Jack Swagger arrested for DUI and possession of marijuana

pain-giver

• Paid Members

In fairness, I don't think Pitcos was necessarily making a direct comparison of the two incidents. I think he was just suggesting that there is a precedent of the WWE letting wrestlers off for things that we were pretty sure that they would be bollocked for.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well apparently he isn't being advertised for house shows now but is still advertised for Raw. WWE have only really said Swagger is responsible for his own private actions.

Can't really see what they have planned, they may just be taking him off house shows until it dies down or they may be taking him off them and having him on Raw to write him off TV and out of the WrestleMania match, who knows until we see what happens on Raw.

The original plans for the feud have leaked online though which makes me think they obviously aren't the current plans now. If anyone's interested it was going to be:

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

The original plans for the Jack Swagger vs. Alberto Del Rio World Heavyweight title match at WrestleMania 29 was for it to be built up as an Ankle Lock vs. Arm Breaker submission storyline.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

Credit for stories from:

http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/14031/j...ekend-wwe-shows

http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/14034/o...stler-reactions (This link includes the original plans for the feud).

Getting a DUI with drugs in your car is far worse than hitting a fan

Of course, but my point was not that the two things are the same, purely that there is precedent of WWE turning a blind eye when a wrestler in a prominent position steps well out of line. And several wrestlers have been pulled for drink-driving to little/no punishment. The weed in the car is the difference-maker.

in 'self defense'

lol

The original plans for the feud have leaked online though which makes me think they obviously aren't the current plans now. If anyone's interested it was going to be:

The original plans for the Jack Swagger vs. Alberto Del Rio World Heavyweight title match at WrestleMania 29 was for it to be built up as an Ankle Lock vs. Arm Breaker submission storyline.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

No, it was going to be (and possibly still is) Mexican vs Racist. Did you even read that before you posted it? Have you watched wrestling in the last two weeks? There's no way on earth that a feud between Alberto Del Rio and Jack Swagger has their finishing moves as the most prominent aspect -- if that was the plan, then both their gimmicks would be a waste of time.

He's a tool, but he's always come across as one.

As far as Mark Henry goes, I'd love that. Mainly because his 'off script' shouting is fucking glorious and him shouting WE THE PEOPLE would be far more convincing. Not to mention Henry's main targets since returning have been Sin Cara, Mysterio, Hornswoggle & Khali. All in theory, foreign imports who aren't really American. Two mexicans, an Irish leprachaun and a big fuck off spastic Indian.

It could totally work, even if they don't get rid of Swagger they should really have Menry involved.

• Paid Members
I don't think Dutch will get too hung up on it. Given the time when he was in the business, pretty much everyone of his peers would have been DUI of alcohol, coke and god knows what else. Probably did it himself every other night.

Yeah, I was thinking along those same lines. It's harder to get righteously angry about an action when you're chummy with the perpetrator, I think. You can condemn it, absolutely, but you also understand that the person who did it isn't some unknown whom you can demonise and wish to see locked up for life, but a good person who made a silly mistake. And unless I'm missing something, it isn't yet known whether Swagger was actually under the influence of anything, since an arrest takes place whenever a drug is found on the individual because, unlike with alcohol, a test can't take place on the roadside.

Dutch's granddaughter was killed by a much more unsavoury man, who had a nine-page charge sheet and was fleeing police at the time. I don't think Swagger really compares with that and that Dutch would equate the two. She was killed by a career criminal; Swagger is a friend who made a silly mistake which didn't see anybody hurt, an action that many of Dutch's contemporaries routinely did. I even recall reading that Harley Race would smoke with one hand, drink with the other, and steer with his knees. He's never considered a bad person whom the boys should ostracise.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

No, it was going to be (and possibly still is) Mexican vs Racist. Did you even read that before you posted it? Have you watched wrestling in the last two weeks? There's no way on earth that a feud between Alberto Del Rio and Jack Swagger has their finishing moves as the most prominent aspect -- if that was the plan, then both their gimmicks would be a waste of time.

Of course I read it, and of course I know it was Mexican vs. Xenophobe. That was part of the storyline outside of the wrestling but who is to say it wasn't going to have the Ankle Lock vs. Arm Breaker built into it. If it did it would make the match so much more interesting and it links to something Triple H was talking about in the past few weeks when he was going on about how wrestling matches should be able to tell a story in the ring. The xenophobic angle is great for promos and build up outside of the ring, the submission moves would make the match more exciting from a wrestling viewpoint. And just because they have one doesn't mean they can't build in the other.

No he would be a shite leader of Aces and Eights,he may end up working there but your jumping the gun about how they would want him to feud with Angle

Thats what YOU want to see

Seeing Swagger lead a biker group would be worse than when Devon was unmasked

Also have you not read the rest of this thread?

There are good talents out there like Morrision and Masters neither which have been in TNA(i dont count Masters dark matches)

You dont see them signed do you?

Its all about Money and TNA dont spend like they once did

Hey if he gets fired from WWE then good luck to him if TNA take him on but its not set in stone

No but masters was in ring ka king. So it is not like they have zero working relationship with him. A better example would be carlito.

A few more 'We The People' style videos featuring Zeb and Swagger were uploaded to Zeb's Youtube channel last night, so maybe Swagger will keep his contendership after all?

Or these were going to be put up week-by-week, and now he's being written out, they've put them all up for consumption before Raw?

• Paid Members
No he would be a shite leader of Aces and Eights,he may end up working there but your jumping the gun about how they would want him to feud with Angle

Thats what YOU want to see

Seeing Swagger lead a biker group would be worse than when Devon was unmasked

Also have you not read the rest of this thread?

There are good talents out there like Morrision and Masters neither which have been in TNA(i dont count Masters dark matches)

You dont see them signed do you?

Its all about Money and TNA dont spend like they once did

Hey if he gets fired from WWE then good luck to him if TNA take him on but its not set in stone

No but masters was in ring ka king. So it is not like they have zero working relationship with him. A better example would be carlito.

I'd argue it makes his point further. Given that Masters worked for them in Ring Ka King and still hasn't been signed for TNA would in theory suggest Swagger has even less chance of being signed. I know it's not water-tight logic, given that Knox didn't work RKK (I think - still working my way through season one) but has been signed up, but most of the guys who did work it are now signed or have been signed.

• Paid Members
I can't believe it after the biggest push ever. Does this mean that he is off wrestlemania

As I have mentioned elsewhere I am fairly sure he will end up in TNA. I cant see WWE keeping him after this and in TNA he can do his weed and also get a big push like RVD does.

Fairly sure he will go to TNA? Has he got friends there? Has he got connections? Has he been in TNA before? Bit of a daft assumption. Why would they want a shit version of an All American, when they have the real deal being Kurt Angle.

I was about to say exact same thing - If WWE let him go he will never be seen in TNA

Archived