it could be the end of his push - I agree with Baz Windham in that if it gets dropped it does remind me a bit of what happened with Regal in terms of bad timing.

Dutch Mantell - next World Heavyweight Champion.

If this was Memphis you know that is exactly how they'd do it, even now.

When he was on about the immigrants and saying "they don't look like me" I don't think he meant they don't have wild moustaches.

If it meant the second one then noone looks like a Real American apart from Dutch and Yosemite Sam.

Whilst they were clearly using it to mean the former, that was a pretty funny line coming from Zeb with the close up on his face. Had to be deliberate as a bit of a double meaning to draw attention to the face he looks/dresses like a bit of a nutter.

Also the poster who said about putting him with The Shield is a lunatic. Why would The Shield need some fat old guy?

I see what you did there. Very good. :thumbsup:

Also the poster who said about putting him with The Shield is a lunatic. Why would The Shield need some fat old guy?

...I don't get it.

I assumed he meant The Shield TV programme's main star is a fat old guy. Tenuous, or I have it completely wrong. He's not that old!

Oh wow.. I really hope they get Glenn Beck on. That could be amazing.. I haven't caught any of this angle; I'm gonna need to do some catch up; it sounds like great fun from what I've been reading.

You need to check out youtube.com/wethepeoplezeb

...I don't get it.

I presumed you were referencing The Shield's connection with this guy:

Paul_Heyman.jpg

And yes I realise he isn't actually that old, he just looks it.

Interesting thought. Could WWE actually fire Swagger with his current gimmick? So he brought the company into disrepute but WWE have already said that he's responsible for his own actions. The other thing is in the PG era they could say he's negatively influenced kids to copy him, but he goes out on TV each week and shows racist behaviour so is what he did in his own time any worse than what he does on worldwide live TV under WWE's instruction in that respect? The only thing they might get away with if they actually chose to do it is the fact he did something illegal.

• Awards Moderator
Oh wow.. I really hope they get Glenn Beck on. That could be amazing.. I haven't caught any of this angle; I'm gonna need to do some catch up; it sounds like great fun from what I've been reading.

I'd love for Zeb to appear on Fox News - in character. It could be incredible. He could get kayfabe-era level heat from the Fox viewership, and if he refuses to break character, I could see a Hannitty or Sarah Palin or someone falling into a total trap, either revealing their inner racist or accidentally realising they're in favour of the immigrant Del Rio, causing their brains to implode from the paradox.

Zeb for Fox News! Oh, I really want that to happen. It could be fantastic. Fuck Swagger, he's the third most important guy in this angle behind Colter and ADR.

Archived